“Trusted restaurant”

Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill - Sukhumvit 13
Ranked #529 of 11,958 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: This location is Margarita Storm powered by Sunrise Tacos. Open 24 hours a day with Sunrise Tacos Mexican restaurant classics along with a Margarita Storm menu serving American and International cuisine. Happy Hours 7 am to 7 pm. 99 Baht pints and all you can eat tacos on Tuesday and Friday between 2 pm and 7 pm
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Well, it has been 2 years and half now since I am a regular customer of Sunrise Tacos and I can tell you that every meals on the menu are great ! The price is totally honest and the 24/7 open daily is a plus when u come back late from party or when u are hungry early in the morning. They also have a delivery service.
If the restaurant can see this review, I have just one last thing to say to justify my 4 stars :
Last year u started changing the way of cooking quesadillas and french fries (ingredients and size).. In my opinion the old ones was better, even if it's still good right now :)

show36, Owner at Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill - Sukhumvit 13, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Max N Apple,

Thanks for your enduring loyalty and review. I will have a meeting with my chefs in regards to your comments on our fries. Thank you.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This had been my 3rd visit to Sunrise; every time a different branch. On my first 2 visits (previous visits were to T21 and Silom branch) I managed to get food poisoning from the sub-mediocre (mediocre is just not enough of a description) food that was served. Coupled with surly and inattentive waiting staff in both branches, I had determined that my double bout of garlic distress was enough to ensure I stayed absent.
But while back in Bangkok for a visit, a friend managed to persuade me that "things had changed." The food was better, the staff friendlier and the whole experience had been moved up several notches from 'basement cuisine.' Oh how wrong he was...

Initial impressions were better; the staff who welcomed us (a group of 4) were friendly and chatty and took our drinks order while we perused the menu.
We ordered a pitcher of mango Margarita; big mistake as they seemed to follow the Thai tradition of loading it with syrup. Far too sweet to the point of almost being sickly.
The pitcher was quickly discarded in favour of a safer beer option.
We decided to order starters so chose 2 portions of tacos, a nacho cheese supreme and a portion of 8 chicken wings.
The wings were fairly reasonable; not the best by a long shot. Sort of the Robin Thicke version of nachos the same night the Rolling Stones are in town.
But the nachos? Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Soggy and limper than Pele's erectile dysfunction problem, these were a pale imitation of what nachos should be like and around 60% of the plate was left untouched.
The tacos were the high point of the starters, and indeed of the entire meal. Still not world beating but definitely value for money, and the mango salsa was tasty indeed.
And so onto mains. Now when several people eat out, you sometimes expect less than 100% satisfaction. Unfortunately tonight only hit the 25% mark. Even more unfortunately I was not the 1 in 4 who enjoyed their main.
My girlfriend had the steak fajitas and her only opinion was that they must be sourcing the beef from a water buffalo retirement home somewhere in Isaan. Chewy, fatty and as grizzled as Keith Richards after a 3 day bender.
My friend went for the Enchiladas Suizas, and while he was not ready to say they were the worst ever, he was prepared to say that they were well below average and lacking in any taste.
His wife chose the California Chicken Crunch Supreme, and her only comment was that the breaded chicken was like something KFC would send back to the kitchen. the sour cream appeared slightly off (a charge refuted by the now growling, formerly friendly waiter) and the guacamole looked like it had been made by an autistic 8 year old.
I had decided to go for one of the specials, though I now think they were referring to the special needs of the person who prepared the dish. They describe the beef as 'juicy and lean', but to be frank I have seen deserts with more juice in them, and if you could describe Vanessa Feltz as lean, then the description was also apt here.
Overall another poor experience from Sunrise Tacos who now have the distinction of being the only restaurant/chain I have ever visited again after 2 poor experiences.
Well done Sunrise! A hat trick of mediocre cooking, presentation and staff who are about as friendly as a Syrian Jihadist with an AK47

Adios amigos forever. I wont make that mistake again..

2  Thank IainDonnelly

Dear Lain Donnelly,

We strongly feel this is a personal attack.

Who goes to the same restaurant chain, gets food poisoning the first 2 times, and then goes back again a third time? Normally, you would contact the restaurant manager with details of your visit but you came 3 times and said nothing? Come on.

In the 7 years we have been open we have had only 3 cases where someone initially felt they had gotten sick from eating our food. Afer investigating, it was found to be a stomach virus in all 3 cases. This is out of over 420,000 people that have eaten at Sunrise Tacos since 2007.

But you claim not once but twice you went back to our restaurant after you got sick! But you dint say anything. You didn't speak, you didn't call, you didn't email. But you came back a third time.

We are the recipient of the Trip Advisor Excellence Award for the last two years. Easily, we have
over 100 guests that eat at out restaurant at least 5 times a week. Not one time did any of these people ever get food poisoning. But you got it twice and didn't say anything and came back a third time!

This makes me wonder if you were ever really a guest at all.

By the way, we have 3 Mexican chefs who were all trained in the USA. The executive chef has been a chef for over 20 years and he and our restaurant staff follow the gold standards of food safety.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place has great food on the cheap and fresh ingredients. Unlike charlie browns off soi 11 this place has great food, quality ingredients daily, a manager who does his job well, plenty of seating and a chill environment. I would recommend this place anytime the mexican munchies strike. Just good food simple.

3  Thank steve t

Dear Steve T,

Thanks for you visit, review and thumbs up!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've eaten three times at Sunrise Tacos, twice on Suk 12 and once at Terminal 21. Portions could be bigger, the pineapple salsa is very good, enchiladas suiza are my FAV, and my wife enjoys the tacos. She's "Classical" Thai, but she has come to enjoy Mexican food at Sunrise Tacos. It's not "world class" but it's good food and good prices. Service is fine. I keep going back and I've owned a Mexican restaurant. So it's certainly one of the best in Bangkok.

show36, Owner at Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill - Sukhumvit 13, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Steven K Scott,

Thanks for your visit. Thanks for the kind review. Thanks for your loyalty. Furthermore, it is gratifying that we are able to impress a fellow restauranteur like yourself. We look forward to serving you again soon at one of our 10 locations.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I could've had a better meal w a warmup TV dinner and beer was warm. Also vat and service are charged in addition to overpriced food. Definitely not a good value and not good quality

Dear Venus F from the great city of San Jose,

We really appreciate you stopping in to try our food and we are grateful for your feedback. I must tell you that we were all genuinely surprised at your review and I will elaborate why, point by point.

1. Our portions are 35-50% larger than other sit-down restaurants.
2. Our prices are 35-50% lower than other sit-down restaurants.
3. All of our beer is kept in and served from a Sub-Zero freezer so it is impossible for our beer to be warm.
4. Every restaurant in the Kingdom of Thailand is required by law to charge 7% VAT.
5. Nearly every restaurant in Bangkok charges a 10% service charge and those which don't factor it in to the price of their food.

In regards to the taste and quality of our food, we are very sorry that it wasn't to your liking. Most of our guests rave about our food because all our meals are made to order and we use many high grade and imported ingredients. Perhaps we had an off day. If you would be kind enough to give us a second chance, I guarantee that next time will be a charm. WE WILL TRY HARDER. Please ask for the manager and mention this post as I have already instructed her to look after you personally.

It really bothers us if even one guest leave unsatisfied. Thanks again for your review and we do hope you will visit us again soon!