“Home again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Australia
“Home again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

What can I say about the Pullman Kingpower that hasn’t already been said? The hotel is a stand out winner for my wife & I (our third visit) for service, location and price. As soon as we arrived our suitcases were taken from our transport and we didn’t see them again until we had been in our rooms for perhaps three minutes. We were booked on the Executive floor and the lobby receptionist accompanied us to the 20th floor to check-in. Cold or hot towels were offered, along with a menu of drinks, which included Champagne, wine & beer. We all had white wine chilled to perfection.
My wife and I, and our friends, were upgraded to a suite on the 21st floor, which was a very nice surprise as we were there to celebrate for my wife’s birthday. The suite had a large sitting room, before you entered the bedroom. Two TVs, one in each room, which does away with any fights over the channels :-o)
As usual the place was immaculate, towels fluffy and large, showers hot & strong, stacks of storage space, which allowed us to totally unpack for the four nights.
Happy Hour in the Exec Lounge is always a treat; allowing one to try cocktails that one might not try even at home, due to cost. The extra cost for the Exec Lounge is well worth it, considering what you receive in return.
During this holiday the Pullman Kingpower was our 12th hotel in which we stayed. It has become one of the two hotels that we use as a standard to judge other international hotels. The choice of breakfast, on the ground floor, is outstanding, from every Asian dish to every European dish - your choice. We knew that we could have breakfast in the Exec Lounge, but we couldn't say no to the choice downstairs. On our last morning we did try the Exec Lounge – the choice of food was smaller, but the personal service couldn't be faulted.
I've read negative comments about the location - but the hotel is close to Monument Skytrain station, which is only two or three stops from the shopping centre of Bangkok. Try the Skytrain, it is easy to use, and costs less than $4 USD for an all day rover type ticket - or around 90 cents for a single trip.
On leaving the Pullman we were presented with an invitation to the Kingpower Airport lounge, which we accepted. After security and passport control we found the lounge, which was a haven of peace and quiet. This lounge is like many airport business class lounges with similar facilities from showers to hot & cold food and all kind of drinks.
What can I say but that we will be back to stay at the Pullman Kingpower.

Room Tip: If you afford it do try the Executive Lounge
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Geoff W
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear 'Ellenga',
Sawasdee ka.
Greetings from your home away from home in Bangkok! I am thrill reading your wonderful review following your third stay with us, Pullman Bangkok King Power. Without the doubt that we had reached our goal to be able to make your stay a memorable one, not only once but it has been already three times. We have enjoyed having you back as every of your returning is our great honor and it is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and service are appreciated by our regular guests. I believe your review have explained everything, what makes Pullman Bangkok King Power different from others, so very little for me to add.
On behalf of our team , we would be delighted to welcome you back home sometime in the future, please let me know if I can be of any assistance on advance.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

we havn't been to PBKPDF in over a year,so we ended our Thai holiday in July with a 2 night stay,to see old friends and meet new ones,that is how you are treated,like coming home to family
Nothing has changed I am pleased to say,IT IS STILL WONDERFUL
Rooms are CLEAN AND FRESH,welcome card and fruit,chocolates,lovely welcome,just as before
Concierge took care of our luggage,whilst we checked in at the executive lounge,coffee in hand,LOVELY
Upgrade to suite,we are Platinum Accor card members,and NEVER take this for granted,very kind of management,loved it
Bed to die for,nowhere has beds better,and a pillow menu,GREAT!!
Still the best in BKK,value,staff,food,EVERYTHING,won't wait another year before we visit again
If you want to feel special THIS IS THE PLACE!!

Room Tip: The executive room/suite is true value with all the extras Use Accor card for upgrade
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank erindoors1940
Dear 'erindoors1940',
Sawasdee ka.
Thank you very much for choosing Pullman Bangkok King Power again after a year. It is very nice for us to be the recognized as one of the best in Bangkok’s home and also a big pleasure learning that we had given a treat which make you feel like the ‘family’. For Le Club Accor member, the benefits we provide such as one step upgrading, special amenity set up, guarantee room availability and late check out are very simple comparing with the trust and loyalty from worldwide members. I would definitely pass on your compliment to our Concierge who taken care of your bags, Executive-lounge team and Housekeeping team who had delivered a wonderful job. Indeed, they were enjoyed looking after you too. I wish your returning next year, or could be even this year will be as wonderful as the previous one and we all look forward to welcome you back home.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is connected to a duty free (you even get some coupons!) and it has a very nice pool!
They also have a tuk tuk for Victoria Station, where you can find some local shops (T-shirt heaven!!), but actually BKK has local shopping everywhere!
The bedroom is normal to big size, they give you 2 choice of drinks and some fruits! They even have a pillow menu! The bed is actually the best one that I tried in all Thailand (I stayed in places in $110ish range)!
Their buffet restaurant is very overpriced, but they have nice "a la carte" menu!
They also host a lot of weddings there, so you may spot some Thai fine dressing wandering around!
Oh and maybe a solo traveller may get bored here, so get out of the hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights at the executive floor facing the swimming pool. The property is located inside a quiet neighborhood although you can pretty much walk to the near by BTS station within 5 mins (Victoria Monument Stn). The rooms are clean and the staffs are friendly. My hubby loved the huge fish pond which did gave the hotel a touch of tranquility. There were lots of tour groups but the hotel is spacious enough to accommodate both the leisure travelers and the noisier tour groups. I will stay here again next time in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
George Town, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel for around a month in the last twelve, over 4 stays. Have been coming here every year since around 2008. Always a pleasure, it is the whole package. Could not recommend highly enough.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear 'Cjbchgf',
Sawasdee ka.
On behalf of Pullman Bangkok King Power team, I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincerest appreciation for your kind continues support over the years! I am pleased to read that we have done the great hospitality services which exceeded your expectations since our goal is to ensure our high standard will be delivered to every single guest. Thank you once again for a fantastic review and your future visit will be as great as the previous one.
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have just returned from 6 weeks travelling all over Thailand. I had the pleasure of staying in Pullman twice, the first two nights of my arrival and another 3 nights in June. I also stayed at the Rembrandt hotel bangkok for 3 nights which I would rate second next to pullman and the Eastin hotel bangkok ( which I would rate third next to pullman and was extremely disappointing after staying in pullman even though the Eastin is actually rated better then pullman on tripadvisor which I have no idea why actually- I think its because pullman is a newer hotel)

