Ideally located hotel to Bumrungrad Hospital and the heaps of shopping and entertainment along Sukhumvit Rd. 5 minutes walk to Sky Rail. The staff are courteous and helpful without being in your face. Breakfast is adequate and should suit most people.
The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and quiet. They were very clean. I would definately stay there again.
The downside are a few things. First and most importantly I had booked for a Non Smoking room on the internet and reconfirmed when checking in and was told again that I was definately in a Non Smoking room. WRONG! I was put on the 4th floor which is a smoking floor (as told to me by staff the following day) and of course it stunk. Spraying did little to help as the stink had
permeated curtains, bedding etc. I can't understand why reception would tell any guest a mistruth such as this and believe me there was no misunderstanding on that issue. My last of 4 nights was spent on the third floor 309 which was again a beautiful large non smoking room and boy does it make a difference. Can't wait for smoking to be banned in all hotels.
The next issue was complaining after the first night that shower did not work, news channel did not work and the smoking issue and asked for same to be rectified during the day. Came back in evening and of course nothing done. Complained to Manager who appeared to be quite annoyed that no remarks had been entered into the "faults" book and immediately sent up a team of 4 to rectify everything (except smell). I was impressed.
Last but not least is I can't understand why so many hotels in Asia insist on having shiny, slippery tiled areas on front steps and frontage area given the wet seasons. They are extremely dangerous when wet and I have seen many people both young and old take a spill on these surfaces.
My criticisms of this hotel are outweighed considerably by the other benefits. Just a small amount of further attention to matters I have raised and it would be an equivalent to many of the 5 star hotels in Bangkok at a 3 star price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FuramaXclusive Sukhumvit - A Unico Collection, is ideally located in the heart of Bangkok’s Central Business District and easily accessible to the rest of the city. Shopping, food and entertainment are abundant in the area and the future City Airport Terminal in Makkasan will be built nearby, where the high-speed rail links to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. Venturing further out is made simple by using the BTS skytrain – Siam Central station, which is only two stops away, is linked by skybridges to the Siam Paragon, Siam Centre shopping malls and Siam Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your FuramaXclusive Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furamaxclusive Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Furamaxclusive Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok