“A bit disappointing”

Je Ngor's Kitchen
Ranked #1,483 of 10,793 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Silom
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Read the reviews and was looking forward to some very special seafood dishes.
When we arrived I was disappointed by the complete lack of atmosphere to the restaurant.
We decided to sit outside, but were a little uncomfortable due to the heat, a fan or two would be good.
The food arrived. It was good, but nothing to go crazy about.
The bill was the final disappointment, very overpriced for what it was.
I suppose it's an okay place, but I wouldn't go back for a second bite.
You can very easily get the same taste in many places in BKK for a fraction of the price with a better atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank BibandTucker B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Vancouver (Canada)
“Must Eat Everytime in Bangkok”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our family comes to Bangkok every year. And my mom craves the food here and insists on coming every time, particularly this branch. Not that we don't try other restaurants. We do, and also other Thai-Chinese restaurants. But the rest fail short in comparison. Prices are reasonable, and the taste is great for every dish. Must try items: crab in pepper sauce, seafood fried rice, shrimp cake, prawns in vermicelli. All so yummy and flavourful. And they taste even better when a young coconut drink on the side. Service wise, yes, I have seen more motivated staff before, but I don't come here for the pampering. I come here for their food. I wave them over when I need them, and then they come. No big deal. OK, one minor complaint, their free wifi was down the last time we went. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
“Excellent Thai-Chinese food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Must order crab fried rice - the best I've ever had. The raw shrimp is a bomber but you might need more than courage to try it.

• Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“for authentic Chinese and thai food...”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's a good family restaurant...food quality is great and servings also sufficient..as its very near to my house I go there very often with family ,friends or guests.situated on a quite soi(street) 20. in bangkok..this restaurant serves well...can have all kinds of non veg and some veg (on demand) also...

• Visited March 2013
Singapore
“Order the Fried Crab with Special Garlic and Black Pepper!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We tried but failed to secure a reservation on the second day of Chinese New Year so decided to just walk in. In the event we were given a table without too much waiting. The menu is extensive so we stuck to the dishes recommended by previous reviewers - fried rice with crabmeat, fried black pepper crab, mimosa with vermicelli, spicy fruit salad, fried seafood rolls, fried silver fish, and tom yum hot pot - a lot for a family of 5! The food was tasty and we managed to polish off everything! The fried crab with garlic and black pepper was especially delicious, different from Singapore's black pepper crab, but still delicious. Our meal cost 2,500 Baht. Will return to try other items on our next trip.

• Visited February 2013