“Fantastic view, great food”
Review of The Deck

The Deck
Ranked #250 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Make sure you grab a table in the bar on the 4th floor before sunset and just sit and watch - is magical. Then move downstairs for dinner - the beef red curry is divine and just melts in your mouth. Yes you can go to much fancier places in Bangkok but we loved it here. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went for Valentine's day with my boyfriend (just to the restaurant). The view is awesome because you see the Wat Arun (a temple) from the restaurant. The food was really good and cooked and a good value.

The service was really long, but in Thailand it's very common so you have to get used to it

I would definitely recommend it!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Following a whole day visit to the Grand Palace and the temple of the Reclining Buddha, the Deck is the ideal place to have a Thai Iced Tea, a Rambutan or a Lychee smoothie enjoying the sunset of Chao Phrayia and admire the breathtaking view of the Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) opposite as it is lit at night.
The staff at the deck is very welcoming and polite, the drinks are fantastic and the prices quite reasonable. The music is slightly out of context (soft Brazilian) but very relaxing nevertheless.
The perfect closing to a wonderful day in Bangkok whether on leisure or on business.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Only easy Thai Smoothie Drink and Pancake set we had, it is so nice , quality & delicious!! even its warm day but cool breeze by river plus view it really booth our day!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was the one restaurant I booked before our trip because of all the great reviews I read about it. I wasn't dissappointed - the view of Wat Arun all lit up was spectacular (we got a table n the 2nd floor right next to the fence), the staff was incredibly helpful (at one point, my partner looked over his shoulder to order another beer and two waiters came running so fast they almost tripped over one another), the coctails super strong and the food amazing. The only thing that slightly bothered me was that the waiters didn't warn about some extremely spicy dishes - my main was so spicy that I left most of it.
A great night out in all. It's a bit hard to find, so if you're coming by a taxi, have the directions written in thai. Another piece of advice - the taxi drivers know the place as "the deck" - our poor cabbie kept asking us if we wanted to go to "the deck" and we kept insisting that no - we wanted to go to the Arun residence. At the end when we learned our mistake, he was left with a hefty tip, so everthing was ok in the end.
Would reccommend this restaurant for a romantic night ut and not necessarily to families with small children.

1  Thank MasaMatjaz