“Overall a very pleasent experience. Would love to come again and stay over here.”

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #96 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just stayed here for one night but I must say I was quite impressed with everything. The rooms, the service,and the front desk was very helpful with whatever information that we wanted and they took extra care of our luggage even after we had checked out, for the whole day, since we had to catch an evening flight. The location is also great and in a very happening area of Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2014
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Rishabh1982,

Thank you for sending your feedback to Tripadvisor.com. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit including the service, rooms, location and front desk.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next return to Bangkok.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My only complaint is that the traffic is TERRIBLE in the evenings.

However, that is my only complaint. I really like this place. My rooms is very nice and big. Had all the amenities that I need in a place in BKK. The workout room has many different free weights and machines - including a few treadmills.

They have a tuk-tuk that will take you do the BTS. I befriended the driver and he took care of me and took care of him every couple trips.

Will be coming back again as this is the best place I have stayed at for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for an amazing view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Traveling Fiend 007,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. Most everything around Soi 11 is very assessable from BTS Skytrain. However, you are right traffic can get very congested around soi 11 because it is such a popular street but also because of so much night life opening up in the evening.

We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The suites little overused and need maintenance, located just close to the lively area of Sukhumvit. Breakfast was very poor with very limited choices. Staff are nice, professional and helpful. Free Wifi.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammed A

Dear Mohammed,

We always appreciate hearing guest feedback and are glad you enjoyed the buzzing area of Sukhumvit Soi 11, which has many interesting places to eat and visit. I was a bit surprised to hear you felt your suite needed maintenance. Please feel free to get in contact with me so we can discuss which items you are referring too. We have a very strict maintenance procedure in place and always work to have the best suite in the best condition.

We are glad you felt our staffs were nice and professional. We care about this very much and hope you will give us another chance and stay next time you are in Bangkok.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Spent 2 nights here on our way to the islands. Great location, far from the back packing zone yet definitely closer to the cool bars and restaurants - particularly a good mix of Thai and others (a great Mexican!), also great on street drinking at the road side converted VW vans that now serve as bars. Swimming pool was lovely in the evening. Roof top bar was very nice with great views but the crowd were a bit too 'cool' and full of people posing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RedDra,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after staying with us at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the buzzing area of Sukhumvit Soi 11 which is noted for great food and being close to everything. However, the design of hotel is to allow you to be in the middle of the city but peaceful and tranquil oasis when inside the hotel property. We are happy to hear you felt the same.

We are happy you enjoyed our large suites and rooftop restaurant on the 33rd floor!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've been visiting Bangkok semi long term for close to 27 years running. In the beginning I usually stayed at cheap dives around Sukhumvit Soi 4 and gradually tired of the bar scene and got hip to the incredible medical care that is available here in Bangkok at Bumrungrad hospital. Due to my lousy and ineffective health insurance in the USA ( I'm diabetic) I decided since I'm semi retired to stay here during the winter seasons to look after my illness. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels in the tourist oriented Sukhumvit neighborhood. I used to rent the penthouse at President Solitaire when I noticed a new hotel ( Fraser Suite) being erected that obliterated my view from my balcony. I decided to give them a shot ( even though they were a little pricier) but what I got for my money (including a washing machine which is more important than you might realize) was light years better than many of the usual 5 star places in close proximity.
I usually stay for around 3 months at a time during high season ( Nov-March) and I have to say aside from a few minor problems the managed apt/hotel has been very aptly run and IMHO a bargain for what you receive in space and amenities .
Truth be told I've been here long and many times enough so I've gotten to know the General Manager Derrick Gooch ( who I observe makes it his business to know all his guests here) and I have found him and his staff very capable and professional in the running of this facility. I would not make this statement if it were not true. ( nor would I be a repeat customer.)
Besides the spaciousness of the rooms available I think the pricing structure here is very competitive with anything you would find in the Soi 11 Area which is close to the Skytrain and Bumrungrad Hospital ( a 5 star hospital if there ever was one). They also provide tuk tuk service if you don't feel like walking.
Presently they are in the midst of doing a little remodeling and the gym is a bit downsized but I've been told things will be back to normal in 3 months or so.
With my limited computer skills I'm going to try to attach a few photos as I highly recommend this place I consider home when I'm in Asia's "City of Angels". ( I also reside partly in Los Angeles, CA)

Room Tip: Obviously higher is better but don't reserve the room I stay in. The club noise is noticeable bu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear bones54,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com and sharing your positive review with the team and other guests. We are glad to hear you both enjoyed your stay including our facilities & services. Your highlight on the room sizes is definitely one of the greatest features at staying at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. Not to mention, our team always is looking forward to making your stay as comfortable as possible in Bangkok.

We hope to see you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

only stayed here for a nite, but wish we had made our place to stay for the 2 weeks in bangkok. the room was clean with all the amenities we could ask for....staff was excellent and very helpful....we will definitely return to this place....the food places are close as is the Bumrungrad hospital.....you won't be disappointed staying at Fraser Suites Bangkok.....Kudo's to management for running a great property..

Room Tip: we stayed in a premier 1 bedroom and its huge with a great view....higher floors give you an excelle...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Lucky-we-live-Hawaii,

The Premier room is a large one-bedroom suite that is a real favorite with guests. It is noted for it’s generous and open space. I am happy to read you also felt the team were very welcoming and helpful during your stay. We do our best to make your feel more refreshed when you leave then when you arrived. We hope next time you can stay longer!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We chose this place because we had a nice stay in one of your properties in Japan. Everything was great. We expected that Fraser Suites Sukhumvit would meet the same service as we experienced it in Japan. Unfortunately, your staff at the reception was so unfriendly, put their faces down to the desk most of the times. They neither said simple greetings like "hello", "Good morning" to guests nor had any eyes contact. It's unbelievable but it is the truth which is highly recommended to be urgent improved.

There's only nice experience we had during our business trip was the well located and convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Bluejay400
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Bluejay,

Thank you for taking the time to post your latest review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you choose to stay with another Fraser’s after your pleasant stay in Japan. However, I am disappointed you felt our staff were not paying attention to your needs by our normal standard greeting. We are actually in the middle of planning to change the desk to be stand up so they can easier be able to work with the computer and greet guests walking in the lobby. They are sometimes very pre-occupied trying to register and find space in the hotel rooms that they don’t always look up. We have discussed this with them and I am actually quite happy you made this comment because it shows we still have room for improvement. Also, Thailand is famous for its ‘wei’ (hands folded together) greetings which we would like to see more of.

We are happy to hear at least you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found it very convenient and hope you will give us another try in the future.