“Don't go by the looks! Just an average stay.”

The Euro Grande Hotel
Ranked #492 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“Don't go by the looks! Just an average stay.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the 2nd hotel included in our stay to Thailand, and I must say I was hoping for a lot more than what we got, judging by the looks of the entrance, the lobby, etc. My wife and I got a room on the 6th floor, and it was spacious enough and clean enough, but the services were limited, no WiFi in the room, the food was pathetic in the breakfast (buffet - so to say). The location was okay, since we could walk 5-7 minutes to the outside local shops or the metro stations. The staff was courteous and good to talk to, but that's it.. On the outside, and just considering the room, it was okay, nothing more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jaspreet S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuwait
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I liked my room in the 8th. floor. It was a doubled room but they gave it as single use room without breakfast on an cheap offer.
It was quiet, wide with one Balcony & one Window looking to a very nice view.
I stayed for 5 nights and the Room Service team did a good service daily changing Towels & sheets. Bathroom is big & Clean. There was a small Fridge in good working condition.
Air Condition was strong in the first three nights but got weak & noisy on the 4th. day and they repaired it on request & even offered to change the room .
There was a small swimming pool , but I didn't use it.
Wi Fi was free but of low speed.
There was a small supermarket (7 / 11 supermarket) beside it.
It was a 5 minutes walk far from the Main Street ( Sukhumovit Road ) and another 5 minutes walk to the nice Mall ( Terminal 21 ). There was a lot of Taxi & TokTok beside it, if you do not like to walk especially at noon time for reasonable price.
Reception staff were polite and ready to help.
I think it is a very good 3 stars Hotel for middle class personnel .
I certainly stay in it again on my next trip to Bangkok at the end of this year.
Mustafa / Kuwait

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed February 28, 2013

average hotel with average rooms. wifi facility is good but hotel is very far from indra mall ,pantip plaza and other malls so better go for something else if u don't want to spend most of ur time and money in taxis. breakfast was very limited . didn't enjoy my stay there

Room Tip: go for a hotel near indra mall if u want to enjoy ur tour or some hotel in soi 8-10
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed there two nights in Jan. 2013 and was first unpleasantly surprised how deep inside Sukhumvit, soi 31, the hotel lies. It could easily be a 10 minute walk till you reach the main road (Sukhumvit) then another 10 minutes till you reach the combined Skytrain/Subway station called Asoke.
Rooms are large but in need of major repairs. Elevators worked good when I was there.
In short, if you do not mind being off the main road (if you rely on own vehicle or are keen on hiring taxis) then this hotel could be a good value if you have the good fortune of getting a reasonably well shaped room.

Room Tip: I believe it is a good idea to visit the room before checking in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The location is good near the train station but major renovations are required. The work is going on outside the hotel but immediate attention is required in the rooms also. I stayed in 808 for 2 days. The room is spacious but fittings (switches, bathroom etc.) are very old. The floor tiles in the lift lobby were broken.

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides of lift are spacious
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
tsethi, Owner at The Euro Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Bansal,

Thank you very much for your review, your critical criticism is what allows us to improve our services and is vital for us to satisfy future clients. You will be happy to know that our hotel is currently going through major renovations, both interior and exterior and we have completely renovated three floors in the hotel. Renovation on other floors will begin immediately after we finish remodeling the exterior of the hotel, which is currently in its last stages. We hope to finish remodeling the entire hotel by the end of 2013. On behalf of my staff and the hotel, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort that we may have caused you and hope to have you back at our hotel in the near future. Thank you very much for choosing us. Should have any further questions, queries or concerns, kindly contact me at the e-mail provided below.

Tharin Sethi
Director of Marketing & Sales
syd_584@hotmail.com
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times and because of that i got a special VIP discount card from the manager grating me to stay in a room in this hotel for 890 Bath. Yesterday I tried to book again a room and this was the response of the management:

Thank you for e-mailing The Euro Grande Reservation.

We appreciate your e-mail and are dedicated to provide “Best in Class” service
by responding to all queries as quickly as possible.

We received your e-mail regarding your VIP Card 890.Due renovation for
Standard Rooms we regret to inform you that we are unable to grant the 890
VIP Card for awhile.

As one of our valued customers, your satisfaction is one of our primary
concerns. Please accept our apology.

However, I would like to offer our Grande Deluxe Room:
1,990 Single w/ Breakfast
2,490 Double w/ Breakfast

Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to the pleasure of having you as
our guest.

Front Desk Reception

Room Tip: Do not stay in a hotel where promises are broken, donot believe anything they tell you or give you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank lentravel
tsethi, Owner at The Euro Grande Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Customer,

I would like to begin by whole-heartedly apologizing for your horrible experience with the front desk and would like to assure you that such a mishap will not happen again. I am the grandson of the owner of this hotel and am ashamed of the response you got. On behalf of the Euro Grande Hotel, I would like to offer you the same VIP rate you received before for your next stay at the Euro Grande Hotel. I understand that after this mishap, you may chose not return but if you do, please contact me at the e-mail given below and I guarantee you remarkable Thai Hospitality at its best. Once again, I sincerely apologize. Thank you very much for your review; It is your support that will allow The Euro Grande Hotel to satisfy its future customers and improve its hospitality to reach its maximum potential.

Regards,
Tharin Sethi
syd_584@hotmail.com

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

phuket
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

On different occasions have I stayed at the Euro Grande hotel and have experienced the warm and friendly service they have given.
Located in Sukhumvit , just a few minutes to the Emporium shopping Mall and thé BAngkok train system, I could not find a better place for the value of money.
At the moment they are doing a major renovation , hence so I have booked at a different place.
Once they are done.. We will be back.
Special thanks to Khun Dolly.

• Stayed September 2011