“Disappointed with some recommended dishes”
Review of Suda Restaurant

Suda Restaurant
Ranked #220 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The only positive dish was the fried chicken in pandan leaves. The rest of the dishes were a disappointment as compared to normal Thai standards. Even a food cart at the side of the road is better than Suda given its price etc. The red curry was too diluted and bland. Pad thai lacks the punch. To all those who are reading this, there are better options around. During our visit to the city, we have been to Som Tom (in Siam Square), Somboon Seafood and Canton House which are all much better than Suda. Maybe the standards have dropped over the years, which we are not sure of.

2  Thank Jeffrey08

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is packed after 6pm with tourists for a reason. Their food is really good. We ordered our first set of appetizers and main course to taste the quality. And it was amazing and we were so full. BUT we couldn't not have more. So we ordered a second set of main course and pretty much over ate.

Good to know:
Nam Prik (traditional Thai preparation) has a not so large fried fish but comes with a platter of fried veggies and a unique salad.

Red curry spicy shrimp is to die for - I asked for extra hot and got what i wanted!!

Green curry is not as spicy

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is still a good choice, quite spot, but the prices are getting a little high, they have recently put them up,so although a good meal it is not so cheap anymore. The service can be a little slow but over all still a god choice

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I cook and eat a lot of Asian hawker food all the time and I am just ending my fifth holiday to Thailand so I believe I know good Thai food when I get it. I trusted the good reviews about this place but honestly, it was a huge disappointment. As the last reviewer said, it was full of European tourists. The waitress looked bored and disinterested. I have had some great restaurant recommendations from Tripadvisor so I thought I would give the place the benefit of the doubt and order some food despite the poor first impression. What turned up was a soggy and one dimensional som tam and a gaeng som pla (sour fish curry) that consisted of a chilli hot but otherwise bland gravy with a few pieces of small, stale frozen fish and lots of cauliflower and tasteless snake beans. It wasn't exactly cheap either, especially considering that the food quality was so poor that I left feeling hungry despite having spent 330 baht.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We first visited Suda about fifteen years ago, and it was a real cracker. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about our last visit. However, if rubbing shoulders and fighting for tables with mainly european tourists, only to wait and wait and wait for the food you picked from a menu so filthy you wished you brought gloves just to browse through, is your thing, you're spot on.
Our food was, to be kind, mediocre. You will eat better at almost any foodstall in the city. It is still cheap though, and the beer is cold. Maybe we were just unlucky.

1  Thank heming01