“Nice food, good services with great view”
Review of The Deck

The Deck
Ranked #250 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We've been there more than twice and really love the place ... The food is yummy .... The services is excellent ... All staff are so helpful and full of service minded ..... For the view, totally speechless with the Wat Arun Pagoda behind .... So beautiful ... Very impressive ...

From the long long day at work, this place really make my day and recharged my body and mind with full energy again.

Very important ... Pls call for resevation the best seat by the river.... :)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm torn between writing this review and not writing.. will not do justice to my friends who brought me there and the great experience I had, and being selfish wants this place to reatin the charm of being a boutique setting and not get swamped by a lot of people...

The owners of this place are not out to solely make a profit, but to enhance the dining experience...Its a place for dining, and for drinks...try the top floor; grab a beer and watch the ships glide past with partygoers. The cuisine is unmistakably Thai with the spices use, but not like any regular Thai food...its almost sublimally fusion, and yet not. Highly recommend the glass noodle with tiger prawn, I had the honor of meeting 2 of the owners during dinner time and they mad eme an off menu dish (sorry, i was sworn not to disclose under threat of persona non grate) which was 'heavenly". Rounded up dinner with a few glasses of wine...what more can one as k for , great view, great food and great company.. a total perfect dining experience. Too bad their boutique hotel (next door) was too out of way for my meetings, otherise i will stay there.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Absolutely amazing hidden gem for dinner or drinks. We were staying at the Lebua at State Tower, 15min taxi ride to this hidden restaurant which is directly across from the the Temple of the Dawn ! Amazing Authentic Thai cuisine at an affordable price! The appetizers are huge 190THB each, I recommend the chicken satay or roasted cashews. This is the best experience! Tip: have your hotel call ahead and make a reservation for the 2nd floor balcony for the best view in the house.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We dropped in here for dessert. It is an old building done over very tastefully. It stands on land owned by the Reclining Buddha Temple (I was told by my local friend). There are a number of decks at different levels. All have a view of the water and Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) across the river. It is spectacular in the evening. We ordered sweet rice-mango with coconut ice cream and couple drinks. The portions were so small as to be laughable, but they did bring me a whole lime to squeeze into my soda water.

There are rooms here, it is a boutique hotel, and it seems popular with well-heeled tourists. I'd go again, I suppose, if only to get a table higher up. But even on the first level, it was fun if not cheap.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Make sure you grab a table in the bar on the 4th floor before sunset and just sit and watch - is magical. Then move downstairs for dinner - the beef red curry is divine and just melts in your mouth. Yes you can go to much fancier places in Bangkok but we loved it here. Definitely recommend.