“Worth the money”
Review of Hotel de Bangkok

Ranked #258 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The place is very near the airport train. It's not right smack at pratunam market but it's quite near already; maybe a 5 min walk or even less. The hotel is clean and modern looking. There's some signs of old age in the bathroom but tolerable, especially for the low price. I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Wasabi416

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while doing the River Kwai Jungle Raft tour. I would say this place is more of a low 3 star motel then any sort of hotel.
The rooms were alright but I found ants in the bathroom. The complimentary water that they left out for us wasn't even in the minibar so it was warm water on a hot day. The minibar had absolutely nothing in it and the wifi only gave me enough access to message family and friends via Facebook.
We ate at the hotel's restaurant for dinner and was disappointed. But the pad Thai noodle that my partner and I had was worst then what we get here in Australia shopping centre food court. There was hair in my noodle, I didn't want to complain as fear the kitchen might put worser thing in my food. The duck entree came out last but was the best dish of the night.
The night before we were leaving to go back to Australia I was asked what time we would like the van to come get us but was never told that we have to check out by 12pm. As my plane did not leave till 9pm I thought that I had the whole day to explore Bangkok. On return to the hotel at 1.30pm I was locked out of my room. By then my partner was feeling sick and just wanted to rest but we had to check out. We ended up going to the airport very early and my partner had to sleep on the airport lounge to wait for our flight home.
With the experience that I've had I don't think I will staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thu N
TheSerene, Manager at Hotel de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

It appears that you misunderstand something about our hotel and made you felt unpleasant on your stay. Let us give you our side of information which will definitely make you understand and resolve every of your concerns.

Please also see our Check-out time on our website which clearly stated. We could help you to extend your check-out time to 1 pm (automatically locked by secured locking system, you need to contact Reception) without any costs but depending on room availability. Later than that there will be cost of Late check-out as indicated in our hotel policy. The choice is absolutely upon your call.

We are sorry to hear that your partner was feeling unwell after your morning tour. You could either choose Late-check out or even our Doctor on Call service by simply contacting our Reception. We are always there to assist you.

The hotel indeed does not provide minibar but a fridge for your items. We put the 2 complimentary bottled water outside for guests to see clearly that we have 2 complimentary water refilled daily. Upon your preference, you could request for chilled bottled water by contacting our Reception. There is no issue to arrange it as preferred.

WiFi internet speed is 10mb. Due to internet provider system maintenance affecting all places in the area in Bangkok lately may make the speed of the internet low. The internet we provide is free and if you would like to use hi-speed internet there will be cost for it.

We are sorry than you did not like our Pad Thai taste even it is the most favorite menu for our restaurant. The taste is differently different from what you have in your country. We also use no MSG for your information.

Wish this clarification makes the actual situation more transparent.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay when you do the River Kwai Kanchanaburi trip. These are the same owners as the River Kwai Jungle Rafts, so you get picked up 1st thing in the morning.
On our return trip from Kanchanaburi, we booked a night stay in this hotel via Agoda. They could not locate my booking and told me all rooms are full. They compensated by placing us in another hotel.

Overall the hotel is okay but there are much better value and better location elsewhere. Beds are comfy to sleep in but there is a musty smell from the toilet. We probably will not return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
TheSerene, Owner at Hotel de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Please accept a sincere apology for the required room is not available upon your arrival in Nov since last year. The reservation has been improved since then.

It was never our intention to create such an uncomfortable situation. We tried our best to correct our mistake and resolving the matter. We granted free room upgrade to your booking at another hotel in the same hotel standard level nearby at our cost. However, we would not let such situation happens again.

We believe acquiring this insight, we were able to see where we went wrong in the reservation request and prevent similar issues in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would like to complain the insecure of this hotel!!
I have make booking for superior room in hotel de Bangkok on 18-21/2.I have request extra bed at begin Co's I though de room only got 2 bed of single. After I reach @ de room they gave is one queen size + one single bed. So obviously no need extra bed for 3 person. And the hotel no request any when I make payment on 1st day. But 2nd day the hotel request charge 800 Thai bath for extra bed each day Co's the room is for 2 person ( one single bed + one queen size bed is for 2 person?! I doubt it!). After that the hotel make payment onward 2nd time via my credit card detail without my authority!! 1:since the room is prepare two bed for '2' person, and 3nd person have charged extra money, where is the 'extra 3nd bed'? After the payment made I supposed to have 3 bed in the room, right?
2:hotel charge me without my authority, so insecure of this hotel? I doubt the secure of client @ prosperity in room.
3:the room is so dirty, where the toilet's wall full of dirty that dont what kinda of it.
4:the staff is so rude, and the manager even don't know anything , just let the staff attitude rude.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank lennie_lee
TheSerene, Manager at Hotel de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel de Bangkok and for sharing your experience.

Please kindly understand that the 3rd person surcharge is clearly stated in our website under Room menu.

We believe that this is the point that made your stay uncomfortable about the other things.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We just came from London and wanted to explore Bangkok before going anywhere else. So, we decided to stay here. We took the airport rail link and it took less than 30 minutes to reach the hotel. Although we still needed to cross the road a little but we felt fine with that. But be careful when you plan to go there at night. You may find it a little bit hard as the hotel is located in alley. So, be sure you have the map in hand.

What we are impressed is that everything here is just the same as in the pictures we saw in website. It is new and modern. The room is quite big and very clean. The food is good though a little spicy. The staff at the reception is really amazing. She's really nice, friendly and can speak English very well.

We think the location of this hotel is nearly perfect for a traveler visiting Bangkok for the first time. You can walk within minutes to reach department stores and lots of local food. Overall, we like this hotel as we got more than we expected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Britania S

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience to other readers and compliments to our hotel.

You are right. Bangkok is a busy city but having a good map helps a lot. Our hotel is just around 20 meters from the mainroad with you can see our signage right from the mainroad. It is where all the noises absent and you can fully relax.

Our hotel map is clearly indicated where we are. You may take a look in our website > location for the big size map. You could not be lost if you have it.

Thank you very much for your recent stay and hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed there on our first night, arriving after a 16 hour flight. The location is great, 100m from Ratcharaprop station. The staff were friendly and our room was clean. Remember to activate your alarm clock, as some of the rooms are very dark

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Careldejager
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We had one night here on our way home and were expecting a nice hotel - we were very dissapointed. The staff were helpful at times but most of the time not. We got a room with 2 single beds when we had asked for a double. The bath and shower curtain were mouldy. There was an adjoining door to the next room and I think a family was staying in there and it was very noisy. The lights in the hallway did not get turned off at night and so the room was quite lit up all night.
The breakfast was fine and basic.
Overall really dissapointing.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Jazzself

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel de Bangkok and sharing your comment.

Please let us clarify as below;

The lights in the hallway could not be turned off in the nighttime because there are other guests walk in and out all night long. It will be too dark for them.

All the bath curtains have been cleansed and changed lately. There should be no such issue again.

For the noisy room, it sometimes happens when the other rooms have kids. We could help you to call the other room to keep down the voice during the night. For this we need you to call down to inform our 24-hour reception.

We are sorry for the wrong bed arrangement. However, it is always possible to get the room changed to Double bed.