“Absolutely Amazing - beyond words”
Review of Maduzi Hotel

Maduzi Hotel
Ranked #124 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my first 3 nights to cushion the blow of jet lag, etc.
Absolutely amazon hotel, best 5 star I have stayed in. Jacuzzi is like an infinity pool and fill from the ceiling; never seen a bigger nor more comfortBle bed in my life; service was just impeccable. Once got a call by accident at 9am- didn't even wake me up but then was offered complimentary breakfast- it hadn't bothered me at all but the gesture without my asking or being upset in any way shows the dedication to excellence. Extremely highly recommended. Only minor gripe is wifi access twice having blackouts, and was told was the area not the hotel, although access at Ten Sui (fantastic sushi restaurant down the road) was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013
Maduzi, Owner at Maduzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Khun Devon,

We really appreciate the comment you have reviewed here. Please note that we have found the problem regarding the internet and the service provider had fixed it so that we get more juice out of the cable being at the end of the line. Now it has become more stable even though from time to time we see the some slowdown but total shutdown has not occur since they fixed the problem. Keep our fingers cross that the internet will continue to be good when you come to visit us in the future.

Team Maduzi

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I think i have tried most of the big 5 stars hotels in Bangkok. Then being a SLHW Club Member I came across this Hotel with Funny name: Ma DU Zi, then I decided to try it as I had enough of those nice 5 star Hotels but with lousy service. I stayed there from 23 May 2013 for 8 nights.
I was so surprised and impressed by the room and by the service. They focus on details.The service team is discrete but SO efficient. Just as I wanted...I could see the that service was coming from their heart so thanks to Bee, Tui, Num and the other team Members.
The owners are very nice as well and down to hearth. That is probably the reason of the efficiency of the team.

They have huge room from 49 to 70 sqm and the bathroom with jacuzzi is a suite by itself....
Definitely , if you like 5 star Hotel with real service, not the fake one you receive in most hotels then this MA DU Zi is for you. The location is ideal is close to Terminal 21 Shopping Mall. For your info, to get to the shopping mall , use the escalator of the Exchange Tower Building (30m from Ma Du Zi) you will avoid the difficult stairs. My only recommendation to the owners is to provide the hotel with European TV Channels ( French, Italian, Russian etc...)
I'm planning to come back there in October

Room Tip: Take 53 sqm Studio
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir,

We really appreciate your comments. Your review has boosted our staff moral greatly going into Bangkok semi low season. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Maduzi Hotel in the near future. I have changed the TV program per your suggestion.

Regards,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the Maduzi for five days in May, and having stayed at a number of hotels throughout Bangkok over the years was eager to see if this hotel was truly boutique, unusual, high-quality and private. In answer, "Yes".

The hotel rooms have a Japanese cast in design, amenities and comforts, and the excellent breakfast menu offers two Japanese styles among the five breakfast sets; for once try the grilled eel over rice with bonito broth and you will not be disappointed. Still, this is not Japanese but a relaxed, boutique hotel, and not for those on a tight tourist schedule but ideal for businessmen or seasoned travelers wanting a break from the monotony of buffet lines, background noises, crowded elevators, the bustle of tour groups and exhibition crowds. The staff is genuinely friendly and attentive; knowing I liked the fresh chocolate chip cookies the staff gave me a small bag upon check-out, and was always ready to have chilled, white wine on hand for me.

I also think the Maduzi fine for husband and wife as it is quiet, the service unobtrusive and relaxed, and the restaurant has good quality dining. Independent travelers like myself do appreciate the open library; a good book is best enjoyed in quiet.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and have no advice nor complaint about the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Khun Scott,

We really appreciate your stay with us. We had an entertaining and valuable time learning from your experience as a traveller. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Maduzi.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've stayed at Maduzi twice so far, both times this year, and was amazed both times. My first trip I only stayed a few days, I had a suite, and the room was to such a standard that I took pictures to show friends and family. The infinity pool style spa baths are amazing, I assume they are in all the rooms, I stayed in the biggest and the smallest.

