Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
$145
$461
  • Pool
1,791 results
All reviewsnew towersuperior studiophrom phongwasher dryerquiet soidvd playerthe main roadasok btssmall kitchenettedining tableswimming poolnice poolstayed here for nightshotel is locatedrooms are spaciousegg stationincluded breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Due to work I had to stay at the hotel for over a week, but it did not disappoint. Firstly, the room rates was incredibly reasonable, especially for long stays. The room was really spacious and comes with all the amenities one needs, from a flat screen TV, DVD player, internet, cozy bed, and a very nice bathroom. The pool was quite big as well. Staff were really friendly and greeted me by name (except the slip-up when I asked for a taxi to the airport and it took over 20 minutes). Breakfast was at the Japanese restaurant on ground floor. Selection was rather small, but it was fine. Location-wise it was rather far from the Skytrain, but that would be my only qualm. I'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Werckmeister
LegacySuites, GM at Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2009

Dear Werckmeiste,

Thank you for taking the time to write the wonderful review of our hotel. It is our great pleasure to know that our products and services met your expectation and encourage you to come back to us in the future.

And also thank you for recognizing our staff. They all send their regards and appreciation to you as well. We apologize for the slip-up of taking over 20 minutes for calling a taxi for you. Rest assured all staff concerned have been briefed to ensure that such lapses do not reoccur in the future.

Thank you once again. We at Legacy Suites are looking forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

First time in Bangkok ever, found Legacy Suites via Trip Advisor and other booking sites, got good reviews, though "what the heck?"

Well, the hotel was astounding. Relatively inexpensive for what you get. The staff...oh my! They were AMAZING. Always smiles and so helpful. They remembered our names and conversed with us frequently.

The room was amazing. We got the "cheapest" room and it was better than anything I've ever stayed at in the US. 5-star all the way. The bed was very large and comfortable, the rooms had a kitchenette including fridge, which was nice for left overs and such.

The bathroom was amazing and large...separate shower and tub.

There was a living room separate from the bedroom, so if you were in your hotel for a while it wasn't like you were IN A HOTEL. Of course there's so much in bangkok that you shouldn't be sitting in your hotel!!!

RIght on the Sukhumvit, so in the middle of everything. A few blocks in either direction will get you to a light rail platform, and a few blocks will get you to the subway as well. Very central location for everything we wanted to do.

About 4 blocks away is an open-all-night Italian Restaurant, which is good for takeaway.

TukTuk rides from the night market can be haggled for 100bt or so, depending on your driver.

The breakfast buffet in the sushi restaurant next door was fine. The juices were AMAZING. Nice selection of food, always fresh and we never had a problem with it.

Enjoyed every aspect of our vacation to Bangkok---it is now our favourite place and cannot wait to go back. When we do go back I promise I will stay again at Legacy Suites. I think it is physically impossible to get better service than what we got here.

Highly reccomended. Say hello to Michelle and Pak (I believe that is is name...sorry if it is wrong) for me :D

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather_A_RN
LegacySuites, GM at Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2009

Dear Heather_A_RN,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel for your first trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to write the wonderful review of our hotel. We are truly happy to have met and exceeded your expectations and encourage you to come back to us in the future.

I am also glad to know that we provided you value for the price you paid staying with us. Michelle and Bank send their regards and appreciation for recognizing them as well.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit to your “home away from home” in Bangkok.

Reviewed October 6, 2009

We had a lovely stay at the Legacy Suites - Great Japanese style hotel which showed in the attention to detail in every aspect of making our visit thoroughly enjoyable.

Both our room and bathroom absolutely sparkled and were as generous in size as they were comfortable and it all has a polished, refined style

The linen and towels were always crisp and clean as one would expect, the sperate bath and shower, lovely bath robes and various other extra home comforts that really made it special for us. there's a gym and a pool , and the sky train is so close by (which I would choose everytime over a taxi or a tuk, day pass for around 150 baht gets you everywhere you'd need to go)

Breakfast was lovely, buffet style but great quality Thai and European food, and absolutely no rush.

