“Left stranded”

The Key Bangkok Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #231 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, I had been in contact with the hotel and its named in-house agent since late-June early July. Just days before my November arrival, a BKK travel agent friend had even been assured by phone that my reservation was set. When I arrived at the hotel, there was
no record of my reservation, no apology nor acknowledgment of the e-mail hard copies of my communications with the hotel and its representative, nor any effort to find me an appropriate lodging. My Thai host did, and I found that hotel excellent in all the ways that The Key Bangkok failed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Sirima T, Manager at The Key Bangkok Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Gori Maya,
Vermont
Warm greeting from The Key Bangkok Hotel,
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At The Key,Bangkok we do try to strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We so sorry for our staff mistake on your booking upon arrival date.Your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to our team.
On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to reach us at manager@thekeybangkok.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is very well positioned with Robertson Dept store & Terminal 21 a few steps away as is Asok Rail station.

The hotel is only small with about 42 suites. My suite was very clean, great shower, comfortable
bed & pillow & plenty of toiletries were supplied. Kitchen sink, Microwave & large fridge also in room. Breakfast did not have a great variety but was ok.
I would stay here again if I came to Bangkok

Room Tip: Get a Platinum Deluxe room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Harley011.
Sydney Australia.
“Position”
Warm greeting from The Key Bangkok Hotel,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Key, Bangkok. We also thank you for taking your valuable time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to our team. We have noted your observations and recommendations for The Key and the staffs
On your next visit, please let me know if there is anything we can do, please feel free to reach us at manager@thekeybangkok.com.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Pluses -
Location was fabulous, Terminal 21, Healthland Asok and the Asok BTS is just around the corner. Value for money. Very decently sized rooms, plenty of space to move around even with two substantially sized luggages. Comfortable beds.

The Minuses -
Frontage and lobby of the hotel is small, you might miss it if it is your first time there. Design of the room is a little dated. Wifi signal in the room is weak. The room reeked of smoke even though we have requested for a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tanbernard,
Singapore
“Dated Rooms.Great Price Excellent”

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent and overall this hotel is a good value for money (the rooms are big and clean) if you want to stay in Asok area but comparing to the last time I visited it (2009), I must say that the service has extremely dropped in quality, some of the staff can't even speak a decent English and the internet connection is very bad in the rooms (at least it was in mine), it's just ok if you want to check your email and that's it, forget about Skype calls and so on.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Sirima T, Manager at The Key Bangkok Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Protaras,

The Key Bangkok Hotel Team are always happy to hear from guest about their stay with us; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and your comments about our hotel services, location and feedback will serve as an added inspiration to our team and our future guest coming to Bangkok

Best regards,
Ms.Sirima T.
Hotel Manager and Management Team.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Positives: Pricing $ 50-60 range, Deluxe rooms (cozy beds, spacious rooms, neat and well maintained room), close to BTS Asok (2 minutes walk). Terminal 21 shopping mall at 2 min distance. Adjacent to the Key Bangkok hotel islocated Hotel Westin which holds a super market and foodcourt in the basement. Indian food options are available in the foodcourt from 12 PM to 11 PM. Shopping at Pratunam is located at a distance of 3 mile and is easily accessible through taxi.
Negatives: breakfast lounge and lobby area are very compact. However this is a concern as the check-in & check-out process do not take more than 5 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ramna50690
Sirima T, Manager at The Key Bangkok Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Ramna.

Greetings from The Key Bangkok Hotel !

At the very outset, I would like to offer my sincere appreciation and gratitude for your support in making us your preferred choice in Bangkok.

May I take this opportunity to reassure you that The Key Bangkok Hotel team will continue to not just provide the highest standards of service and comfort you have been so accustomed to, bur exceeding your expectations will be our constant mission.

Thanking you in anticipation of your patronage.

You’re Sincerely,

Sirima T.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here from June 21 to June 30. Neat n comfortable rooms. Very friendly n smiling staff. Beautiful girls on front desk. Very near to terminal 21 and Asoka BTS. Value for money.
Umer Farooq
Pakistan

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Umer F.

Greetings from The Key Bangkok Hotel !

Thanking you in anticipation of your patronage.

You’re Sincerely,

Sirima T.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe room (The Platinum Key) at this hotel recently for 2 nights. My room package came with complimentary daily breakfast, airport transfer (round trip), priority early check-in at 10 am and priority late checkout at 3 pm but still subjected to room availability. Room was of comfortable size with a small dining table, a reasonable size fridge, microwave, electric kettle, cutleries, good basic toiletries (shampoo, shower, hand and body lotion), hairdryer, umbrella! Wifi password was also given during the check-in time - remember to ask for the breakfast daily coupon if the breakfast is included in the room rates.

Overall, the room is basically clean although the bed is a tad too hard for me. Air-conditioning was good when you get back to the room since it was extremely hot during this time of the year. There are windows in my room, but unfortunately - there was this concrete structure that obstruct the view and let in very little light! I'd asked for a higher floor and was told that the building have 6 levels only and the upper floors are dedicated to "smokers" so I was given a room at the 3rd level!

The breakfast spread is just OK although it could be improved a little more as the congee and fried rice seem to be served *cold* instead of hot. The only saving grace was that the guy at the counter was extremely friendly and helpful and had a great smile! :)

The Asoke BTS station and Sukhumvit MRT can be reached within 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel - this is how close you can get! And of course, the much-talked shopping mall > The Terminal 21 is conveniently located next to Asoke station. It was so convenient to get to the T21 Gourmet market located at the basement where you can have a wide variety of salads and home-made soup in a cup to go if you're on a diet! ;-)

I'd stayed here again considering the location to both the BTS and MRT stations, the good value offered and the close proximity to the shopping malls at Terminal 21 and Robinson.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo