“Excellent Staff but Far from everything”
Review of Siam Piman Hotel

Siam Piman Hotel
Ranked #427 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was at Piman for an extended period. A much modern hotel than most places around Minburi. and the staff is EXCELLENT!

The breakdown:

Pool: great time at the pool, grab yourself some beers from the corner store and hangout & relax. This is not a party pool and you may get some kids once in a while.

Hotel Room: Clean, big, fridge, sink, large bed, AC units freeze you but it can be a bit loud. Bathrooms are good with a tub and shower combo.

Staff: Love them, cannot say enough, this is the winning ticket for the Siam Piman

Location: You're far from BKK, no matter what. With traffic, forget it, It will take you about 1:30 hours to get into Nana. There's not much todo around Minburi either, but I had a great time with the street market behind the hotel. Lots of food, beer, dinners, etc... CHEAP!

Airport: Its at least 30 minutes away on a good day, but realistically think 45 - 60 minutes away depending on traffic.

The place is good if you need a newer place with better amenities, but there is much cheaper lodging at 1/3 of the price but it will not have a pool or be as new as the Siam. Most other lodging is not listed on the internet.

I loved the staff, but If I was going back for an extended amount of time I would go somewhere else because of the price. I don't need new or a pool, I just need clean and internet. Still, if I had been backpacking for weeks or months I would splurge and relax for a couple days before jumping on a plane or moving on at the Siam Piman.

Sorry for the lack of quality pictures.

Room Tip: 1 - 1.5 hours from Bangkok center depending on traffic, and 45 minutes from the airport. Wi-Fi can...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank worldwidetrail
There are newer reviews for Siam Piman Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was disappointed with this hotel and I wished I had researched this hotel rather than just get a travel agent to book an "airport" hotel for me.

First the pros:-
It is clean.
The staff (are they all one family?) are friendly and polite.
There is an airport pickup / drop off (though you have to hassle a bit for them to give you details for the airport pick up).The website says the free airport pickup service is due to stop next month which I think is a mistake.
The beds are comfortable.

The cons:-
Its in the middle of nowhere in a (none too nice) residential area. It is an hour away in a taxi to the tourist area and its 20km (30 mins from the airport AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE RUSH HOUR!).
In taxi-heavy Bangkok, you need reception to call a taxi if you want to go out!
There are no eating out options nearby (except maybe at that Tesco that is maybe a 10-15 min walk??)
The in-room air con is noisy and the neighbour who keeps a cockerel meant I had a very poor sleep.
Tiny swimming pool (more like you'd expect in someone's home).

Its not the hotel's fault (except they are hugely stretching the truth by calling themselves an "airport" hotel) but you can get better, more central or closer to the airport hotels, for similar money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank familyhols100
GM E, General Manager at Siam Piman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Familyhols 100

Greetings from Eastin Easy Siam Piman Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor as your comments allow us to rectify any problems encountered by our guests and maintain our high levels of service and comfort.

It was very pleasing to see that our staff provided friendly service and that you found our beds to be comfortable as our aim is to offer the best service and comfort for the best price in our sector of the market and the feedback we have received is extremely positive regarding this.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the aspects of your stay that disappointed you. We have no guest record of a complaint regarding noisy air conditioning therefore I am sorry that the problem could not be rectified during your stay. I regret that you were disturbed by the noise from our neighbor’s cockerel as you are the first guest to ever mention this. Similarly I was disappointed that you found our swimming pool to be tiny as, again, it has never been commented on before and the fact that we are only have 44 rooms must be taken into account regarding this. Many of our guests are delighted that a value for money property such as ours provides such a facility along with a pool-side gym as many of our competitors do not.

I was rather disappointed by you comment that we “hugely stretch the truth” about calling ourselves an airport hotel as we have never referred to ourselves as such and I am sorry that you felt misled when you booked the room through a third party.

For the record I would like to point out that we are approximately 20-40 minutes from the airport depending on Bangkok traffic which is a similar time to the majority of central Bangkok hotels and the giant shopping malls at Fashion Island and The Mall Bangkapi are 15 minutes away. Similarly we are only 2 kilometres from the Big C hypermarket.

The local market and floating market are an easy stroll from the hotel and we have the usual 7-11’ s and Family Mart convenience stores within very close proximity. I would like to add that Eastin Easy Siam Piman offers a full international a la carte menu for our guests.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure serving you as our guest and we hope to see you again at some time in the future.

Best regards

Narongrith Fuengraya (Mr.)

Eastin Easy Siam Piman Bangkok,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here so that we could house hunt in the local area, as we're moving to teach at an international school nearby. The School had put us up in a Kantary hotel for twice this price 3km away, for 2 nights while we house hunted. The house hunting took a little longer than we thought so we checked into this less expensive hotel nearer to the school & housing district. The room was great and just as high specc'd and well furnished as the Kantary hotel (apart from no hair-dryer). The manager was friendly, spoke good English and collected us from the other hotel for free. I'm recommending this to my parents and friends as a place to stay when they visit us as it's just a few roads from our new home. Great location for airport stop overs, or house hunting. Not much else entertaining in the immediate vicinity although a few streets away is an ex-pat area, to walk to and as always plenty of 7/11's nearby too, taxis are easy to flag down to take to local shopping malls, or cinemas for a nights entertainment, and even into the centre will take 30 mins to an hour depending on time of day, and cost from £4 to £8.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adam_and_amy_drew
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I found this hotel by chancer, looking for an airport hotel, which this is not. It's halfway between the airport and the city centre, with nothing around. But the rates are good, especially for day rooms, and they do offer transfers to and from the airport. Very helpful staff and nice large rooms. Really liked the window between the bathtub and the livingroom ;)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Moffedillen
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very friendlyVery staff. Room are okay and for THB 1200 fair. Better nor take breakfirst, it is below 1 Star. One has to tell, if one wishes to have the room made up. But they so everything if you ask for it. 2-3 stars are fair.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Gunter D
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Great for a stop over. The hotel is not in a nice area , but it is safe and vry clean.The hotel staff are very gratfull for your business..It now has a small swimming pool.
They serve home made food at very cheap prices. You can get a tax from here to the shopping mall they do supply a free airport pick up which was on time ..
Rooms are spacious and very clean, but once again I would only suggest that this is a stop over hotel.

Room Tip: book a deluxe room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buxtonworld
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Very different but nice experience.Yes,its not very near to airport-by taxi-250Baht-35mts drive.People are welcoming and helpful.Arranged taxis -which were good-metered no cheating.
Though the location looks as if there is no eating place but we found this charming place " crepas" which means royal -good food in thai.Served good hot food at great price!!My teenaged children loved it.(hotel serves breakfast but limited egg choices only)
I travelled without my husband and this place is so safe.
You can take a taxi and do all the sightseeing for about 300Baht one way(to Buddhas/ Palace )etc.
ALL GO TO THIS PLACE !

Room Tip: all are same
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family