For my first trip to Bangkok I wanted to ensure that my accommodations would be nice, and I am glad that I chose Grand Millennium Sukhumvit! For a western traveler, this hotel does it all. From reading some reviews that included 'issues' I was second guessing my reservation, but my 4 nights there were just great.
Check-in was quick and easy. We arrived near midnight after a 21 hour flight from Vancouver. The only delay with our check in was due to 3 other customers that arrived before us. Total check in time was 15 minutes, including the wait.
Staff was more than friendly, every one. Our trip was for my birthday getaway. I didn't book any special package, or even notify the staff that it was my birthday. Yet, that afternoon room service delivered a complimentary fruit plate and birthday cake to my room. That was a very nice touch, I must say.
The room itself was large, even a little larger than North American hotel rooms perhaps. And very comfortable indeed. We booked an executive room, which gave us a top floor room. I think the rooms are the same size on lower floors, but the executive room does offer complimentary breakfast in the executive lounge.
The executive lounge was superb. Staff were among the friendliest I've encountered, they made sure your meal was perfect. The variety of food was superb, a wide variety of items, at least a dozen types of breads and pastries, fruits, salads, etc. As much as you care to eat.
The available restaurants at the hotel are also great. The food is superb, although a little pricey if you are on a budget. Meal price compares to North American hotel restaurants.
Included in our reservation was a complimentary 30 minute Thai massage, which was enjoyed very much. They give you the option of other massage packages for extra fee if you wish.
The location can be good or bad, depending what you want to do in Bangkok. For us, it being our first time, the location was perfect. Within a 3 minute walk to both the subway and skytrain station (intersection of Sukhumvit and Asoke), you can get around a lot of the city that way. Cabs are fairly cheap (by North American standards), and air conditioned, so that's also an option if you don't like public transport. However the skytrain and subway are easy to use, and also cheap. If you don't like to walk much in the heat, the hotel will arrange a complimentary Tuk Tuk for you (with the executive room) to transport you to the skytrain or subway station, but we didn't take advantage of that, the walk wasn't very long. Just a hint, if using the skytrain, the station is across the street, navigating the cross walk was a challenge (if you're not aware of the traffic there! we followed locals to get across). But you can walk underground via the subway station, which gets you out of the hot sun and avoids having to cross the busy street.
There are BMW's available to drive you to and from the airport at a cost. We only used this to head back to the airport (we booked one from AOT after landing to get to the hotel). This is also a nice touch to end your stay. The driver was so nice and professional, and the concierge was great when making the arrangements.
Here is my only 'complaint' about our stay - the hotel has a huge atrium which extends the entire height of the hotel and is open to the hallways on each floor. The atrium and hotel hallways are not air conditioned, so the higher floor passageways get really hot. This is only inconvenient when getting to and from the elevator.
I strongly recommend this hotel, and my next trip to Bangkok I will be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are travelling on business or for pleasure, Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit is distinctly a nomad's playground. Located in the heart of Sukhumvit and Bangkok's vibrant city centre, the stylish Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit provides upscale services adapted for the sophisticated traveller. Access to Bangkok's transport hubs and the city's must see sights are all on your doorstep. 325 spacious and beautifully designed rooms to the region's most dynamic upscale hotel brand. The hotel features a highly visible sail-shaped glass façade, a range of room styles from deluxe rooms to executive suites and a presidential suite as well as 2 restaurants, a deli lounge, a cocktail bar, outdoor pool, well-equipped gym and extensive spa. There are great facilities for functions or celebrations, with ten meeting rooms including a pillarless grand ballroom for up to 500 guests. Pullman is the upscale international hotel brand of AccorHotels, the world's leading hotel operator, present in 92 countries with over 3,700 hotels. The Pullman brand has really found its place in the hotel sector, striking the perfect balance between performance and enjoyment, business and leisure, with a focus on keeping guests connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok