“View from here is breathtaking”

Vertigo Grill and Moon Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thung Maha Mek
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Among the many rooftop bars in Bangkok, this one has something more "warm" than many others. The place is a little over priced food wise in my opinion but really the few trumps it all. The staff are attentive and helpful.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (6,096)

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

A local friend bought my boyfriend and I here last night and wow! The view is incredible, we were being typical tourists before and living in the Khao San Road bubble... So glad we ventured out. We were missing out on so much!

The drink prices are defiantly expensive, but it's worth it for just the one as the view is amazing! Go!

1  Thank BeaThomas4
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Loved all about this restaurant: staff, food, free photo made by them, the view. Such a lovely atmosphere. A must-do in Bangkok.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

My first review is for Moon Bar:
Perched atop the 60th floor, the Moon Bar provides stunning views.
This is especially so as the Banyan hotel in Silom is a little removed from the dominant skyline and thus you have more of a spectator's view of the skyscrapers.
This is only achieved given the bar's considerable height. You do not get a similar view from the sky bar at the Sofitel So, which is at half the height.
The drinks are indeed pricey but the overall cost manageable relative to the value once gets.
The place does get crowded so I suggest arriving early and it can rain quite often in Bangkok depending on the season so the rooftop can be closed from time to time.
I would rank the Moon Bar as a 5 star experience for drinks only.

And this is my review for Vertigo:
My wife and I went to Vertigo for dinner before heading to Moon Bar.
Because of the rain earlier in the evening the rooftop part of Vertigo was closed and we were sent to the covered restaurant one floor below.
While separated by glass, the view can still be quite spectacular as long as you do not have a structural beam if front of your view (we did, see picture). Our view hence was nice but nowhere as impressive.
The dinner was quite pricey for 2. Inclusive of tip the cost was $270 US, which paid for two mid priced entrees, an expensive combo appetizer (with limited portions of course), a beer for me, and a couple soft drinks for my wife. To make us feel better about the price they did take a picture of us at dinner's end (must be a standard for everyone).
While I do not do so all the time, I occasionally eat at similarly priced restaurants for work and leisure. In comparison to a Spago in Beverly Hills for example, Vertigo is similarly priced but inferior in food.
I therefore rank Vertigo in the 3 star range for value with 4 stars for the view.

In conclusion, unless money is no object and this is just another night's dinner with a nice view, I suggest you skip Vertigo and grab a drink at Moon Bar.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Seriously people ignore the one star reviews on this restaurant. Anyone who gives this lower than 3 stars definitely has problems.
The staff are attentive and friendly, the food was splendid I had the ravioli and my partner had the rib eye. You're given complimentary palette cleanses, gifts of chocolate and a free photo. This is a fabulous restaurant with amazing views and yes it is pricey but it is 100% worth the money. A busy restaurant on a Saturday night and we still managed to get our food quickly. Well done to the staff and management and chefs, you've gave us a night we will never forget!