Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bumrungrad hospital medical check nice hotel small gym premier room the room was nice booked this hotel mini bar main road min walk train station tuk tuk sukhumvit microwave sofa shopping iron
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2012

hotel seemed ok.good service by staff but cheaters.
the reception people have charges us things we havent used from the mini bar and the rates wew exorbitant..300 bath for 500ml water?
cheaters all the way.rooms are fine service is ok,breakfast had limited choices.
restaurant close at 9pm?only thing good was its location and rooms.rest dont expect much.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
FXCSukhumvit, Manager at FuramaXclusive Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Piyush Ahuja,

Greeting from Furama Xclusive hotel,

I am very sorry to read how you were unhappy with the service and mini bar charge you recieved during your last stay.

May I explain some of the details as the hotel provide guest with a standard amenities set up with 2 complimentary drinking water in the guest room. However, in our mini bar also provide additional Mineral water for guest with a charge and the price of this Mineral water is differance from normal still water. All the price of the mini bar items are shown clearly as well as the bill therefore, the staff cannot cheat.

I do hope some of this explanation would be clear. And I wish that Furama Xclusive can be off your futher service again.

Should you have futher arrangement to visit Bangkok, please let me know before hand and please rest asure that your stay will be most hospitality and enjoyable one with our hospitality service from all of my staff.

Your Sincerely,

Punyawe Phusipaphawong (Jenny)
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Furama Sukhumvit is located deep into Soi 1 of Sukhumvit Road. The rooms are of moderate size and comfort. Breakfast is, I consider, quite mediocre but sufficient to start each day off. The front desk is manned by very helpful staff who speak a number of languages such as English, Arabic, etc. I noticed that the hotel is well patronized by Middle Eastern people and Westerners. There are not many Asians around during my stay. The hotel do not have a tuk-tuk service and wifi is not readily available.

It takes about 8 minutes walking casually to reach the main road which is usually congested with confluencing traffic from the left flowing from upper Sukhumvit and traffic coming into Sukhumvit from Ploenchit and the adjoining expressway. Soi 1 is also the entrance to a large nearby hospital. This compounded the congestion problem there. Therefore, if you have a stomach to take some jostling and scurrying, then it's alright. The plus here is that taxis are in abundance due to the constant activities.

We enjoyed this hotel more so because amenities are plentiful; such as a small cafe right in front of the hotel serving coffee and snacks for a paltry sum. The resident fruits seller on his pick-up provided a wide array of fresh fruits just across the Soi. Massage parlors are everywhere providing good & cheap services. Soi 1 is really well located for one who wants to go to Terminal 21 and Emporium Mall on your left and on your right of the Soi, you have access to Ploenchit and onto the shopping belt of Paragon, Siam Center, Central World, Platinum Mall, Erawan Shrine and a host of dining options all within a Bht50-80 taxi ride. If you're at Platinum Mall, do not try to get a taxi there as they demand a princely sum to fetch you anywhere. But walk to the rear of the mall towards Central World where taxis are less predatory. Nana BTS is just a short walk on the main road to the left. Nana Entertainment area is just opposite Sukhumvit on Soi 4.
All in, Furama gives rather good value for a moderately-priced hotel. But if you want more up-market accommodations, you could go to Novotel Ploenchit, Landmark Hotel, Marriott, ande a host of higher class hotels along Soi 2.

Room tip: Just choose a room away from the expressway and on a high floor.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank wongchinhong
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in recent years when visiting the Bumrungrad Hospital. I have always really enjoyed staying there in the past but this time unfortunately I wasn't quite so happy. I had to ask to have my room hoovered and cleaned as there was a lot of black hair everywhere and the carpet didn't seemed to of been cleaned properly for a while. The staff responded well to my request and immediately came to clean, though I did still find some hairs lurking around when I returned later. I haven't had this problem before and feel a bit bad writing bad review as staff so helpful and friendly, but it did leave me feeling a little uncomfortable in the room....especially as I kept coming across more black hairs....yuk! There are a lot more arab guests at the hotel now than in the past, and though I have no problem with that I didn't always find them particularly friendly. Staff as I said are so helpful and went out of their way to find directions for an art gallery in the middle of nowhere for me. It's proximity to the Bumrungrad is great as only 2/3mins walk. I'm just not sure I will return next time in Bangkok....I have heard that their sister hotel in Asoke is fab so maybe it's time to try there...

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was here for two nights and found staff friendly and helpful. Hotel centrally located and a few minutes walk from the sky train that can take you anywhere in Bangkok. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and good size. We had a nice view from our room. Buffet breakfast was included which was nice, free wifi.

I would stay here again if I was back in Bangkok.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ideally located hotel to Bumrungrad Hospital and the heaps of shopping and entertainment along Sukhumvit Rd. 5 minutes walk to Sky Rail. The staff are courteous and helpful without being in your face. Breakfast is adequate and should suit most people.
The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and quiet. They were very clean. I would definately stay there again.
The downside are a few things. First and most importantly I had booked for a Non Smoking room on the internet and reconfirmed when checking in and was told again that I was definately in a Non Smoking room. WRONG! I was put on the 4th floor which is a smoking floor (as told to me by staff the following day) and of course it stunk. Spraying did little to help as the stink had
permeated curtains, bedding etc. I can't understand why reception would tell any guest a mistruth such as this and believe me there was no misunderstanding on that issue. My last of 4 nights was spent on the third floor 309 which was again a beautiful large non smoking room and boy does it make a difference. Can't wait for smoking to be banned in all hotels.
The next issue was complaining after the first night that shower did not work, news channel did not work and the smoking issue and asked for same to be rectified during the day. Came back in evening and of course nothing done. Complained to Manager who appeared to be quite annoyed that no remarks had been entered into the "faults" book and immediately sent up a team of 4 to rectify everything (except smell). I was impressed.
Last but not least is I can't understand why so many hotels in Asia insist on having shiny, slippery tiled areas on front steps and frontage area given the wet seasons. They are extremely dangerous when wet and I have seen many people both young and old take a spill on these surfaces.
My criticisms of this hotel are outweighed considerably by the other benefits. Just a small amount of further attention to matters I have raised and it would be an equivalent to many of the 5 star hotels in Bangkok at a 3 star price.
Recommended.

Room tip: Room 309. Corner room. Spacious and very nice.
Date of stay: August 2012