“This is for sure the best value for money”

Grand Watergate Hotel
Ranked #731 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Jerusalem
“This is for sure the best value for money”
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Before traveling to Thailand, I saw an advertisement about this new hotel but couldn't find any review. The temptation was big but I was afraid of ordering without reading reviews before. Therefore I ordered rooms at the "Samran Place" (good hotel). It happenned the the Samran was fully booked so we needed to change the hotel. This was the best thing that could happen. We went to see the Grand Watergate and we (2 couples) felt sorry that we didn't order there from the beginning. Let's start: The hotel is new, modern style. The crew is extremely nice, specially the front desk lady. The rooms very clean, spacious, excellent air cond, all new. The breakfast is simple but tasteful. I loved the fact that they serve cream with the coffee, delicious. Superb location, just 5 minutes walk from the Pantip Plaza (with your back to the hotel, turn to the left). By the way, most of attractions are at this direction. 3 massage parlours very close, Tip: choose the one that looks better from the outside, you'll see, this is the best of them (I've tried all). Also very close to Burger King, Pizza Company, Seven Eleven. If you turn to the right from the hotel, you'll get inside Pratunam, find laundry, more 7 eleven and markets. For me this hotel is a real little gem in the heart of Bangkok, I just hope they will keep their soft opening prizes. TIP: Ask before about double beds because if I'm correct, they don't have already double beds in the deluxe rooms, so ask about it. We stayed in standard rooms but believe me you don't need more than that. This will be for sure my choice again in my next time in Bangkok. I hope my review will help you, if I had a review before my trip, I would choose this hotel from the beginning.

• Liked — All
  • Disliked — Don't have nothing to complain about
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank 2become1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Stayed at this hotel during October 2007 with a couple of friends, we each took a deluxe room. The place is simple, clean and very very modern from the lobby all the way to the rooms. Don't get too deterred in the Soi that its in, which could happen if its your first time in Bangkok. ;p

The staff are very very friendly and extremely helpful and speak English just fine. Upon arriving, they settled our reservations that we all made online at their website swiftly and we were then taken to our rooms. As mentioned, very very clean and was happy with the rooms the moment we entered. Not small at all. For BHT800 a night this was more than what we expected and a bargain too!

TV, fridge, not much of a view though because its only a few stories high, but that's not important at all as Bangkok isn't a city where you would want to spend all day in your room anyways. Breakfast is included, which was simple, you had a choice of chicken or pork sausage with eggs, baked beans and toast. Coffee, tea and orange juice. Taste wasn't bad at all. Again, friendly staff to greet and serve you.

Location wise, fairly close to everything, there's a 7 Eleven and Burger King just around the corner of the hotel which makes it convenient. Taxis are very easy to get there too which was the main mode that we used to travel everywhere. ;) Also, there are some good massage/spa places just out of the hotel, clean, decent and completely professional. No seediness here! ;p

All in all, enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend others to stay here if you're looking a nice place to stay for your trip to Bangkok.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Trade_Mark_Traveller
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed December 16, 2007

We stayed here in October for a couple of nights and for the price we paid direct on their site it was good value. Our room did not have a window but was large, clean, double bed and a single, TV, fridge. It was nothing fancy but neither was the price. It is around the corner from a huge Mall with great restaurants, across the road from local Malls with great prices, and there is a Swensons down the road. I would stay again its a good budget hotel.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — No window
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Justin, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2007

Decent sized rooms with ample closet & cabinet space. We requested a double but were given two twin beds instead but we did not complain. We both slept comfortably in the same bed which I must say were extremely comfy including the pillows. The bedding is plain white with just a fitted sheet & comforter. The airconditioning worked great & we actually had to turn it off a couple of times because it became too cold. The bathrooms were nothing special. The showers hotwater box would shut off the TV anytime we turned it on. The little heater box obviousley didn't work well since we were only able to take 1 hot shower during our stay, but still we did not complain. Also there is no access to the tiny balcony, but I believe this is because of Thai law.

We were able to book a superior room at the introductory price of 550 baht. I would not pay more than 900 baht for the standard room.

The restaurant downstair has a limited menu but the American Breakfast & Omelotte were both very good.

Overall this was a nice & decent hotel.

• Liked — The beds were very comfortable.
  • Disliked — Lack of hot water during the shower.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple