“Great airport hotel”

Ranked #752 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Canada
“Great airport hotel”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here prior to flying out of the country. The room was very nice and the round trip transportation was prompt. On site massage was a bit expensive, but it's the last night and they will give the massage in your room. Staff were very helpful and happy. Only downfall was that the breakfast was almost out.

Room Tip: Request a deluxe room. much nicer and includes wireless for only a bit more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
hong kong
Reviewed December 30, 2012

That is my 2nd time stay at this hotel. The reason for stay at Convenient Resort is its cheap rate.

Actually, the shuttle bus is great in term of its flexibility. I wanted to take the shuttle bus back to airport at 10:00AM and I waited at the lobby at 9:45AM. It was full! The driver tried to get me another van directly to the hotel. Thank a lot.

The facilities seemed to be depreciated comparing the condition when my previous stay 2 years ago. Everything is basic but function. The airconditioner worked very well. Small heater at the shower operated well.

But the water pressure is low which made me a longer time to have my shower.

I will stay again next time.

Room Tip: Thank driver. Good option if you spent a night (over several hours) here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Banana c
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A good, nice and comfortable hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights. Its far away from the main city but we chose this hotel due to its proximity to the airport since we had to take an early morning flight. We had taken round trip to airport which is complementary. The room was quite spacious, clean and snug. The breakfast was sumptuous. I would say its a good stopover option if you need to take an early morning flight.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed at Convenient Resort with my 10 month old daughter and wife between two flights. We arrived around 11 PM into Bangkok and upon entering the arrival hall saw someone from the hotel holiding up our name. They took us via van (we booked a transfer as part of our reservation) to the hotel, which is about a 10 minutes drive from the airport. The room we got was quite basic with a loud air conditioner. We ended up having a queen and single bed in the room, and for our purposes (being a transit), this was fine. There was no kettle in the room, which was a bit of a a pain for us. The bathroom doesn't have a seperate shower, so it does get flooded when used - again i've seen this often in Asia but this may not be everyones cup of tea. We got breakfast, which was sausaages/ham and toast with coffee/tea.
They have a shuttle to the airport every hour, which you can book when checking in. We used this to get back to the airport after getting some sleep. In my opinion its a good place for a stopover to get some sleep and freshen up - but wouldn't recommend it for anything more

Room Tip: Ensure you book the transfer and make sure you tell the time you want the transfer back when checkin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frankston, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I often travel through Bangkok and there are any number of these cheaper hotels for a stop over. I have tried quite a few and this was not the worst and certainly wasn't the best either. I would give it a 4 out of 10 - it had a bed and the aircon worked - It was really like most of these cheap hotels in Bangkok - did the job - the old adage is that you get what you pay for.

the shower was broken and I had to hold it in my hand to use it and the free round trip transfer for some reason was now not free - I was too tired to argue after a long flight..

I guess it is always good to remember names are not a key to what you will get in Bangkok. - Convenient - not really close to anything much - and a resort - MMM not what I would call a resort...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Felt like a refugee camp. Was dirty, unpleasant and unkempt. It is cheap and therefore should have been no surprise but still, for THB1000 we would have expected sheets without the stains and a shower with a head instead of a running tap.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank sirrona
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Indeed, talking about a resort here is kind of nonsense but now that the creepiest guesthouse brands itself as "boutique"...
Otherwise, the place is perfectly convenient. Just a few minutes from Suvannabhumi airport (free shuttle from the hotel for booked guests), it allows for easy check-in/out at any given time and provides shuttle back every 30 min.
My room was big and no significant noise from the outside despite the runways proximity (I was not facing them neither). Rainwater from the last thunderstorm had leaked from the windows frames and flooded a large part of the room but since I was there for a few hours and since it didn't reach the linen or the wall plugs, I didn't mention it to the staff and had a great sleep!
Given my timing (between 2 flights), at that price, this place provided me with all I was really in need of. But if you have to recommend a place for some friends planning to spend some holidays in a Thai "resort", you might recommend another place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo