“Consistently Excellent Food”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaraunt is one of our favourite haunt in Bangkok. We go there at least twice a month. Its downtown Asok/Sukhumvit location make it very easy to access, very close to the BTS. Don't be put off by the decor or the cats. The service is friendly, not always fast (so have another cold beer) and the wait staff remember you after you have een there a couple of times. Try the som tam and convince them to spice it up for you. The fried snapper with garlic and chili is amazing and the morning glory is a must. All the food is top notch and very reasonable. We now arrive, sit down, and the server comes over and starts telling us what we probably want! You will want to sit outside at street level where the fans will help with the heat. The toilets are dodgy but functional. We have takn numerous friends there and they all love it. A definite "must have experience" when in Bangkok.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant is typical Thai-Chinese food at its best ..at very reasonable prices ..

It is NOT a side-walk restaurant, nor is it a restaurant for foreigners. Fact is ...Suda (the name of the lady owner) restaurant is set at a back soi off Sukhumvit 14, a typical Chinese shop house, with a few tables out on the quiet dead-end street.

Also , this restaurant is very popular with the locals during lunch time; in the evenings you have predominantly foreigners coming, many of them regulars ..i.e. cabin crew, local expats etc.
Prices are the same ..for both locals and foreigners, lunch or dinner !

The setting is typical Thai Chinese street interior, ..plastic chairs , and Pepsi-sponsored plastic table cloth ..easy for cleaning. Napkins are in form of the usual all purpose paper-rolls....
And don't expect a stainless steel sparkling kitchen ..its a typical minimalist Chinese kitchen - producing amazing dishes.

Once you have eaten here ..you will be back -

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Because of the busy traffic on Bangkok, I went to dine at Suda Restaurant, which is a 2 minutes walk from the sky train station Asok. You can actually sit in the street even though there are some tables inside. the whole idea is to feel like a local...The food is good, prices are cheap, you get a good value for money. This time we had a dish of Thai noodle "Padthai", crispy fried shrimp, chicken wrapped in banana leafs, vegetables in oyster sauce. My favorite is the chicken in cashew nuts, you get a lot of nuts and it so good.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place was recommended to me by a friend. And he stressed to start off by ordering item number 50 on the menu. White snapper with chilli and tamrind sauce, if I remember correctly. Wow, it was heaven.

2 nights of my 4 nights in Bangkok, we ate here. Very tasty Thai food. Very authentic. Excellent staff and service, and very economical. Slightly more expensive than street food, but its really really worth it.

The fried prawns, the shrimp fried rice, the papaya salad, the mango and sticky rice....everything was brilliant. Its no fancy joint, no ac, old furniture, an odd cat sleeping below your table, tables and chairs placed out in the compound too, but the FOOD....my word!!!

I will visit this place again and again and no trip to Bangkok will be complete without eating here at least once.

Tip: Its a little difficult to locate. Its the lane which is opposite Terminal 21 mall.

1  Thank Mohitbhende
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We loved Suda so much that we returned to Sukhumvit a second time a few days after our first visit.
The menu is very large and offers everything the hungry tourist or native could wish for. As a vegetarian I was thrilled to also find a veggie option of the fantastic papaya salad without the risk of finding dried shrimp in it.
Staff seems to consist of middle-aged ladies who are extremely attentive and fun.
There are some cats around begging for food - don't try to feed them, I tried to give them a piece of chicken from my boyfriend's green curry, and the cat looked at me as if I had tried to poison it. Maybe they eat less spicy than we do.