“A New Game IN Town”
Review of Giusto - CLOSED

Giusto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Well Giusto Restaurant has just consummated their relationship with the cigar bar "Whiskars" located in the back area of the restaurant. The cigar bar is actually brought to you by the boys from the private Perdomo Club off Sukhumvit Soi 28 in conjunction with Giusto.

This probably is one of the first reviews on this place since they opened only a couple of days ago, you should probably start seeing articles in the Life section from the various local media, but definitely the first here at trip advisor.

First let me say that Giusto is a great restaurant, and I have eaten there many times over the years that I have been staying in Bangkok, which spans almost a decade. He does a great job and supplies all the food for Whiskars.

Whiskars as the name implies sells whiskey and cigars, mostly Perdomo, and what a nice change, as all the great cigar bars in Bangkok seem to be Cuban crazy, Perdomo cigars are made in Nicaragua and are very good. The humidor is nice, however some of the offerings didn't make it in time for the opening, so I have to go back for their Gordo Reserve maduro wrap. That cigar is nice and the cost only 790 Bhat. I do like great Cuban cigars but paying 1000 Bhat +++ for anything decent is really a rip off. Perdomo makes great cigars, and they are also great value even in Bangkok.

Another nice surprise was the end to the skimpy 15 - 25 ml poors of whiskey or any alcholol by places like the Intercontinental cigar bar, or the Hyatt, or pretty much everywhere,

50 ml for a reasonable price, this is how it's done at the Perdomo club, and they are doing it here. If you not interested in Whiskey they make great drinks, and have Giustos entire wine collection at their disposal for sales in the back room of Whiskars. Now I prefer Australian or American Cabernet Sauvignon when I smoke a cigar, but that's ok I know Giusto has a great collection of wine to try mostly from Italy, well of course!

Later I was little hungry and I found out it was possible to choose off the selected items made for the cigar bar by Giusto or you can order off Giusto's menu which is great food and have it at Whiskars, Fantastic! Only the Four Seasons rivals this, except the terrace isn't air conditioned, and their cigar selection is limited, but at the Four Season's the food is fantastic, and you can have your cigar out there as well.

I had the mini burger by Giusto, and I was in for a bad surprise. Someone in Guisto's kitchen thinks the mini-burger should be 5 inches tall and 3.5" wide, sorry that didn't work and the burger was inedible as a cheese burger. However I did get to eat the burger one ingredient at time and as you would expect the ingredients were all top notch, so I still liked it, but wow that would have been a great cheese burger being able to taste all the ingredients simultaneously.
If you guys are listening try making it wider and not so tall that way it can fit the horizontal opening called the mouth, sorry I couldn't resist giving Giusto burger lessons! Actually the burger was given to me complimentary although I didn't complain one of the shareholders saw my troubles trying to eat the burger and secretly "comped" the meal. NOT the Coke! INcidently I had a Jack & Coke Cebu style for only 190 Bhat ++ and that's with the 50Ml pore, excellent value.

Anyway it's an opening and not everything is perfect on opening day, and I am certain this is just an anomaly.

The décor was great, really well thought out and set up with fantastic leather chairs and bar stools. You should see their air conditioning system, it's dedicated to making the place full of clean cool air.

The truth is there isn't a cigar bar/restaurant that can touch this place in Bangkok or frankly almost anywhere I have been, and the only one in Bangkok that's close is the Four Seasons. Too bad they don't have air conditioning. Even still Whiskars/ Giusto is a complete package, wait till you try it even if you don't like cigars.

Cheers

Renzo A, Public Relations Manager at Giusto, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear AL B
even an experienced cuisine and restaurants journalist could do a thorough and accurate reviews as you made it. BRAVO! :)

Thanks for all the really useful remarks you gave us. The Whisgars is open only a few days then, as you said yourself, something will definitely be done to improve both the service and our dishes proposal.

One thing i guarantee you 100%. Next time the "mini burger" will be so delicious and testy that will be very hard for you to stop eating them! :)

Again, thanks for your kind words and careful notes over Whisgars concept.

Ciao & Grazie!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The quality of the appetizer buffet as well as lunch dishes has been in decline for over 2 years. Unfortunately they just dont get the crowds at lunch and have been removing premium items and quality from their lunch offerings. A real shame as used to be one of the best value Italian lunches in town. Also like so many "nicer" restaurants in town the staff are pushing people to buy extra bottles of water which I am sure they make commission on which is quite anoying.

1  Thank Rich L

Dear Mr. Rich
we are very sorry if our set lunch does not receive your liking. The quantity of the choice, both in the buffet , main courses and desserts has even grown if compared with the past years. We proud to say that our standard is one of the highest in town, therefore, while quietly accepting your criticism, we cannot recognize it as such.
I conclude by ensuring you that our staff has no need to make up-selling. I think you're confused by interpreting the courtesy with personal interests.
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

iit's the right place where to be and be seen. The food it's excellent. It varies from lunch gorgeus buffet to a la carte romantic dinner. The Italian patron, Renzo, is always happy to explain the ingredients and the wine he serves woth the meal. Strategic position in town. An address for connoisseur

Dear Susywonder,
a warm thank you for the friendly and positive comment.
Our set lunch buffet gain more and more aficionados for the constant update we made on monthly basic. Exchange words and take seriously the comments from our customers, is a important task as provide all the information they need.
After all this is the meaning of truly Italian "tavola", sharing good times together.
Hope to see you sometime soon.
Grazie

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Wondering around near Soi Cowboy and found this little gem..... Good Italian food, small portions but well made and presented. Staff a bit too keen to take plates away, but apart from that try it if you like good italian

Renzo A, Public Relations Manager at Giusto, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Martin L
thank you very much for you kind review and your appreciate note on service.
We always value clients opinion, help us making sure that our customers always have a pleasant experience eating at Giusto.
Grazie 1000

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is a bit far from subway or sky train but still in walking distance. For those who drive you don't have to worry about parking. They have private room for our group (just 5 people) which is very good. The food here is veri good, especially meat, try lamb chop or steak for main. Appetizer, try sauteed razor clam and truffle cream soup. But highlight is dessert. Strawberries Millefeuille is so nice. We didn't order pasta this time but I went there for business lunch couple of times and ate pasta I think it quite good.

Renzo A, Public Relations Manager at Giusto, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Yiling_pum
gave us great pleasure to read your positive comment with so many detail, both dishes and restaurant description.
Waiting with great anticipation for your return and try some of our pasta and hopefully even more.
Grazie.