“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service!”

Pullman Bangkok King Power
Ranked #67 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 30, 2009

The location wasn't as bad as what some reviewers claimed. You can either take a hotel provided tut tut to the BTS or walk there in less than 5 minutes. This is an excellent 2 year old hotel that I would definitely go back to and stay on my next visit.

This is not a beach resort hotel so don't expect a beach resort feel. It's a trendy modern urban style hotel which caters mostly to corporate stays, but is just as comfortable for the casual visitor. It's very clean throughout, with a very nice clean and comfortable rooms, (decent and adequate) gym, large infinity pool, beautiful bar lounge, and an excellent breakfast buffet.

I was originally given a room with a rattling airconditioner so requested a change. I was glad I did as I was then given a room on the 2nd floor where the rooms have a sliding doors out to a nice sized balcony "floating" on a water lilly filled water feature with a nice view overlooking the courtyard garden. Since there's not much of a city view on the higher floors, I much preferred these rooms located on the 2nd floor only.

The only problems I had was that one night the door started rattling and it sounded like someone (or something) was trying to get in, but I later realized that it was just a loose door. I simply took the complimentary slippers and jammed it into the door gaps, and problem solved! I knew those slippers would come in handy :) The other issue was that the internet modem and TV died late one night, but one call to the "butler" service and the IT guy was soon over. It took a while to figure out the problem, but they were so incredibly polite and efficient while fixing the problem.

From the second I stepped out of the taxi, checked in, and then checkout out, the hotel staff were all totally friendly, courteous and attentive to me, and ensured that I was well taken care of. Without a doubt, an excellent stay and an excellent experience for sure! Will definitely be back soon :)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravellingBanana628

Reviewed November 30, 2009

When we arrived from the airport, we proceeded to the taxi area where we got our taxi. The journey was about 30-45 mins and costs about 400bht- £8. We paid for a Superior but got upgraded to a Deluxe with 4 hours free internet because the hotel was not busy, which was fantastic. They showed us up to our room and it was so lovely, nice, big and really comfy and clean. The bathroom was separated by a slider which can be opened up to see the bedroom, which we found really cool. We got free fruit upon arrival and complementary water each day.
The nearest sky train is ‘Victory Monument’ and the hotel offers a free tuk tuk transfer every 10-15 mins, which saves you getting stuck in traffic in a taxi. Make sure you get a taxi and insist on the meter, as they really do try to con you. One journey, the taxi man tried to charge about 100bht when the meter only cost 49bht. Don’t be afraid to walk away, as we did on many occasions. There are so many other taxis that they will agree to it, as they need the business. Make sure you visit Lompini (on the tube) as there is a night market every weeknight and it offers great shopping for gifts and souvenirs and fake stuff. It’s open 9-12am, it’s clean and has a big arena with cheap food stalls down one side and bars down the other, with a stage and live performers at the end. It was a fun evening which we enjoyed drinking cheap Chang beer whilst watching the singers on stage.
On the last day of our trip we stayed at the Pullman again. I am so glad we booked this 5 star for the last day again as we really needed a nice, comfy hotel after the stressful week we had travelling all over the islands. When we went to check in, we were upgraded again as they didn’t have any non-smoking Superior rooms left. We again had free fruit when we arrived in our room, and this time we had 24 hours free internet, however, the Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby area, as we had an iphone.
The breakfast buffet is amazing.... so much to choose from. I definitely had my money’s worth. It was tasty and so much to choose from, from English to Continental to Chinese dim sum. We paid an extra £8/9 per person and it was well worth it. I would recommend this.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Catty-L
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We liked everything about the hotel except the location. The pool was heaven, the service was good throughout, breakfast was included and superb for choice.

Other reviews touted the use of the skytrain to get around. This took forever and costs about the same as a taxi (for two people). Once we started using taxi's, the location became less of a problem. This hotel is more in the business district, which means there isn't a lot to see or good restaurants or bars, but after a hard day of slogging in the city, being in a little oasis outside the core isn't a bad thing. We would venture out to eat via taxi after a refreshing swim each night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R-and-L-3000
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Right, it is mordern, giving a good first impression. But the room is rather standard with no surprise. Pool is good, but alreays congested. Took 20 minutes for checking out because staff was not concentrating on what they are doing and took no initiate to help even though lots of people are waiting for check in and check out. Gym is a bit small.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
pullmanbangkok, Joe, Director of Front Office at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Bangkok King Power. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focus and all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.
Please rest assured that training for all our reception staffs will be emphasized to prevent this type of incident from happening again in the future.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back, on your next visit in Bangkok.

Reviewed November 22, 2009

A great hotel! Service, cleanliness and amenities cannot be faulted. We are returning to Bangkok and the Pullman in December and cannot wait!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnkatiem6
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Excellent service for this Pullman hotel with a very cold decoration but nice.
Rooms are large and very pleasant and of course very clean.
The staff is very nice and very efficient especially at the Executive floor.
The pool is really great .
The location is not convenient.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank fdervieux
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I have stayed in a number of medium hotels in Bangkok, and by far this is the best one for me. Terrific location; handy to the BTS; excellent pool and amenities; fabulous restaurants; and staff that really know what they are doing. I stayed on the executive floor - great staff, lovely view, and very pleasant happy hour.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business