“Great value for money, wifi connection was poor”

Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24
Ranked #271 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I pretty much always stay at Oakwood apartments whenever I go to Bangkok. The are two main positives to this particular residence --- 1st it is extremely well located - very close to a BTS stop and also to Sukhumvit Road. If you want to get a cab, the staff will go out into the heat to get one for you. If you don't speak Thai, the staff will tell the driver where you need to go --- so you spend the least amount of time waiting outside. This is a blessing in the hotter months. If you are a bit more adventurous, the location lends itself to the motorcycle taxis --- an easy way to beat the traffic!
The second positive is the value. It is a lot cheaper than most of the other hotels of it's class -- It is probably in terms of the physical product -- the 3/4 star hotel. However, you have to note that this is not a full service hotel. So you will not necessarily get the same type of service.
Nevertheless, the staff service levels are high and they will generally make as much effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The other benefit of staying at a serviced apartment over a hotel for me is that you get the quietness of being at home, while getting the service of a hotel. I never heard another guest except in the morning when room doors were shutting

During this trip I had issues with connecting to wifi throughout my stay. The wifi is not the fastest, but I've never experienced it as bad as this before. I was always in so much of a rush, I never really got the chance to talk to someone at the front desk about it and so didn't say anything. Oakwood actually sent me a feedback form a few days later and I made a comment about the wifi ... and to their absolute credit they came back to me within a couple of hours with many assurances that they would a) look into it to make sure it doesn't reoccur and b) have someone assist me when I check in next to make sure I do it right --- that is service!!!
The other comment I would have, is that this Oakwood also suffers from the slightly damp smell that the other Oakwood does. I think this would easily be solved by having a stronger AC throughout the common areas as it doesn't feel very cool - I think this might also make the whole experience more comfortable.

The breakfast is perfectly adequate and I never saw more than a few people at a time when I was eating. You have the usual mix of precooked food, but eggs, bacon and sausages are cooked to order which is great.
I never tried the restaurant at dinner time, so I can't make any comments on that except that they provide meals for lunch and dinner.

Would I stay here again? Well ... I am already booked to stay again later this year ... If that isn't a ringing endorsement what is?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Gl0beTrekka
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage of Oakwood, and for your great review! We are all very glad to learn that you enjoy not only our service and facilities, but also our personalized service. Nothing gives us more pride than welcoming our return guests back home to Oakwood, thank you again for your ringing endorsement!

Thank you also for the good comments on the restaurant, we will definitely share this with our restaurant operator. The Admiral's Pub & Restaurant @ 24 enjoy a loyal crowd for lunch and dinner, and is well worth a visit!

We have also noted the issue of the lack of air-conditioning in the corridors, unfortunately the corridors are not fitted with air-conditioning but ventilated with fresh air as a per the design of the property.

Finally, please accept our apologies again for the problems experienced with Internet during your stay. We have now spoken to our internet provider, who have recently installed a new version of the guest internet software in the property. This software is being fine-tuned and should both increase the speed as well as make the connection more stable. We also have 24-hour access to trouble-shooting the internet via phone, and will be on stand-by for your next visit.

The team and I are now all looking forward to welcoming you back home to Oakwood soon again!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Superb value for $, Incredibly kind and generous staff, we needed a v late check out as our next venue wouldn't be ready till early evening, it was granted instantly! Comfortable, clean. The only thing i would say that was disappointing is the water pressure in the shower. Other than that....you get exactly what you pay for. Perfect central serviced apartment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in Bangkok, and for your excellent review!

The team and I are very happy to we managed to meet your expectations, and that we were able to showcase our service commitment!

We are all looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home to Oakwood many more times!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a pretty new property and is in a super convenient location. Its well priced and the staff are brilliant. Its a very safe property, great design and super well equipped rooms. Really not a negative word to say.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to Oakwood as your home while in Bangkok, and your excellent review!

The team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and all look forward to welcoming you back home many more times!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is my 3rd,. time to the Hotel in the last 3 years and once again the stay was good, the rooms were clean, the location is excellent and the staff was helpful. Would definitely like to go back for my next stay next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and for your excellent comments!

It is always a pleasure to welcome our regular guests back home, and the entire team and I all look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It's a beautifull property to stay in Bangkok in the heart of the city. I stayed here for 3 nights and was amazed by the services. The welcome by the Front office associate Ms. Panthip was very warm. She helped me with the site visit details and even gave me brief information about the travelling part too. Also i would like to thank Virath for all the help.The room was spacious and interor was beautifully done. The rooms are equipped with kitchenette facilities...if you are planning to go with your family then this is the best place in the city to stay. The swimming pool on the rof top is awesome, you can actually view the city from here.The hotel is conveniently located as you walk for 3 mins and you come to the sky train station which will take you to different shopping and sight seeing destinations. I am sure that if i am travelling again i am gonna stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review!

The team and I are all very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us us, and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home to Oakwood soon again!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this place many many times, for short and long durations. I can find nothing wrong with the place, other than the breakfast spread. The rooms are really well maintained, clean and well equipped. I love the entertainment system - TV, DVD, iPod dock. The staff is really service oriented and helpful. The location is great - short walk from BTS station and even shorter walk from Emporium shopping mall. If only the breakfast spread was better, it would be a full 5!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued support, and for your excellent review!

Your comments regarding the breakfast are well noted, and we are very happy to share that we now have a new restaurant operator at the property - Admiral's @ 24 Pub and Restaurant. We are confident that the team from Admiral's will improve not only the breakfast but also the overall restaurant experience, and we are very exited to welcome them to Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24!

Finally, the entire team and I all very much look forward to welcoming you back home to Oakwood many more times.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very near to BTS station and shopping. Our room was big, clean and comfortable. We were a party of 3 and had booked a one bedroom executive with an extra bed but on arrival we were given a complimentary upgrade to a 2-bedroom apartment. That was very nice of them. Reception staff were also very helpful and patient when we needed some clarifications on the deposit. Will return again.
Suggestion - would be good if dish washing liquid & sponge were provided so we could do some basic washing up too, so there'd be enough cups for use.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peegs
Bjorn R, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feed-back! The team and I are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the upgrade to one of our much sought-after 2 bedroom apartments was so much appreciated!

Although our housekeeping associates wash any used dishes, cutlery and glassware as part of the daily cleaning routine, we do also provide washing-up liquid and sponges on request at the front desk and through our Housekeepers.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home to Oakwood soon again!