“Bad to worse to better...”

Citichic by iCheck Inn
Ranked #301 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My stay at Citichic Bangkok started badly, got worse, but then the staff pulled it around. Upon checking in we were met with a brisk lady who instantly and rather impolitely demanded to see my girlfriend's ID card. This often happens with mixed Asian/European couples travelling in Thailand. The problems continued once in the room: dirty bathroom, creaky bed and a cigarette odour coming from the air con. The next morning we were quickly moved to a new, cleaner room, and I must say the staff were very professional on this occasion. You can tell that perhaps 5 years ago this hotel was fresh, modern and sleek. However, having not been renovated since (in Bangkok hotels age quickly) it now appears tired: the pool area in particular is in desperate need of renovation. Location wise, it's deep in a soi, so they have a convenient tuk tuk to take you to the skytrain station and from there to everywhere else in the city. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a taxi in this area who is willing to use the meter (it's a heavily touristed area).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Djwill83

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very nice hotel my room was comfortable and modern and well appointed. good location near NANA station sky train about 7 minutes walking calm, very helpful and friendly staff all of them, good breakfast

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cedric56, Manager at Citichic by iCheck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feed back with us. Looking forward to welcoming you again to Bangkok.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My first time in this hotel , my friend stay here before and he recommend this hotel to me. When i arrived to hotel , staff at front desk greeting me with big smile, i feel warm welcome from her. The man at the door always greeting me when i am in and out. Breakfast quite good but no more choice, room clean and value price. I would like to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Richard,
Thank you for sharing with us your positive comments. Happy to read about our welcoming staff and overall friendly service you experienced. Thank you for highlighting those to us and I will share among the team.
Thank you once again for staying with us.
Citichic by iCheck Inn team

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday and were so impressed we booked a further two nights at the end. The location is convenient for Nana station sky train and Asoke station is only a short walk too. There are lots of good bars and restaurants around the corner on Soi 11. The room was comfortable, modern and well appointed, the DVD player was a plus as was the roof top decking and pool both of which we made use of. The staff were very helpful and friendly they booked taxi's for us and nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel for those wantiing a peaceful quite stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cedric56, Manager at Citichic by iCheck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Susie,
Thank you for your positive comments and review.
Thank you very much for staying with us.
Citichic by iCheck Inn team

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great stay with citichic although the elavator is not working since first day but staff offers me to have comp breakfast cause my room is on the fifth floor , room very comfortable and front staff always helpful all my stay with big smile

• Stayed: January 2014
Cedric56, Manager at Citichic by iCheck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments and sharing your comments with us. Glad to hear the team has been helpful. Thank you for staying with us.

Citichic by iCheck Inn Team

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I checked in myself and my partner at 2pm. She made a big deal about my partners details and I explained that she can have have them after 5pm when she finishes work. When we returned after 5pm she wouldn't accept a copy of her Id card but wanted to keep it until we check out. This is the how they deal with Thai hookers.... not couples! Any way this girl at the desk was not friendly at all and wouldn't give us the id back. The next morning when we got up to go to work the staff on this shift were really friendly and helpful. Completely the opposite of the other girl. Also the day I arrived the lift was broken so had to walk up the stairs. The room I booked said it had a bath tub but there was no tub. Room size was ok but really no where to put your bags. Also the tuktuk only operates from 10am. Also to far too walk to bts but you can wave down a motor cycle taxi. I've learnt from past experiences I only ever book 2 nights when I book a new hotel that way if I don't like it I just go somewhere else. It's much easier than dealing with some hotel staff that aren't helpfull.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drunkenmunki
Cedric56, Manager at Citichic by iCheck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for your recent feed back and review. We appreciate your concerns, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention. I am obviously disappointed that we have not been able to service you correctly upon check in, with a lack of understanding and misinterpretation from one of our team members. Sincere apologies for this.

Your comments about our check in process have our immediate attention as we will review once again with the concerned staff since this is not our usual policies. We should have shown more flexibility indeed.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

City Chic seems pretty weak from the entrance but once you are inside, you are pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very large, clean and modern. Amenities are decent, such as the deck area and the gym. The staff are very helpful and the price was excellent for what you received. The location is also great since it is close to a lot of good bars and restaurants. Definitely worth the stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Drury

On behalf of the management and staff of Citichic by iCheck Inn, we thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,