“Excellent Value for money”

Citichic by iCheck Inn
Ranked #299 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I stayed for 3 nights at Citichic from 24-27Apr.
Rooms are very clean and spacious with excellen bathroom facilities; massive bath tub and seperate walk in shower. The only complaint about shower is the water has tendancy to go hot and cold!

The hotel is in a very good location. It is a couple of stops away form the main shopping centres; Siam Plaza, Siam Square, MBK centre etc. The same skyrail line takes you straight to the largest market; Chatuchak market which is only open on weekends.

Hotel is located right at the end of soi 13, off Sukhumvit Road. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to nearest sky rail station, but there is practically no pavement! There is a complimentary tuktuk and they can take you to the skyrail station but do not pick you up on the return. This is fine when it is not raining as the road flooded and we had to take a detour to get back to hotel.

There is internet facilities in the side of lobby area.

Hotel was booked with American breakfast. there is little choice for you to choose from. It is not buffet. It was rather disappointing but who cares as there are loads of other places to eat outside!

Hotel is generally very good value for money and would book again. Location is good, rooms are spacious and clean, good friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 11, 2008

It was my second trip to Bangkok and i really knew where I want to live - in heart of the Angel's city far from touristic ways, but not far from center.
Hotel is located on Sukhumvit, soi 13. Public taxi from Suvarnabhumi Int'l airport costs 300 baht (10$) with highways.
I took a number with private garden ('with terrace'-on the site). It was..grate!!!! The smart design, beautiful Illumination, large bathroom and pool on the roof! Everything in this hotel perfect. And it's really boutique hotel!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2008

We recently stayed at the CitiChic for 4 days after reading about it on Trip Advisor. We loved it. The location is fantastic! It's on a Soi off Sukhumvit Road, about a 10 minute walk from Nana BTS station. The hotel has a free Tuk Tuk that will take you there, and anywhere else within a reasonable distance. We never had to wait for the Tuk Tuk, although we saw it being used constantly!

The hotel is only several months old, and still looks brand new. Our room was on the 4th floor facing the street-- never any noise, and has blackout curtains for those mornings you don't want up with the sun! The room was a decent size, nice big clean bed, chair and small desk. The bed faces the large flat screen TV for easy TV watching. The bathroom was beautiful. A full large tub and seperate shower. The bathroom is a bit on the dark side however. Our only "complaint" about the bathroom would be the shower door. It slides open, and if open all the way also acts as a "door" to block the alcove with the toilet. Because of the way it slides, water seeps out easily into the toilet area and makes the floor quite wet.

Everything in the room is controlled electronically. You leave one of your key cards in a slot by the door, and push buttons on a panel by the bed. The panel also contains an alarm clock, that we can vouch works perfectly! (We had to get up at 6:30am twice.)

There is a very small rooftop pool which we did not use, but looks nice enough to take a quick plunge to get out of the heat. Should you need it, there is also a small gym next to the pool.

Breakfast is probably the hotel's only real weak spot. You have your choice of three different breakfasts, and they were nothing to write home about. But they are included in the price. We had one lunch and one dinner at the restaurant and found the food much better during these meals.

There are two computers just off the main lobby area where you can use the internet for free. There is also a 7-11 right at the end of the street, which is great for bottles of water or a quick snack.

We'd stay at the CitiChic again on our next trip to BKK.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at the Citichic . We'd selected the hotel in large part because of its proximity to the Bumrungrad hospital, but I'd definitely stay there next time I'm in Bangkok.

It's a good location at the end of Sukhumvit soi 13, far enough from Sukhumvit to be peaceful, and close enough to the Skytrain to be handy. There's a complimentary tuk-tuk which will take you to the BTS station.

The staff were great, very friendly and professional, and spoke good English, which is not always the case in Bangkok hotels.

We loved the decor, especially the black and white marble bathrooms, with the "now you see me, now you don't" sliding privacy panel. Everything has been carefully chosen to be sleek and understated, but in very good taste. OK, it doesn't have the top-end finish of the Conrad or some of the other 5-star beauties - but it's a fraction of the price!

We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as there are so many interesting restaurants in this part of the city.

All in all, great value and a great stay.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I have been coming to Bangkok since 1985, on an average of 6 times a year. I have stayed at hotels ranging from 1 star to 4 stars.
This hotel is new and every room has a big screen TV. . My room, booked through the net, was small,and the bed took up 90% of the room. No room service menus in room. Porter did not ask to help me with my bag. Front desk booked me into a room next to some very noisy people.At one point, I could not use key card to get into my room, staff had to go up to my room and down to the lobby 3 times before they sorted it out. Breakfast was pre-cooked, pre-packaged and tasteless. If I can pay 2500 b. for a room, I can afford to pay 200 b. for a decent breakfast. Other food I ordered in hotel restaurant was very good. Hotel is on a dangerously busy corner on Soi 13, and is used as a short cut by taxi and moto drivers from Soi 3 to Soi Asok.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank bkktripper
Reviewed February 28, 2008

We are staying at the Citichic at the moment 26Feb - 2Mar .... and we are absolutely loving it!!! It is upmarket, greatly situated and even better with the free tuk-tuk service to the river (water taxis) or the Sky Train (Asok station) for one ways from the hotel.

We love the bedroom with a proper duvet - the proper mugs with the coffee making facility, the bath in the bathroom, the rain shower - everything is just way above what we have expected!

We will definitely return!!!

Free internet in the lobby which is super, you don't have to run to a internet cafe every time you need to use the internet!

Staff is super friendly and very efficient.

Was my husband's birthday - I ordered a cake (which I obviously had to pay for), but then most of the staff came to our room when they delivered the cake and sang "happy birtday" to him!

I would definitely return!!! And recommend for everyone I know travelling to Bangkok!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CapeTown-chick
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I just returned from this hotel last week for a 8 nights stay.
It was my 9th times in Thailand and it was my worst experience in Bangkok. First I must say that the hotel looks is clean except a very bad smell in the toilet all the times. Avoid room 104. The staff is also very kind and polite. Unfortunatly, upon our arrival, they told us that our room was not ready and we must wait at 9:30PM to get our room. After more than 30 hours in airports and planes, I was very disappointed. They offered another room until our Deluxe terrace room will be ready. After this, we had problem with internet for 2 days and the staff told us that it was about the lines were too busy. COME ON, at 6:00AM in the morning? In the lobby, internet was OK but not in the room.
Finally, the lady at the reception told us that this room 104 had so many problems before with internet. Why they lie to us and not try to fix the problem? Finally after a while they sent someone to fix the problem. 2 days later I broke a glass of wine and the reception call in the room to let me know it will cost 200baht. It worth about 20 or 30 baht, come on, it was an accident. When it was time for checking out, they already put 200 baht on my bill.
Again I have to complain and ask the lady to refund a half day to us because our room was not ready upon our arrival. When you want to have a late check-out, hotel charge you. Why if room is not ready on time they not give you a discount for waiting your room at 9:30PM? The worst is because the reception admitted that they already charge extra for the previous customer for late check-out. After this argument, reception decide for not charging the glass. Why did i have to argue and complain to get what is normal for asking? After all these problems, I said to the manager that he should give me a free night stay for my next trip.
Of course, he refused my request. Too bad, i come thailand 3 times per year since 3 years and i'll come back for next July and because he want to save a 1 night stay, he will never see me again in this Hotel. In my opinion, in this hotel you feel that your money is more important that you are.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple