“Eating on the sidewalk”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Because of the busy traffic on Bangkok, I went to dine at Suda Restaurant, which is a 2 minutes walk from the sky train station Asok. You can actually sit in the street even though there are some tables inside. the whole idea is to feel like a local...The food is good, prices are cheap, you get a good value for money. This time we had a dish of Thai noodle "Padthai", crispy fried shrimp, chicken wrapped in banana leafs, vegetables in oyster sauce. My favorite is the chicken in cashew nuts, you get a lot of nuts and it so good.

There are newer reviews for Suda Restaurant

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place was recommended to me by a friend. And he stressed to start off by ordering item number 50 on the menu. White snapper with chilli and tamrind sauce, if I remember correctly. Wow, it was heaven.

2 nights of my 4 nights in Bangkok, we ate here. Very tasty Thai food. Very authentic. Excellent staff and service, and very economical. Slightly more expensive than street food, but its really really worth it.

The fried prawns, the shrimp fried rice, the papaya salad, the mango and sticky rice....everything was brilliant. Its no fancy joint, no ac, old furniture, an odd cat sleeping below your table, tables and chairs placed out in the compound too, but the FOOD....my word!!!

I will visit this place again and again and no trip to Bangkok will be complete without eating here at least once.

Tip: Its a little difficult to locate. Its the lane which is opposite Terminal 21 mall.

1  Thank Mohitbhende
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We loved Suda so much that we returned to Sukhumvit a second time a few days after our first visit.
The menu is very large and offers everything the hungry tourist or native could wish for. As a vegetarian I was thrilled to also find a veggie option of the fantastic papaya salad without the risk of finding dried shrimp in it.
Staff seems to consist of middle-aged ladies who are extremely attentive and fun.
There are some cats around begging for food - don't try to feed them, I tried to give them a piece of chicken from my boyfriend's green curry, and the cat looked at me as if I had tried to poison it. Maybe they eat less spicy than we do.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

2nd visit in the past 5 years. Very good, reasonably priced food and very nice service. Tom yam Kung was delicious as was the Papaya salad

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Food is excellent and everything tastes really good. Try the crab cakes and king prawns for starters - really delicious! And everything is fresh. We had no problems with the service and everyone had a starter, main and drinks for 1800 Baht. That was for 4, there are cheaper places but this we thought was excellent value. The napkin holder and plastic plates add to the casual relaxed atmosphere! A great place with locals and tourists dining and it was always full. We only had a short time in Bangkok and our server asked if we would be coming back the next evening to which we said yes 'Definetly'. After a full day touring the city it was just what we wanted as we had an early departure the next morning.
When we go to Bangkok again we will head to Suda!!

2  Thank NeilPuddy