Service is as you expect of a boutique hotel, security on the gate to greet you, someone opening the door as you enter the foyer, etc. When they arranged a taxi to take me somewhere, the manager asked me afterwards whether I was happy with the driver; they cared enough to check so they knew whether to use him again for other guests, which I took as a good sign.

I recently returned to Bangkok, and I knew I would be incapacitated from surgery for a few days. I had confidence in the hotel to look after me when I was recovering. I couldn't have tested them out more, I had room service at 2am and ordered breakfast a quarter hour before I had to visit the doctor. They got it right all the time. The afternoon manager Nui is a credit to the hotel, he took me shopping in his personal car on his day off, and the ladies who are the first faces I saw each morning at breakfast always seemed genuinely interested in how I was enjoying my stay.

Until I got used to the train system, I caught taxis everywhere, but both the MRT and BTS stations are literally two minutes walk away, and take you anywhere.

If I were being picky, I wouldn't mind if they had a bench press in the fitness room, but it's better than most.

This is my first review, I've traveled a lot, and this is the first time somewhere has impressed me enough to sign up and give them kudos for it.

Room Tip: The suites and second biggest rooms have beds that are wider than I've ever seen, maybe two and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Khun Jeremy,

We would like to send our gratitude toward your excellent review you have given to us. Our staff really enjoy serving and talking to you while you are staying with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Maduzi later in the year.

Wikki & Team

PS : Nui achieve the qualification as the official guide when you next return, I hope you will appreciate more of his knowledge in the next tour.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel is great to stay as the rooms are really nice. Considering it you expect the same of the service. Unfortunately, this part doesn't match the level of the hotel. Basically it is not so much but at the end it is getting really annoying: each morning you know that it will take a while to get your breakfast...same as when you order room service. It is a pity because the food is really good.

If you don't care too much about service, it is a good value for your money, as much cheaper than Hansar hotel for exemple.

Pros:
- location,
- we got a Corner room and it is really huge and nicely designed,
- quality of food and breakfast,
- amenities are good

Cons:
- weak shower,
- service is really poor: breakfast arrived in disorder and waiter seems to forget to serve "lady first" during the all week we spent there,
Same for room service which is very slow,
But have to say they tried their best to be helpful as they arrange to postpone our flight ticket,
- neither swimming pool nor fitnsess but you know it when you book it

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

On our way through BKK to Yangon and made a last minute decision to stay here. We didn't arrive until 12:30 a.m. but everyone on staff was extremely accommodating, friendly and ready with their welcoming drink. Wish we had known about this on previous trips.

Absolutely fabulous. We had two rooms and our daughter who resides in this part of the world was ready to move into her room for the duration.

The rooms are nothing short of great...and the beds are two football fields wide. They have a graphical instruction manual in the room that provides picture instructions regarding the operation of everything in the room...something many hotels around the world should review. And the bath area was something not seen in most hotels...grand and spacious.

When we left, I asked Plaeyfar Boonsripra, who provided us our departure statement, a question regarding the music played within the hotel. She took my name and email address and within a week she sent a listing of the songs played, by time of day, in the hotel. Great customer service and follow through.

You will enjoy this facility and the staff will make you feel like part of the family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Maduzi, Director of Sales at Maduzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for the excellent review you have written here. Our team will always cherish your comments and continue to make the service better for your next visit. We hope you will find the music we have listed for you in your country. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Plaeyfar

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Although this hotel is on a major road in Sukhumvit there is little to no noise pollution. The rooms are outstanding, feels more like a suite then a double room. Breakfast was beautiful and the staff were all really kind and chatty. Location wise you're a minute or two walk away form everything Sukhumvit had to offer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Tripper,

We appreciate your comments regarding our location. We always try to keep the hotel as tranquil as we can to make the guest feel at home and at peace within the busy city of Bangkok. We are hoping that you will revisit us in the near future.

Best Regards,