“Couldn't even unpack!”

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #79 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The real thing is far from the website photos. The room they gave us (a one bedroom deluxe), which they said was one of the best, was quite horrible. Cheap finishings, the wooden floor badly scratched, rug looked dirty, the bathroom counter stained, sofa looked like it hasn't been shampooed eversince it was brought to the room, closet shelves had brown stains, toilet seat had dried up pee in the nooks.. The towels and bathrobes were quite old and thin from so many washes and they provided used slippers which they washed and was seriously frayed. The windows were quite dirty too so it kinda ruined the nice view from the 27th floor. Room service was quite awful as well. Overcooked pad Thai noodles and noodle soup that was lacking flavor. My husband and I complained of course and they responded quickly. We had the head of housekeeping and a corporate account manager in our room in no time. They were nice enough to listen to all our complaints and they apologized. But they said that was one of the best rooms they had so we just left. We were planning to stay a month and had already paid at check in. They said it will take 2 weeks for the refund although we had to pay for one night. The staff I must say were really nice even after all our complaints and they didn't give us any grief for wanting to refund a whole month's worth payment. We ended up staying at the Radisson suites nearby which is a thousand times better and even cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2010

Reviewed December 28, 2010

Very happy with accommodation. Clean and new. Very nice pool and close to train. Will visit again.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank RickyDanger
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My partner & I (a professional couple ready & in need of a relaxing, loving & fun break) loved staying in Sukhumvit & feel we found a hidden gem in Fraser Suites. My partner lived in Bangkok 5 years ago, I was returning a more mature traveler with seven years gap from my Koh San Rd Backpacker experience. I would have been fine to skip Bangkok all together but compromised with my partner. It was the best decision of our trip.

Soi 11 was recommended by his friends & without intension Fraser hotel became as much the destination as Bangkok city itself. I was surprised at how it made me relax. Not massive & over done as high end Asians hotels can be, it had all the service & comforts a holiday hotel should have (I might guess it’s a favourite with corporates as well which means it never felt touristy). The décor is stylish, modern and has sense of calm & space. It is fresh & well maintained (I come from an accommodation background). These points are very relevant when you run around in the hot, bustling, crazy sweaty city.

Poolside we relaxed, swam, drank fabulous cocktails & ate incredible food. Meeting the Peruvian Restaurant Manager explained the menu diversity & well thought out poolside bites & delicious meals. We ate at least 70% of our meals here on the day beds, in our bathers being served by smiley & helpful staff and would then hit the streets & eating out for dinner.

We loved the motorbike pick up station at our doorstep that cost only 15 baht (50cents AU) to Nana BTS station or 7 mins walk. The efficient BTS rail network got us to shopping locations like MBK, JJ markets & site seeing. It is across the road/walking distance to awesome thai massage, restaurants, streets shops and funky bars like Q Bar, Fenix, Bed Nightclub with a couple of news ones being built around the corner as well. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicolaJean
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This is the third time I have stayed at Fraser Suites and I really like it there. I choose the simplest option - a studio room- and it is more than enough for me. The room is very large with a whole wall of windows with a good view. It has a vast and very comfortable bed, an excellent desk for working, a sofa and a good television, lighting which is adjustable from the bright for working to the moody for relaxation, iPod plug-in etc, good internet, a small kitchen unit including a microwave. The bathrom is enormous with plenty of wardrobe space and a washing machine, and it has perhaps the nicest shower I have ever used. The staff are friendly and very efficient. What can I criticise? Really not much. The kitchen has no socket so you have to plug the kettle in elsewhere in the room - completely stupid but hardly a major fault; breakfast is OK rather than great, and with a silly and uncharacteristic meanness if you want a cappuccino you have to pay extra. Taxis drivers don't know it. These are really only very little things. I suppose the bigest downside is that Sukhumvit isn't the nicest area, but at least you are set back from the main road.

1  Thank Londontimo1946
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I have stayed at few Fraser Suites now in Sydney and around Asia and while the standard is great, this one in Bangkok is by far the best.

I usually stay in other Bangkok 5 star hotels up on Sukhumvit, but find there is nothing around them that is walking distance and I find the whole experience rather impersonal. Frasers is right down on the famous Sukhumvit on Soi 11 & a minute by bike to Nana BTS. It has a nice boutique feel and is beautifully appointed.

I had a 1 bedroom style apartment (lounge & kitchen) and my colleague had a 1 bedroom suite. We will head back in January for a week and probably share a 2 bedroom suite as the space is generous and very comfortable. The pool is one of this hotels best features.

A nice surprise is that the food in house was not just excellent, it was a nicely diverse menu. We ate most of our meals in the restaurant there, even though there is plenty of choice close by.

The staff were attentive but made themselves scarce when not needed (which I like). Even when I had an issue with my WiFi connection, one of the restaurant staff smartly picked up on this and got an in-house engineer to resolve my issue within a few minutes.

Highly recommended, thank you.

1  Thank Phat_Tony
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This was my first stay at Fraser Sukhumvit with y friends. stayed in Room No 701 .I travel to Bangkok very frequesntly and used to stay in other property at Soi 11. The rooms are big and maintained very well. Thestaff is excellent and it swwms they are trained to handle all the situation very smoothly.
Inspite of this property at Soi 11 which is very happening with Bar Girls. this [lace is perfect for family stay . I highly recomend this hotel for family people .

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashwani189
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Booked through corporate rate for this service apartment and was impressed with the size of the room which is spacious and comfortable

Check in was a breeze and on entering the room, was quite happy with the overall view of the room, comfy and well kept. With all the positive reviews written about this hotel, allow me to focus on the negative aspects:

1. ) For the entire duration of stay, they only provide 2 bottles of mineral water considering that mineral water is relatively cheap....therefore this can be improved. However, a bonus point is that they do provide 2 cans of soft drinks for free

2. ) Same day laundry is not available at normal service which is a problem for business travellers.

3. ) Breakfast spread is limited and the quality is mediocre

4. ) Location of the apartment may be a problem for visitors on holidays as it is a distance from BTS station.

1  Thank The_TravellerSg