Queen Lotus Guest House
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
$162
$145
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and as others have said it is in a handy location and good value for money.
Our taxi driver from the airport had a bit of trouble finding the location as the address on TripAdvisor is not correct. We had the phone number and the taxi driver rang the guest house to get the right location. May be worth having the phone number on hand too. Once you have been there once it is fine to find, just for first time visitors like us it can be hard to find.
Rooms are decent size and clean, however we had a couple of cockroaches in our room on level 5 but we weren't too bothered by it.
The free wifi is good and free breakfast is also good. The breakfast is a set menu of about 4 options, not buffet but fills the gap until lunchtime.
Quite central and using the BTS/Skytrain is a good way to get around.
Staff were always friendly and helpful especially about ways to get around/places to go.
Would recommend to others, but worth setting your expectations that this is a simple guest house.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I used to stay at Queen Lotus very often but since moving to Bangkok I have not had the need for a hotel. However, I always recommend this place to friends coming in that want somewhere clean and not to expensive. The staff is top notch and will help you with directions and any questions you may have. The rooms are big and the a/c is great. The only problem I had was the top floor room one time had a bad odor but I was quickly moved to another room that was odor free. The restaurant downstairs is good and very reasonably priced. I actually go to the restaurant just to eat, try the Tum Yum Soup some of the best I have ever had in Bangkok. I would recommend this hotel to someone who is looking for a great location, clean room and on a moderate budget.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank inthefareast
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and we really enjoyed it. Room was big, a/c worked perfectly, bathroom a good size. We loved the staff who were very nice and helpful, esp. receptionist who answered all our questions re moving around in BKK. They all made us feel welcomed. Breakfast was very tasty and good choice. Also the Gusthouse is very close to the BTS/MRT trains, so great location. We would definitely recommed staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Was directed to this Queen Lotus Guest House (QLGH) by Darjelling Boutique Hotel (which had very unprofessionally screwed up my booking with them - see my review on Darjelling http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1082738-Reviews-Darjelling_Boutique-Bangkok.html

So, with no choice, I agreed to be transferred to another "hotel". A staff from QLGH came to Darjelling to "pick me up" with an umbrella. We walked to QLGH, about 2 minutes walk. Upon arrival, they requested for payment and I requested to see the room. The first room that I was shown had an overpowering smoking scent that I nearly fainted (being a non-smoker) even standing at the door. At that moment I thought, I'm in a dilemma now, I may need to go around Bangkok looking for a room that's within my budget, (in the rain and with my baggage!). Then, luckily after some discussions, they showed me two non-smoking rooms which I picked one of the rooms. The room is spacious and clean, in a good condition, The bathroom looked new and spotlessly clean. Shower area has a curtain thus keeping the w/c area dry. I felt comfortable and had a really good night sleep here hence decided the next morning to extend my room from one (1) night to six (6) nights.

Wifi is available in the room. TV has about 4-5 English channels which suffice since I was out mostly during the day.

Breakfast included - you'll have a choice of western or local with coffee/tea, fruits, orange juice. Simple but suffice since I'm not fussy. It's really nice being served breakfast eventhough there are food stalls are nearby.

Location - excellent, 5-7mins walk to BTS Asoke or MRT Sukhumvit.

Honestly, I am impressed with the quality of this "guest house" after being abandoned by a "boutique hotel". It is indeed a better place to be.

Room Tip: Insist on a non-smoking room if you're a non-smoker like me.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarinAsh
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had a large room. Very clean with good AC and hot water. Staff very friendly. It's a super location down a quite side street just after Soi 18 and only 5-7 minute walk to Metro and skytrain. The area is a great improvement over the Kao Shan street "backpacker/white tourist" ghetto. Breakfast very reasonable. Price was competitive with neighboring hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple