“An old friend revisited”
Review of The Deck

The Deck
Ranked #370 of 12,071 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had eaten here before and on this trip decided to stay for 4 nights as well in the Arun Residence. Really quite exceptional food. Full-on top quality Thai extravaganza. I started with giant river prawns followed by a succulent lamb dish. My wife had chicken satay followed by squid. A balmy breeze blew through the restaurant as we watched the busy river craft on the Chao Praya. Great to be back in Bangkok! Who cares if courses all arrive on the table at the same time. This is not haute cuisine but it's the reason why we love eating here. Friendly staff and sensible prices.

1  Thank Gourmanator
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Awful awful food, uninterested staff, view is ok but not that special. So many great places to eat in Bangkok. This really isn't one of them.

2  Thank Simon W
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I go back and forth with this place. I've been away for a year and went back last week to find they added some dishes to the menu. Part of me was dreading going back because I've never loved the food, but the view is good and my wife likes it...

The food has improved since a year ago..at least my meal was. Don't forget you are paying a premium for the view you rich farang you. Service wasn't bad and is better if you have a little Thai. As for those who complained that the appetizers and mains show up around the same time....welcome to Thailand. That happens more than not.

Also, a reservation is a must if you don't want to wait. If you want the edge seat upstairs, I've had to call a week in advance. When we showed up without a reservation we were seated in a table that was reserved under the condition we'd be done in a couple of hours. Very nice of them to assist us.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I visited the Deck with my family for a early dinner, and to witness spectacular sunset of Wat Arun located just across from the venue. The Deck is a 3 level restaurant/bar, and the higher you go the better view you get. The first two levels are for dinner, and the 3rd level is a bar (not very big and it could be very busy at the time of the sunset - so get there early).
The restaurant is not on the main road (Maha Rat) as it is located at the end of the small alley. Its not very difficult to find once you see it on the google maps. Food was average, but the atmosphere made up for it. The green curry river prawns was not very presentable nor tasty. Next time we go there it should be for drinks only on the 3rd level.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Hi Guys, I'll be visiting BKK next month and want to go here. Would you mind giving the directions if i'll be coming from Huai Khwang Station? Thanks much.