It's Happened to be a Closet - The Emporium
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Milan, Italy
“Good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good food, and nice decor; but after all I prefer "stand-alone" restaurants and cafeterias: the ones inside malls and shopping centers are always a little bit too artificial for me. But if you like the style it's a good choice.

Visited March 2013

• Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“decent but overpriced food, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

An eclectic vintage ambience marred by unfriendly service and so-so food. The complimentary bread basket was very good, but it all went downhill from there. We had a strange but pleasant mojito, seafood spaghetti nero, strozzi duck linguine, penne arrabiata with river prawn, and a mushroom risotto. The menu was cute but intelligible and uninformative, and the waiter failed to help out much.

We returned the strozzi duck linguine as it was far, far too spicy and peppery (we can take the usual Thai street food standard, so this was definitely a case of overseasoning) and the duck was extremely tough and dry. Our request to get some other dish was ignored, and the waiter gruffly returned with the same dish washed with salt water. This was also rejected because it was now way too salty.

To the restaurant's credit we were not charged for the dish, and were presented with a 250 baht voucher for our next return - but I seriously doubt we will have a chance to use it as we will not be eating there again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Wayyyyy over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Although the food I had, a cappacino, scallop salad, and a side of brocetta, was very good the price was way too high for the experience. Sitting in the hall of a mall and being given mediocre service does not warrant an over $30 lunch ticket.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BKK
“Much Better than Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

A friend invited me there and by the look of the place I really expected a mediocre experience. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service. I will go back there for sure.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank NicolasBkk
World
“This is a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I think this is a very unique and great place to eat, shop or just simply to be. You go there and you come out 10 times happier. I really appreciate that somebody had the crazy dream of creating a café inside of a "closet" and they managed to "pull it off". everywhere you look you find amazing treasures. If you can not apreciate this place than I seriously think you should go to therapy because you take life too seriously.
The cakes and are great (pricey but not insanely) and the coffee is good quality. I can not imagine a better place for a quiet afternoon than the comfot of the "private room". You totally forget that you are in a shopping mall.
Go to this place, smile, and most importantly: take it easy!

• Visited April 2012