Maduzi Hotel
$65
$518
$442
  • Pool
All reviewsespresso machinebose sound systemexchange towerjacuzzi tubma du zifree mini barsmall luxury hotelhuge bedwalk in wardrobewelcome drinkfree coffee tealate checkcorner suiteasok bts stationlovely boutiqueamazing roomking size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Second time staying and thought it may not be as good as I remember but I was wrong. This is a text book boutique hotel. It is stylish cool and private - the perfect urban oasis in the middle of Bangkok. The staff are some of the most engaging of any hotel and really do meet the customers needs. I had one memember of staff insist on coming with me to a potentially flooded area of Bangkok in case I got into trouble!!

The rooms are great, large and very confortable. Note the bose cinema system for fun and the inroom printers for business. The ceiling filling jacuzzi tubs are huge and a joy to sit it.

Last but not least, the hotel restuarant. Rated as one of the best in Thailand. It is tiny but very cosy. Serves french-asian fusion food but is more french with a twist. 3 types of fois gras!!. Very michelin in style and great for a treat.

Two criticism - my favourite wine had ran out in the restaurant and the McKormic Salt and Pepper grinders on the table - totally out of character for the dining area with its Schott glassware and funky cutlery

Room Tip: All good rooms!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This hotel has very nice rooms and a great quality and location (soi 16); you cannot get in without a booking, so do that online before arriving!
Rooms are stylish and with a very good overall quality, bathroom is huge with a beautiful (!) tub.
The staff is very (very!) polite, always smiling and willing to help you in any way... but still not at the level of a 5* hotel; some inexperienced guy with some language barrier still to get over (that is understandable in bkk), and an iperactive director that not always makes you feel comfortable... at dinner a glass of wine was included, and he told us "white wine is not good, but if you really want it I'll bring it to you" (not something you expect to hear at a 5* restaurant); local calls are included, but after we check out he came to us with a 10b bill (that's 40 cents)... The owner was there and I suppose was not comfy either about this request...
The owner is a very (!) nice person that makes you understand that they are trying to create a familiar atmosphere, I believe is a plus of this hotel!
In general is a very nice Boitique hotel and worth a visit!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank ildraghetto
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is a lovely small boutique hotel located in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. There are only 40 rooms and service is attentive, courteous, and the staff generally have a good command of the English language. I stayed at a Studio 53 room which I booked under their hot deal which was very reasonable considering the quality of the room.

There is free wifi that works well and you can connect it to your phone, laptop, iPad etc. There's even a printer/fax/copier/scanner in the room for your convenience. It took a bit of time to download the printer's drivers and software, but it all worked well. The hotel is a little unobtrusive and not quickly apparent if it's your first time there. Just keep on the main road called Ratchadaphisek and slow down after passing the Exchange Tower. It is a 5 minute (or less) walk to the Asoke BTS station which is really convenient on account of Bangkok's traffic snarls...that is, as long as it doesn't rain cuz there isn't any shelter walking from the hotel to the BTS entrance by the Exchange Tower.

The room itself is tastefully decorated with just the right mix of modern glass and stainless steel, softened by warm woods, glowing ambient lighting, giving it an overall contemporary feel without sacrificing Thai character. The mini-bar has free non-alcoholic drinks and even has a FrancisFrancis espresso machine with a steamer and knock out box and everything! Strangely enough, there isn't a kettle for you to make tea, which is pretty much standard in most 5-star hotels these days.

The bed is roomy and comfortable, the TV has few but some pretty decent channel selections and there a Artemide lamps strategically scattered throughout the room. There is also a pretty sweet looking B&O set in the lounge; two Beolab 8000 speakers, a Beosound 6000 CD player, and what looks to me like a BeoVision 10.

The bath room has this rather cool overflow jacuzzi. Basically it is a jacuzzi that you have to fill up to the brim until it overflows before you start the bubbles. There is a slim trough all around the jacuzzi for the water to spill over so you can take advantage of the most substantial amount of water possible in the tub. What's real cool is that the water source comes from the ceiling! It makes a bit of a racket slamming down on the the bottom of the tub at first, but I thought it rather creative.

The shower was not so good though, mostly because the water jets were too fine and it didn't make for a very good shower. It would have been better if they had a handheld shower head option for those who prefer it. I ended up having to shower in the tub after I discovered the ceiling water source cuz it would have taken me forever to wash my hair with the puny little sprays from the shower. The toiletries were of very high quality and smelt like spa-quality stuff.

Although the hotel is right on the main road it was not noisy at all, I figure they must have double-glazed glass installed in the full-length floor to ceiling glass. My room had a view of the Ratchadaphisek traffic, I am not sure what the view is like for the rooms on the other side.

I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are into smaller niche hotels and not a fan of the big chain ones.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank LiterateItinerant
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I love this place so much, in particular its big "infinity" jacuzzi bathtub. It has the biggest and nicest bathtub among all the hotels i have stayed in. The make-up area is really big with huge and nice mirror, nicely designed and functional table lamp. The bathroom amenities are very attractive, with bath salt and the Thai brand "panpuri" shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and body butter (this is a famous brand in Thailand that is available in major shopping centres and the airport duty free shops). I feel the bathroom is like a private spa.

Apart from the bathroom, as mentioned my most other reviews, this hotel is cool with interesting design elements, very well kept, clean, huge bed, the breakfast menu is very creative, very nice and personalised service. U would enjoy all the privacy and yet being located at a very convenient location in Bangkok.

All in all, I just love this place.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Happy_namakemono
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We spent a couple of nights at Maduzi Hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone travelling to Bangkok. En route from the airport I have to admit I was somewhat concerned we would be stuck in the middle of the only just organised chaos of Bangkok. Boy was I wrong to be worried! Staying at Maduzi is like entering a private oasis of calm with a city that literally never sleeps outside your door.

Only seven stories high, Maduzi is big enough to feel like you are in a hotel and not a guesthouse but small enough so you feel like it's more intimate than a big chain hotel. The staff are outstanding, speak excellent English and are interesting and incredibly polite. The restaurant is apparently amazing for lunch and dinner however we only ate breakfast there. The menu was so interesting - healthy options which you would swear were not healthy they tasted so good! Innovative menu ideas and dishes combined with international ingredients and flavours served to remind us we were in one of the 'food' capitals of the world. The bar is cute and there is a very groovy room to read / have a drink etc in that I wish we had been able to spend more time in.

Our room was awesome. We had a Studio 53 room and I was torn between wanting to explore Bangkok and wanting to stay in our room! The wardrobe was big enough o hang our clothes AND store our suitcases out of the way (rare in a hotel room) and the lighting was excellent, so much so that I could comfortably apply my mascara and not have to be right up close to see what I was doing! Speaking of which, the huge bathroom bench with the gorgeous stool for ladies to sit on whilst doing their make up and hair was a well thought out treat and something which every hotel SHOULD do, but they don't.

WiFi, a lovely comfortable bed, walking distance to great Thai massages, literally less than 400m from the subway and the staff all help make this a very attractive hotel. If that doesn't, then have a hot chocolate from the bar - made with real Valrhona chocolate it will be sure to have you craving it all day.

Thank you Maduzi, we loved our stay with you - and love those NZ books in the restaurant!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple