“If you want to train with Saenchai, then you're at the right address”

13 Coins Airport Grand Resort
Ranked #786 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 3, 2013

If your purpose is to train Muay Thai then the 13 coins is a very recommendable camp. You will train with Saenchai (แสนชัย ส.คิงสตาร์) and other renowned fighters. The trainers are very good and monitor you well. They will try to make you better. The food os good though it is expensive for Thai standards so I would recommend going outside of the resort. The pool is a little small, but the rooms are ok. They are simple but clean and the staff is very friendly. Unfortunately the resort is a little far away from Bangkok centre, but you can take a cab to the skytrain station and then take the train to the city centre. There are gas stations and supermarkets near by to buy water and other products.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went for this hotel cause it was cheap and close to the hospital. It mentioned wi-fi in the room. That isn't working. that was a bit of a disappointed. We needed to sit in the diningarea to have wifi connection.
In the evening was karaoke. But I have never heard someone singing so bad, so terrible bad and that were the entertainers!
There were stains in the bedlinnen. At least the shower was nice and warm and the airco was working. It was a long walk with your suitcases to the room on an uneven surface.
Not really recommended as the dirty sheets was a nono for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Golden_Caves
Reviewed January 22, 2013

There is nothing to look for here, unless you are an artist, or want a cheap one night stand with a cheap girl. Even the food has no standard. Only the menu looks good. The room was clean-ish but the wallpaper, or what was left of it, was not. The warm water never heat up, but at least you could take a shower. This is the worst place I ever stayed in but strongly recommended for artistic photography, to make a documentation. I did. It reminded me of a murder hotel, or of a half beaten place in one of those post apocalyptic computer games. Really! But what can I say, I paid 500 bath and the aircon worked. The thermostat didn't however... Can't have everything!

Room Tip: I doubt there is any thing like a good room here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Therapeter
Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you are looking for 5 star spa, 24hr butler service and and views over bangkok then look else where. In saying that if your into Muay Thai or are interested in having a go at it while u have somewhere to rest your head this is the spot.
I find it far enough away from the city that its queit yet close enough to that its only a short cab ride.
The food is great the staff are fantastic and they always accomodate however they can.

We booked in as a group for a week and everyone had a ball from the training to the hotel there was no complaints.

Mr Coke (The Owner) even arranged things for us to do it we were free he took us to a fight night at Lumpini stadium, A day out to the markets, a temple tour as well as a few other things around Bangkok and did I mention he done it all for free.

Thats what I call being hospitable.

We will go back for sure and some of the group have been back several times since.

Room Tip: Rooms all seemed pretty much the same
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbuExpat
Reviewed December 18, 2011

13 coins is an awesome place to stay if you are at all interested in muaythai, thailands national martial art. The place is very old school but also very awesome! A short taxi ride to all main attractions, the boss "mr coke" is a great guy an will look after you. The trainers in the muaythai gym are great! Mr Long is a character! This is my 4th time here. I stayed for a whole month last year. And my girlfriend loves it too. Highly recommended if you want to stay somewhere a lil different with alot of character!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This place is located in some remote area that most taxis won't even go to (only the fourth cab I hailed agreed to take me to this place). It's so secluded that there aren't any other things around.

And because it's so secluded, I definitely had to eat from their restaurant / call for room service and it's not cheap. They collect payment for the food upon delivery for room service and the price is not what is stated in the menu. They charged me extra for every meal I had there and refused to give me the receipt.

The room is big and clean. Towels aren't clean; found some egg like thing on it. There are suspicious pry marks which looks like there had been forced entry and it made me uncomfortable enough to stay in the room all day.

It was stated that there is a gym and a swimming pool. The gym consist of only a few threadmills and the only weight machine is old, dusty and rusty; the pulley wasn't working and it doesn't even have a seat. The swimming pool was drained and under repair so there was absolutely nothing I could do there. I had booked a hotel that was supposed to have a gym and a swimming pool at least so that I can use those but I ended up with nothing to do because the advertised facilities are no longer available!

The WiFi is a joke... I tried using it in my room and I couldn't even chat decently on whatsapp and MSN without constant disconnection or lag and these are programs that use very little bandwidth! I had to STAND near the door of my room to even use it. When I asked about it I was asked to use it OUTSIDE my room.

No taxis will ever come in here on their own so you'll have to get the hotel staff to call a cab in. In some sites they mentioned that there is airport shuttle... there isn't, if you need a cab out the staff will call one for you if there isn't any at the hotel which is almost most of the time.

The staff are pretty nice though and polite though but perhaps because of their employers' instructions they might be unable to accede to certain requests or something, I'm not sure

This place is nothing like the photos. It was terrible and I absolutely regretted booking and staying here. I was initially charmed by the photos and the prospect of being able to swim or do some training in the gym. In the end there was nothing I could do to pass time and I had to stay in my room to protect my belongings

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Rayna T
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I was here with a friend and it was absolutely terrible. It was advertised on the internet that it was "at the airport" but upon arrival we found that not to be the case. After being scammed by our Taxi driver we made it to the hotel. It was very "sketchy" looking the the people working there were very young. My friend and I did not feel safe....the guys walked us to our rooms and walked in and set our stuff down- they were small talking us and being young college students we were very uncomfortable. While we were there we only noticed older white men- farang. We felt so unsafe and uncomfortable that we checked out around 7 the next morning. We would not recommend this hotel to any young women.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends