“Not Bad but not great either!!”

The Bedrooms Boutique Hotel
Ranked #344 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Its an ok property if you are comfortable being in Downtown Bangkok.. Me and my husband were there only for 2 days.... the hotel reception staff was good. the rooms are really small.. but the bed was comfortable after a tiring day out in BKK..

its basically a very budget property but neat and clean! You get what you pay for!

The BTS is closeby..5-10 minutes walk to On Nut Station.

But I would prefer staying near Asoke/ Siam next time! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank akt
There are newer reviews for The Bedrooms Boutique Hotel

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Made reservation over internet in Thailand,no problems when arrived ,staff where more than helpful.Rooms were adequate size and clean,wifi helped keep boys in touch with friends.Only had breakfast once ,it was ok. Never found taxis expensive like other reviewer mentioned ,that's what the taximeter is for. Short distance from skytrain which will take you to all parts of city.Excellent food and drinking short walk away on your left when you get onto sukhumvit road, its behind some foodstalls on main road, live band was good too. For our journey to airport we asked hotel to provide, usually this can be a ripoff. Not this time, newish people carrier and driver was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank galdo57
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The famous quote of Mahatma Ghandi on the wall about customers/guests being the most important visitor on the premises, should be a given for any hospitality industry venue, but actually writing it in a hotel lobby on the wall as is the case here, actually raises ones expectations. So when the service isn't good, the displayed quote enlarges the contrast with reality.

In brief: Checking in after a long trip with heavy luggage wasn't important enough for the receptionist: She continued for over 10 minutes talking about what floating market to visit to two hotel guests, who got so embarrassed that they told the receptionist to help me first. The receptionist wasn't pleased and sneered at me "You booked already?", instead of good evening Sir,....etc. The other words that followed where "passport", "sign here" and "you pay 1,260 Baht". No further "good evening" or "enjoy your stay". Nothing.

Once in my room, I called the reception (no phone manual or any other relevant info available in the room!) with a question about the wifi connection. My call was ignored 2 times (15 rings), as the receptionist was still busy with the other two guests. My question clearly bothered her, taking her tone into account.

The next morning I greeted the morning-shift receptionists with "sawasdee khrap", 2 times, but got no answer back. Only "you use something from the mini-bar?". And that was it;

As I had two hours to kill, I decided to spend those in the boutique cafe. No waiter available. I asked a technician if I could make an order and he went to look for a waiter. I asked for some rolls or buns and a tea, but rolls or buns are only served at breakfast so I couldn't get those, even though they had them an hour before on the breakfast table....

The poor service during my two hours went on and on with the waiter/bell-boy/bar-tender having to run everywhere to be on time. Not really pleasant to run with wooden-heeled shoes on a wooden floor between guests.

I asked at the reception if the GM was available to report him my dissatisfaction with the services, but he wasn't available. Half an hour later, the marketing manager was so kind to come and have a talk with me. I told my experiences and she blamed it on staff-shortage. Not really my problem. But admittedly, she did listen and she acknowledged that such a service isn't acceptable. No gesture was made though, only that if I come next time, it wouldn't happen again.

I strongly doubt it whether I will ever go back there, so also she missed an opportunity to KEEP a guest and make him return.

A last one regarding the rooms: a "deluxe double room" does NOT have the international hotel-standards size. It is smaller than 12m²!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, don't use the lobby toilets unless you are comfortable without lights in the cabin and a glass-door that doesn't lock....

A pity.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alexinbkk
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Inappropriately named as this is decorated in IKEA furniture without a hint of style or imagination that one would normally associate with a 'boutique hotel.' As I had a corner deluxe room, it was huge ... but the space was used so poorly as to make the size irrelevant. Still, it was clean and well maintained, which is the bare minimum you should expect.

Breakfast was pretty poor, and you had to get there early before it all vanished in a frenzy.

I'm in two minds about the location. On the one hand, the local neighborhood was a quite interesting non-touristy affair, and the skytrain was a short walk away; on the other, it wasn't all that interesting as a visiting tourist and walking through the service yard of a supermarket is hardly ideal. Either way, I won't be returning, so I guess that kind of ends the review in a definitive manner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jegsy
Reviewed March 8, 2013

worst hotel i have every stayed at and since I travel for work all around asia this is saying a lot....I stayed there for 4 nights with my mother in law and my husband. We arrived at around 9pm and already made reservations online so we were hoping that everything would start out great. When we arrived we were not greeted by anyone there were 2 ladies behind the counter, not even smiled at. We handed our reservation and they checked us in, in the package I bought it stated that meals were included and I ask about it and they said only for the extra bed (it was not stated like that) but I didn't want to argue and I was tired so we went upstairs to unpack and the room was nothing as the pictures show. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom, the room was super small, the water from the shower drain wouldn't go down fast so it would start to flood also the water was really hot, there is no vent in the bathroom which didn't help. Every time we went downstairs day or evening we got no greetings no smiles. on the 2nd day my mother went down to get breakfast (for the extra bed) and they told her they made a mistake on the Internet and her breakfast wasn't included.. are you serious??? I have the reservation that clearly says it comes with breakfast for 3 then they said only 1 and now none?? I still didn't say anything ( even though it was their fault) the last straw is when we left we had to check out at 12pm but our flight wasn't till 8pm so we asked to leave our bags there and they let us. when we got home I noticed a shirt and a few of my makeup items were missing and I knew there weren't taken when we left the bags because we locked it really well and I realized I left them on the floor under the desk. No one every told me I left it even 6 hours after we came back to pick up our bags. I still didn't get an email or call telling me I left my items. They just kept them... I will never ever ever be back here again...worst customer service I have ever experienced! !!!

• Stayed: March 2013
10  Thank naomijazelle
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in a Superior room for two nights and it was the first time for me to stay in this area of Bangkok.

The location was great as it is just next to a Big C supermarket where you can buy almost everything. A two minute walk away you can find the most delicious Thai street food you can imagine. The Skytrain BTS is just a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. Around there you will also find the On Nut night market where you can find many small shops, food stalls and smaller restaurants.

The room was a bit small and looked bigger in the advertising. It was relatively clean except some small scratches on the wall. The bathroom was also smaller than I expected, though it was clean and got everything you need. There was also a small table and chair in the room which had enough space to do some work.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HWPhotography
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed two nights here and overall quite enjoyable. Only around 7 minute walk from the BTS On Nut station. There is a Big C next to the hotel which opens until 11pm everyday.The room was quite nice and tidy, not so big though but it is quite surprise that you can find a small balcony facing the city. The staffs were very helpful. wifi was stable. They have a restaurant and the food there was not bad. I like the Phad Thai there. There are lots of small food stands nearby, it is advised to go and check it out. cheap and tasted food they sell.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple