“Great location in Bangkok for rivertaxis.”

Win Long Place Hotel & Apartment
Ranked #649 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at Win Long place for 4 nights in an executive suite with plenty of space for a family of 4. The hotel has a great location for travelling with rivertaxis to destinations within Bangkok as the river is only 10 min. walk.from hotel. Staff is friendly and helpfull, breakfast ok and the place is quiet + kept very clean. The area the Hotel is located in in not a tourist area, but a silver/jewlery buisness area but you can still find both restaurants, street kitchens and cafes near by.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Despite having a Thai friend make the reservations and calling to change them a week earlier, the hotel claimed not to have my reservation. I had to pay for the next room up although they did give me 10% off.

The hotel is in an alley. A real alley. Ugly and easy to miss as anyplace a hotel should be. The rooms were clean enough but the whole place is unappealing. I couldn't stand to be in there any longer than sleeping time. It's pretty gross. The place is just unappealing. The only people that should be staying there are 20 yr. old backpackers.

The breakfast was possibly the worst that I have ever experienced. The fruit looked old at 7 am. The rest of the offerings looked disgusting. Undercooked, butter floating in water over the ham, hard noodles, etc. I made due with toast and tea each morning.

It was about a 10 minute walk to my conference at the Royal Orchid Sheraton. It was easy enough to walk there and that location was pretty good for getting around Bangkok. If I had to do it again, I would have stayed at P&R Residence which was closer. I can't imagine that the rooms were in any worse condition.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank msafrica
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed for 5 days in this place, and i thought the place was decent enough to live even if the food was expensive, location is good. Service was prompt with limited knowledge of English. the street was dirty but don't judge the hotel by the street appearance. good value for money even if internet could have been free of charges but i guess its business! the only thing that i wish this place should improve is the buffet breakfast, no varieties at all ! Overall friendly staff. If you don't have problems to take the stairs then you can choose 8th and the 9th floor as the elevator stops till 7th floor.

Room Tip: rooms from 7th till 9th floor are the best ones if you want to see Bangkok city view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the hotel I usually stay at in Bangkok and until now I've always been pleased. It's a great location, quiet, and cheap.

I stayed for one night in early January 2013 and was very disappointed. When I went to my room, it had not been made up - the bed was slept in and the room smelt of cigarette smoke. I asked to change rooms and had to pay an upgrade fee because all similar priced rooms were taken. The new room was in a brand new section of the hotel - very new, and I was pleased.. for a while. Unfortunately the bed was very hard, the room caught the sounds of people at the tables outside, and the power went off in the morning. I found only 1 staff in 3 were pleasant.

I hope Win Long Place improves... it seems to have gone downhill.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first, if possible. Test the hardness of the bed and ensure the room is clean.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank plarter
Reviewed July 24, 2012

win long palace hotel is best for families.& its prime location also make it the right choice,you can find public transports & many dining options with in walking distance, rooms are also very clean & rate are very reasonable.should recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed here due to its proximity to the Sheraton which is only a 5-10 min walk away. We were surprised to find we had a sort of suite, sofa, coffee table, TV. The room had a funny "floor polish" smell, which wasn't bad exactly but not a fresh smell. The TV had one english channel so we never used it. Our bed was very hard, proper mattress but not comfortable. A/C worked fine and the shower was warm, a tall person might struggle to use the toilet though, not a lot of knee room! Internet worked ok but there where some issues when the signal dropped.
Breakfast was good, as much toast and coffee, eggs, pineapple, papaya as you can eat. Evening meals where OK, fairly bland Thai food, but reasonably priced. There is also a small shop on the premises which is quite handy for a beer or water, and they have a taxi guy who will take you to the airport for 400baht. The lift works fine, the staff are ok but english is a bit limited.

So overall, OK, location good, rooms alright, but a better mattress would make all the difference, unless you like a really hard one........

Room Tip: I think the 103,203,303 etc rooms are the "suites"
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference at the Sheraton. In terms of location it was great. We walked in the morning to the fair and back home nor problem (5 to 10 mins top). it was only 80 baht taxi rides down to central world and paragon, too. The restaurant was great! Simple Thai food, but simply great Thai food, too. The conference recruiters seemed fine with us not staying at the sheraton, too... If you attend some day you will know what I am talking about. Dry cleaning service had my clothes done in 6 hours, suit, shirts, and pants for about 500 bhhat. The staff arent fluent in English, but they did their best. The only reason I don't rate this a five is because it isnt a luxurious place... Having said that, I am glad I stayed here; I saved quite a bit of money and lived very comfortably.

• Stayed: January 2012