This is a not bad hotel in its niche and price range. But it could so easily be so much better.
First impressions are favourable because of an attractive decor. These however diminish on closer acquaintance. As said by previous reviewers, the rooms are being allowed to degrade due to lack of appropriate and timely maintenance. This is a function of Management which appears to be deficient in a number of areas.
The knocks and damage resulting from a constant throughput of travellers could easily be countered by regular retouching with varnish. paint etc. This is elementary.
Similarly the first impressions of cleanliness are good but again these are let down by further experience. The areas around the edge of the bath, the shower compartment and the base of the shower doors were dirty and needed a thorough cleaning. Again elementary.
I wonder how often Management actually visit the rooms to inspect them and ensure they are of a satisfactory standard.
In a similar vein on my first day my breakfast was served without the beans mentioned on the menu. When I drew the waitress's attention to this she retreated in some confusion to the Kitchen to come back and tell me they "were finished". When I tried to explain to her that this was not acceptable she was completely bewildered as were her colleagues.
Next morning when I presented myself for breakfast a waiter at once came over and assured me with a smile: "We have beans." it proved completely futile to seek to explain that beans were not a major preoccupation for me. Rather it was the failure to advise me of the lack of them and the failure to offer an alternative which was the issue.
At no point do I hold the Staff responsible. I found them earnest, friendly and willing. What they lacked was training. Similarly with the chambermaid. They were doing their best but needed better training, guidance and monitoring. All functions of Management.
On the first morning of the "beans saga" I expressed my dissatisfaction to Reception who offered to tell the manager who would then be in touch with me. I agreed and hoped for a brief constructive exchange. At no point did anyone from Management attempt to contact me confirming my sense of limited interest.
So come on then, those in charge, Citichic could be a great little hotel. And don't blame the Staff; it's not their fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you ready to experience one of Bangkok’s hippest settings? A modern, stylish, affordable place to stay in the heart of Bangkok awaits you. iCheck Inn is just meters away from Sukhumvit Soi 11, home to some of the area’s best bars and restaurants.Our inviting, lifestyle rooms are available with the very latest amenities, including free Wi-Fi, perfect for today’s modern leisure travelers. Within easy reach of Terminal 21, Bangkok’s trendiest shopping and entertainment center, use our free tuk-tuk service to BTS Nana to explore the rest of this thriving metropolis. A great choice, centrally located - welcome to one of Bangkok’s most exciting boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citichic by iCheck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citichic Boutique Hotel Bangkok
- Citichic Boutique Suite Bangkok