Last word should go to the staff, we were met at Check in by Bank and Feng who were lovely and spoke excellent english - everybody had a smile and a hello for us and the waiting staff at breakfast were attentive but it was never overbearing.

A great place to start your stay in Thailand - close enough to all the crazy and and the tourist bits when you want them, but just far enough out to feel like a holiday too.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Martanontour,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write the wonderful review of our hotel. We are truly happy that our product and service met your expectation.

I have shared your feedback with Housekeeping staff who provided linen and towel in your room, Restaurant staff who prepare the breakfast and Front Office staff who always smile and greet you including Bank and Keng. They are truly happy knowing that their hard efforts to satisfy our guests are appreciated and remembered. They all send their regards and appreciation as well.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Stayed 2 nites in Bangkok, and the Legacy Suites was excellent. On arrival the reception staff & porter were superb, the hotel is very clean, the rooms are fantastic (our room wasnt ready on arrival but after a long flight they gave us another room to have a shower etc in, no probs!)
Helpful staff & the breakfast was nice. Bangkok on the whole though I was disappointed with, every person is trying to take your money and con you, literally on every corner, always ask for a meter rate when in taxi, they are repetitive of giving you a special rate! well its not special at all, meter please!!!! tuk tuk drivers giving you special rates and taking you to their sponsors, telling you attractions are closed, dont believe them & dont get on their truck!! touts trying to get you into ping pong shows dont do it! we got absolutely conned and had a very frightening experience where they were trying to charge us £150 (8000bht) for 5 drinks in patpong!? constant bartering with street sellers, which is okay for a while but their first value is ridiculously high, be realistic guys and you may sell more!!
in summary, great hotel, couldnt wait to get out of bangkok to go to the islands! rate singapore much much higher!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear PauloB66,

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review of our hotel and for the compliment on staff, cleanliness and breakfast.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear about your bad experience in Bangkok. Thank you for sharing it. It is very useful for other travelers.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

I visited Thailand in mid-September 09 and had decided to book a stay with Legacy Suites for my stay in Bangkok based upon the reviews left on tripadvisor and I have to say that I wasn't disappointed.

I'd decided to travel to Thailand based on the suggestions of a couple of work colleagues who have visited on numerous occasions, however neither had stayed in Bangkok, so I'd had no real basis on which to choose a hotel. However, having read the reviews of hotels in Bangkok, and the cost of these places, I plumped for Legacy Suites.

Firstly, the service from the front desk staff was excellent - Khun Gift and Michelle spring to mind with exceptional service - were as good if not better then at any of the previous hotels I've stayed in, including the Hilton and Radisson chains, and on par with the team at the former Ritz Carlton in Bali. Due to the size of the hotel, I think the service is generally more personal. They always ask how you are, and how your trip is going.

They have recently upgraded the TV service to include more TV channels - approx 80 now - and should have a selection for everyone but why are you watching TV!!!

The only downpoint of my trip was the lack of wireless internet in my room on the fourth floor. The wireless router in the ceiling directly outside my room (403) wasn't working - the LAN line was sending any internet connection to the router so there was nothing for users to connect to. In the end the front desk team provided me with a ethernet cable so I could use the Internet but otherwise everything was stunning at this hotel and I would highly recommend the company.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Dear w0rkar0und,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Bangkok. We are honored that you consider our front desk team is better than many previous 5 star hotels you have ever stayed in. Khun Gift, Michelle and other front desk staff are very happy knowing that their hard efforts to satisfy our guests are appreciated and remembered. They all send their regards and appreciation to you as well.

I apologize for not meeting your expectations relating to the wireless internet. We learned from many guest comments and have improved it to fiber optics now but still… I will share your feedback with my IT team to find solution on this.

We at Legacy Suites are looking forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.