“It was good!”

Pullman Bangkok King Power
Ranked #66 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel was clean, good in location, and kind in their services.
The room was clean and the amenities were not bad.
Also their room service quality was good, and the price was resonable.
The reception was so nice and kind, and if you can use the lounge, you will satisfy with it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (3,203)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a convenient, newish hotel with large rooms that are modern and well-designed. Close to the BTS station where you can catch the direct train to Suvarnabhumi airport. It is also next to a massive (and busy) duty free shopping centre, which will be either a dream come true or your worst nightmare, depending on your agenda. Plenty of restaurants and street food in the characterful streets nearby, though I did have the room service here and it was excellent. Service was of the courteous level expected of the Thais, though some may find this obsequiousness a touch shallow. That said, the welcome seemed genuine enough and any staff I encountered were helpful. The pool area is pleasant without being spectacular. The only minor irritation is that the rooms are quite a trek from reception, so if the key fairy isn't being kind, it's a long way back to be revalidated, as I found out. But I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dr_iggy
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I initially booked this hotel based on the low price, and proximity to the airport link.

We were pleasantly surprised at how big and new the rooms were. We got there late, and they upgraded us to a suite due to overlooking. It was fantastic. Breakfast was good too.

There's a big outlet nearby populated by loud and annoying mainland Chinese tourists, but if you avoid them, the hotel is just fine.

Compared to the other name brand hotel we stayed at in Bangkok, and despite its cheesy name, this hotel is a real bargain. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and very safe as it is within a gated compound. The staff are very helpful from the time we arrived until we checked out. They are courteous and always ready to help especially when it comes to transportation. The hotel also provides a free tuktuk ride from nearby establishments like a small mall (Century?) and the train station.

The room size is just right and the beds are comfortable (with extra pillows readily available). What I loved most about the room is that it had the amenities I needed including a fridge, iron, hair dryer, a bath tub, and free wifi.

The hotel is located in a compound beside King Power Duty Free. Outside the compound and within walkable distance are several small restaurants, 7/11, and a small mall. It is 15 to 20 minutes (about THB50) away from Siam Paragon, considering the traffic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ange7ica
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear 'Ange7ica'
Sawasdee ka.
It was a pleasure to read your nice review following your stay at Pullman Bangkok King Power. Thank you very much for giving us your appreciation to our staff for their hospitality attitude, friendliness, courteous and always there to be your assistance and your kind word will be passed on to them. Our bed is very popular as we have received many positive comment on it, as well as the amenities set up plus complimentary wifi during your stay. I am glad that you find our location convenience surrounded by small restaurants and just only few minutes away from the skytrain which becomes the most convenience way to travel in Bangkok today.
Please do let us know the next time you plan to visit!
Angie
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 11pm and there were 4 front desk staff. At that time, ther was a flight crew waiting to be checked in.
Instead of dedicating one or two staff attending to the crew check-in,all 4 of them were busy attending to the crew and ignoring myself and another guest waiting to be checked -in. By the time I was attended to and got my room key, it was more than 30 minutes past!
In the room, the hotel has a pillow menu which you may order your preferred pillow (apart from those already on the bed.
I had requested for the body contour pillow... which I regretted. It appeared that the receptionist did not understand what I was requesting for. Thus, it resulted in me calling 3 times to enquire when the pillow will be sent to my room. When it finally arrived,it was not a body contouring pillow - Which I had sent back. Housekeeping then returned with another pillow which was not What I had requested. This saga ended after 40 minutes. The Management should consider adding a picture of the pillow to the menu so that guests (as well as staff) Know how the respective pillows look like.
It was a long night.

• Stayed: August 2013
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear 'tiburon17',
Sawasdee ka.
I would like to thank you for choosing Pullman Bangkok King Power during your Bangkok trip and your review is really appreciated.. We are working towards improving our operation and your views are a valued source of information. After receiving your comment, I have conducted an internal investigation regarding your arrival and also the pillow menu issue with all concerned staff.
Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apology and as well provide you the result of investigation.
I totally understand your frustrated especially after taken a flight plus the Bangkok’s traffic and still have to waited for the room.
I have instructed the reception team to ensure all of our guest will be taken care upon their arrival. I am really sorry for the inconvenience regarding your pillow request.
Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention therefore we could rectify the problem and maintain our service standard.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Angie