Check-In:

We walked into the hotel, our luggage was taken out of the taxi by the staff and we were greeted by a welcome person upon arrival she took our passports and brought us to the lobby bar and signaled the waitress to bring us welcome drinks. We didn't have to stand in line at the counter, or wait for people at reception to give us the cards we were comfortably seated in the lobby sipping on our welcome drink this was so nice! then the lady kindly brought us out room keys and advised us luggage would be brought up to us. This is what I call 5 star service and staff, no waiting in line at reception or standing I mean beautifully organized.

The breakfast:

is phenomenal like actually just amazing, I was hoping that the breakfast at Eastin hotel bangkok would be in part with pullman and my goodness was it no where in comparison. Pullman has cheeses, and breads, jams croissons mufifns, like 5 different kinds of bread, and toast, salads, juices, fruits, eggs, bacon, potatoes, tomatoes, pad thai, pork and beef and noodle dishes, sushi like just wow! Also the staff seats you and then the waitress ask you for tea and coffee and brings the cappuccino straight to your table at the Eastin hotel bangkok not only did I have to get up myself to get coffee as the staff didn't even bother asking, and they definitely didn't have cappuccino's which was a nice treat at pullman

Room:

The bathroom is amazing, huge bathroom, very comfortable nice shower, lots of amenities, had even an ironing board. Good channels on tv, bed is large and comfortable. Your windows face the garden and you can see fish swimming in the pond which is nice. The only thing I would say is that we had some problems with the shower. The first night there was no pressure in the shower, but since we were there for only one more night we didn't bring it up with the staff we thought it was probably cause someone in room next to us was using the shower and everything was so perfect from the welcome staff to breakfast to the staff who helped us find our way around bangkok we just didn't find it in out hearts to say anything. The second stay the pressure was really good but sometimes the temperature of the water rapidly spiked so it would be warm and then really hot and then back to warm so maybe I would just advise management to check the shower stuff out, apart from that room was perfect.

Location:
Location is good. Its a 10-15 minute walk to sky train but they have a tuk tuk free of charge that regularly makes the journey for guests and brings them to century plaza and the train station is really close. otherwise if you get out of the hotel and on the way to the sky train there's a few restaurants for you to try. PS ( I had made reservations to seven spoons and la table de tee you should try both while you are here!)

I also appreciated that every time they went out the hotel made sure that the taxi's would put on the meter as opposed to us having to ask the driver other hotels don't always do this. They also made sure the drivers knew where they were going. One of the staff members even got out a tablet and showed the taxi driver where to go.

Room Service:
I think the food was just ok for the price so I would say the room service could be improved a bit, its ok but for the price its not fabulous, also the drink menu is quite expensive 160 baht for a fanta I think ( which compared to other hotels where we paid 30-50 baht is quite high)

I think its the service, and the amazing staff that makes this hotel a 5 star yes I would stay here again and do get the breakfast its worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear 'juliaLyakhovich',
Sawasdee ka.
I would like to express our sincere appreciation for taking the time giving such a magnificent review from your recent stay at Pullman Bangkok King Power. It means a lot to all of us that you have enjoyed and keep great memories of your stay.
I will pass on your praise personally to all our staffs and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the excellent work and that make Pullman Bangkok King Power a noticeable hotel.
It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our extensive international buffet breakfast as we receive overwhelmingly positive comments from our guests on the selection and quality of dishes we provide. Especially service with all of the small touches from Cuisine’s staff make it”no where in comparison”
In the other hand, I would like to offer my sincere apologies regarding water pressure and water temperature. I have instructed our Chief of Engineer to investigate and address the problem to ensure these problems do not happen again.
Thank you very much for your comment regarding the price of room service menu, we will consider it for the future.
May I end by saying that thank you for staying with us and we hope it will not be to long for us to welcome you back home again.