“Superb fine French dining in a Bangkok landmark”
Review of D'Sens - CLOSED

D'Sens
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had visited D'Sens before but never really appreciated it until a recent invitation to the restaurant. This time around, I could not have been happier. The dinner was extraordinary - probably the best I have had this year. Service was brilliant all around. And the view still remained to die for in Bangkok.

Due to the introduction of many recent high-rise restaurants in the city, D'Sens would not be your first choice when you want dining with a view. Situated on the top floor of the very old Dusit Thani Hotel, it overlooks busy Silom intersection and Lumpini Park. But it would be a shame to exclude it from the list of fine dining in the city simply because of the "low" view. D'Sens main magnet would definitely have to be the food and the wine it offers. I had a marvelous duck liver pate, accompanied by first-class wine pairings throughout the dinner. Every single dish was spot on.

Service was friendly and prompt. The staff could give highly useful recommendations. Another big group nearby was enjoying the evening. You could hear the table laughing all night. A great sign for a restaurant.

As far as fine French dining in the capital goes, this is as good as it gets. Give D'Sens a try if you are running out of dinner ideas. Romantic and classy without breaking the bank.

1  Thank Chattan_k
There are newer reviews for D'Sens

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I went to the restaurant Sept 8, 2012. It is a fine French restaurant in Bangkok on the last floor of a hotel. Nice view, good service, French food with a taste of Thailand. A bit pricey for Bangkok but it is the best French restaurant I tired in Bangkok.

Last but not least, the restaurant was nearly empty. A bit sad...especially on a Saturday night.

BR,
Franck

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went here on several occasions lunch and dinner. I remember having a good time, but always stayed on this impression that something was missing.... Pourcel brothers are very famous in France, the restaurant here is not to the level back there. don t get me wrong, I recommend to fin gourmet to give it a try, they will enjoy it... But something missing,mike salt in the soup.....

Reviewed August 12, 2012

What an experience: My husband and I chose A La Carte rather than the Degustation menu and complemented our meal with a white wine from the Fruili Region of Italy, Lovely.
The attention to detail, with the table setting, the presentation of the food, the friendly staff all added to this memorable evening.
Can recommend the sweet pea soup( heaven ), and the whole grilled lobster...amazing.
What a wonderful touch with the petit fours with coffee,( you'll have to wait and see, what I mean!)
Congratulations and Thank you, to all at D'Sens .

1  Thank AuntyNives
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After having had an incredible experience for our wedding anniversary in this restaurant last year, we decided to go for it again.We were not disappointed.Degustation menu(out of this world),also the little extras they provided were unbelievable.Unfortunately the excellent Maitre D from last year seems to have moved to pastures new.I found the wine pairing a little strange on this occasion.All in all, it has to be 10 out of 10.

1  Thank jockhaggis