“UNBELIEVABLE”

Pullman Bangkok King Power
Ranked #65 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been this hotel for 3 timees already,every time was great and wonderful I love it.But this time I dont understand..WHY..I have to paid 1,715.00 BHT. for early check in( this is first time in my life I have to pay for check-in) The staff this time was not friendly,efter check-in I have to carry my luggage to my room with out help and assistand from the staff like before.Room was good and clean,housekeeping done them job very good.I dont think I will come back this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CopenhagenMeglio
pullmanbangkok, Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience.
Obviously the all check in process has not been up to our standard. Please accept my apologies for that.
As a consequence I will contact you directly to see how we can redeem ourselves.

Bertrand Dugast
Operations Director

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed there four times now. Booked the non-smoking floor and got it no problems. Room excellent as usual. Lots of things have been repeated in previous posts so I will highlight some aspects most important to me. The hotel is sited in a large area of land with two structures. One is the hotel. The other is the King Power Duty Free Shopping centre. This means all the noise from 2stroke motorcycles, tuktuks etc are a great distance from the hotel. This is really a very quiet and serene hotel in the heart of BKK. In the hotel room, it is absolutely silent.

The pool is great too. You can do proper laps in it. None of the fancy designed shaped pools, just straight up and down with a child's side pool and a Jacuzzi square. Both are off on the sides.

WiFi is now extended to the whole hotel. In my earlier stays you only had wifi in the lobby. It's free too.

The hotel is walking distance to the Airport Express Rail Station at Phaya Thai BTS along good condition pavements. 6 mins. I would do that rather than lug suitcase via TukTuk first to Victory Monument BTS, carry it up the stairs to the platform, then wrestle it out again after only one stop.

I also found on my trips that this is a place favoured by lady couples. That makes for a really quiet holiday. Everyone is considerate and respectful, staff and visitors.

What I didnt like about this Hotel? nothing really. On two of my visits i received two one-hour complimentary spa treatment vouchers on my check-in. To be honest i thought I would receive such a thing this time too - but alas, no.
------------------------
Also take 30 mins to walk through the King Power Duty Free arcade in the next building. Its within the same compound - v safe. You get a 10%discount card for the duty free shopping when u check into the hotel (for being a guest). If you go to the glass dome at the far end, there is normally a unique museum display - free. On this trip was displayed a series of bronze Buddah statues made in different eras and from diff South East Asain Countries.

If you plan to get expensive stuff like watches, handbags, check the price at home first to make sure it's cheaper.

Some brands operate their own shops in the mall and some do not participate in the King Power discounts. It IS duty free, but you dont get the additional 10% king power. The good thing is that they will fill in the required tax forms for you AND they have their own King Power Tax Refund Office in the Air-Side terminal of the Internaitonal Airport. That means you dont have to join the huge long lines at the Govt run Tax Refund Office just next to it.

The staff in the mall are very open and helpful about the calculations. All you have to do is make sure the item really is cheaper at King Power than back home.

Room Tip: For me 12fl is good. Non-Smoking floor. I was on the end of the corridor, room 1243. End of corridor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimobiwan
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After 4 days Phuket trip than I star another 4 days 12/09-16/09 in Bangkok and stay at my second home in Bangkok ( Pullman King Power Hotel ), That not the first time I stay at Pullman King Power Hotel, I like to stay at Pullman because of they make me feel like Pullman King Power is my second home in Bangkok. I had strongly recommand my freinds to stay at Pullman King Power and they feel the same way Like mine.
All is perfect . Kindness of people , quiet room . Clean .. All confort .. Good choices for dinner .. Happy hours .... Free wifi executuve floor .nice swiMming pool .. Good bed and pillows .... Good bath products .. All is done to make you enjoy your stay and feel like home.
The staffs from Pullman King Power Hotel always with their warm and lovely smile on their face, to make your day full of joy, specially Ms. Noinah Nah who work at the front desk and the sun shine boy Mr. Wut who work at the swimming Pool, they really pleasantly surprised me that they can remember the day while I stay at their Hotel, that make we feel like they tread you as a freind instead of their guest.
Also I would like to give my deeply appreciated to Ms. Rat-Na The Duty Manager , she not only taking good care of me while I stay each time at the hotel, she also take really good care and good consideration for my friends too, me and my friends have a really good time at our second home at Pullman King Power Bangkok, thank you so much Pullman teams you guys did a great job, we hope come to see your guys soon.

Room Tip: A place can make you feel like home
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AstroBoy M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed 2 nights with my family, it was really good. Room was not luxurious but mordern and simple. We stayed at 3 hotels this trip and my little girl liked this hotel most, especially swimmimg pool-though the others are much more expensive. We hope we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kyung121
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Again . All is perfect . Kindness of people , quiet room . Clean .. All confort .. Good choices for dinner .. Happy hours .... Free wifi executuve floor .nice swiMming pool .. Good bed and pillows .... Good bath products .. All is done to make you enjoy your stay

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I went there last summer. It was such a terrific experience. The hotel staff, the restaurant, the locations, the spa are just wonderful! No complain at all. Highly recommend! The duty free and the local street food store are just 2-3 mins walk away. plus the best spa I have ever had in my life! can't trust the local spa even its cheaper.

Trips**To get into the grand palace or Siam. Be sure to ask the hotel staff to help you grab the cab, the local cab driver usually rip off tourists' money.

Room Tip: Ask for Wifi password to access wifi
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple