Given the reviews we had read on tripadvisor prior to booking the room, this was a major letdown. it seems like the hotel is too content to rest on their current high rating on tripadvisor and has started to slack.
1. The lobby stinks. Literally. Most of the time the lobby had the stink of wet clothes. We would rush from the entrance to the elevators.
2. Unspectacular breakfast: The breakfast had some variety but was absolutely unspectacular. When you are staying there for 4 days, you tend to get bored of the breakfast after 2 days, and there is absolutely no variety.
3. They re-use their bathroom slippers. We found this out the hard way as we had the bell boy come running after asking us if we'd taken the slippers with. Considering they are usually use-and-throw at hotels, we had packed them up, and so were surprised when this guy ran after us to ask for it.
4. They had mentioned 10% off food for American Express. But then when we were settling the bill they said that the item we had consumed "was bought from outside so the discount was not available". Seemed like a shady trick. Left a bad taste just when we were about to leave.
5. And this item which they had apprently ordered from outside was a birthday cake. Now, more than a couple of times in the past we've traveled on birthdays and hotels are usually happy to give a complementary cake. While we didn't really expect that, we expected them to tell us the cost of the cake when we called to order it. And it turned out to be really overpriced.
So while the rooms are good, some of the little details in the service quality are missing and they make you not want to go back and stay there in your next visit to Bangkok. It seems like one of those hotels that goes out of its way to cut costs and to an extent that it is explicit to the customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the city is Legacy Suites, a trendy serviced apartment, from where the comfort of home meets the convenience of city living. It is located on Sukhumvit Soi 29, a short walking distance from the main Sukhumvit Road and the nearby Phrom Phong and Asok BTS stations, and interchange at Sukhumvit MRT station. Its quiet locality is away and yet near all the attractions that Sukhumvit is well known for. This boutique property features 183 rooms comprising studios and one-bedroom suites of various sizes. All apartments are tastefully designed in modern contemporary styles. Amenities include 32" LCD TVs, wireless Internet and broadband connectivity, living and study areas, 4-fixture ensuite bathroom and fully equipped kitchenette. For dining, there is Chillz, an all-day dining restaurant serving International cuisine,and and HAMA-ICHI the Japanese Izakaya style restaurant where one can enjoy an affordable, tasty and filling lunch set of fresh sashimi, sushi and more. Recreational facilities include an outdoor swimming pool with sun deck, a fully-equipped fitness centre and a brand new multi-function roof top sports field, made of artificial grass, consisting of a football field, tennis court and a basketball panel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Legacy Suites Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Suites Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Legacy Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Legacy Hotel