“BANKOK BEST HOUSE”

The Best Bangkok House
Ranked #715 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 27, 2013

it was really bad experience to stay with best house, bad location, non- cooperative staff, the price was not more then thb 250 ,really worthless stay, the behavior of the manager was really bad, no food available purely making fool

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Mahesh K

Reviewed June 25, 2013

After my daughter and I were dropped off in front of the hotel, the "bellhop" just sat there looking at us as we carried our four bags up the steps to the reception desk. We get checked in then the "bellhop" walks us to the undersize elevator, again just watching us struggle with our four bags, not offering to carry anything.

The room they gave us smelled terrible so I immediately asked for a different one, which they gave us. The new room didn't smell but it was very small, with a tiny TV, and a small AC unit. The bathroom was also tiny. The "shower" was just a head stuck on the wall next to the toilet. To take a shower you were expected to just stand in the middle of the bathroom, with water splashing everywhere. The mattresses were definitely old and worn out.

The staff was not hostile but they were not what I would call friendly. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy. The building is about 30 feet from an active train track.

The price was reasonable but for three or four US dollars more you can do a lot better.

Room Tip: Get one with a window as it will likely smell less.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andy Y
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Best Bangkok House is located at the end of Soi 15 (Soi is the term used in Thailand for a side-street branching off a major street), Phetchaburi Road in the Pratunam Area, Bangkok’s wholesale shopping district.

Prior bookings were made online, so check-in was a breeze! Be ready to present a valid ID upon check-in. We booked two deluxe triple rooms for THB1,500 a night each. During our stay, the hotel had this 5-night promo: stay for five nights and get the fifth night for FREE! I believe the promo is still ongoing. So, we actually saved THB3,000. That means additional shopping money for us!

After the check-in process, we were given a glass of orange juice each as a welcome drink. I knew it was just powdered juice but duh, it's free.

We then headed to our room at the fourth floor.

The hotel has an elevator but was too small to accommodate us and our luggage, so we had to take turns. This “well-used” elevator gave me the creeps as it was quite noisy, and as soon as it reached the destination floor, it would drop a few inches before the door would open! Goodness, what if it falls off to the ground?!

I was actually surprised at how spacious the room was. The room is air-conditioned. The A/C unit is placed beside the queen-sized bed so the electric fan is just there to improve the circulation of cool air. Our room had a mini living area, a mini-bar, coffee/tea making facilities, satellite TV, bathrobes, slippers, a hair dryer, bathtub and hot/cold shower. Quite a steal, considering the nightly rate!

The hotel has free wi-fi but wi-fi router is at the ground floor, so the signal might not go beyond the second floor.

We settled our luggage, freshened up, then headed out to start exploring Bangkok! Supposedly, Best Bangkok House has a golf cart to take guests from the hotel to the main highway, for FREE, but then, it was just parked outside the hotel, “under maintenance”.

The hotel is a good ten minute walk to Pantip Plaza, Platinum Fashion Mall, Central World and Rajthavee Night Market, among others

NOTE: Breakfast at this hotel is grossly overpriced and is quite ordinary.

Room Tip: The hotel has free wi-fi but wi-fi router is at the ground floor, so the signal might not go beyond...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the second time, the first time to stay here all fine, except the employee was not friendly,
but for the second time there are events that makes me really upset and made me to never again stay at this hotel.
I ask to heat food in the microwave, then I wash my hands in the kitchen, suddenly a man came yelling and shouted. I thought he is a hotel manager..
I thought it was not appropriate for a hotel manager shouted to the customer, if the customer should not be mistaken for hand washing in the kitchen should be told with polite not yelled and shouted..
I don't want to stay again at this hotel and I would never recommend to anyone to stay at this hotel,,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jumirah P
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Firstly, it is really far from the metro. Poor staffs, no manners. Not really helpful.
2ndly, once u enter the room, u will notice, it is not like what u see on the Internet. The condition is very bad. Very old fashion, very very small room.
U can get better hotel with this money.
Highly not recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Siangpoon
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Nice and quiet place. Small bedroom for 20$ but all you should need. Even if the ground lean a bit i would recommend this place. But be aware of the internet price, it's expensive!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank julien_biz
Reviewed March 30, 2012

After three weeks of traveling around Thailand experiencing a mix of backpacker hotels and small luxury hotels, I thought the deluxe room at the Best Bangkok House was the best accommodation I've seen in the value category.

Room 302 is about twice as large as any other room with plenty of windows and a smartly laid out large bathroom and separate tub. It has two beds, a/c, wireless internet, recessed lighting, stocked refrigerator, and an old fashion TV that seems to have just news channels.

The location is relatively close to the Airport Link train, making it an attractive choice for people just arriving or departing Bangkok. Tickets are about 40 Tbht per person, or just over $1.30 USD.

I docked points because the hotel is situated at the end of an unlikely alley, where there are various freight forwarder operations taking place. Its also right next to an active railroad track (that runs underneath the airport link train) and the proximity of people living in poverty on the tracks is a little more reality than one could ask for. The trains aren't loud or particularly fast moving, and this particular room is on the other side of the building so noise isn't an issue. Overall, the environment is typical from what I've seen of Bangkok so far.

I also dinged the hotel for its small, "well used" elevator, and tiny little ants running around. All of the hotels I've stayed in for the past 3 weeks had the tiny ants and they don't really bother me. They are a reality of Thailand.

The sheer size and quality of the room gave me enough reason to give it a 4 ranking from a 3. Next time I fly into town I'll be asking if room 302 is available.

Room Tip: The deluxe corner room (Room 302) is the one you want.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family