“Exquisite Hospitality infused with Thai Culture”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #49 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 3, 2010

The Courtyard by Marriott in Bangkok has certainly exceeded my expectations to the fullest. Normally, Courtyard by Marriott's cater to Business travelers and offer amenities that gears towards those travelers, however, this Courtyard by Marriott in Bangkok does that and much more for their leisure travelers. Located in a premier location (ie. Famous four face Buddha, Siam Paragon, Center Plaza, Silom Road, Royal Sports Club, Air train) this hotel is designed to satisfy your needs and interest.

Anne, the Quality Concierge, truly defines what Hospitality means to the industry. The check in process was extremely smooth, even though I had to make a lot of adjustments to my reservation, she and her staff accommodated me and exceeded my expectations. I wanted to see a Harry Potter IMAX show (last minute) and the staff called me up to read me all of their show times in order to find a suitable match that would fit into my schedule. The staff had already mapped and had taken a message from an outside caller in regards to the Traditional Thai Theater and had advised me to NOT take a Taxi during rush hour-subway and Air Train-would be a suitable match, indeed it was.

Anne remembered me from the check in process and approached me two days after to ask if she could do anything else to assist me. I had my bags in the lobby and she promptly accommodated the bags in their storage unit and gladly answered all of the questions that I had asked in regards to the surrounding area and the Hotel. This Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok is a winner in my books and I stay at a lot of Marriott's around the world. I will definitely return here and in hopes for them to remember me :-)

Khob Kun Ka to the Staff and Anne for an exceptional time here!

1  Thank truekhoality
Write a ReviewReviews (2,984)

Reviewed December 1, 2010

The hotel has very elegant contemporary design. Rooms are visually pleasing as well as comfortable. Food is good, gym is nice and overall service is good. As in many hotels breakfast can be a bit crowded, but it is compensated with good selection of food.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LinenBank
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Only drawback for this hotel is that it is not on the main road and view from hotel is average. Should have free Wifi service as most hotels nowadays do provide that service. Hence I believe the rates should be adjusted accordingly. High light of my trip was that Tippawan Phanpinit (Anne) was very hospitable a friendly. She is a keeper.

1  Thank curryrus2004
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I write this dual review from the perspective of having recently stayed at both the Bangkok Marriott Courtyard and the LeMeridian during a recent trip to Bangkok. When I arrived in Bangkok in late October, I stayed, first, at the Courtyard, checked out for a few days, taking a side trip to Pattaya, and then checked into the LeMeridian (as a sort of treat to myself) when I returned to Bangkok a few days later.

Let me begin by saying that the LeMeridian is a fine, fine hotel; definitely four (if not five) star. The service is quite good; but this review is not to extol the virtues of the Meridian (which are many), but to commend, instead, the surprisingly elegant Courtyard. The Marriott is only one or two tics off the pace of the LeMeridan, in areas that, to me, were bearly discernible; and for approximately, 30% less. In summary, while the LeMeridian may be slightly better . . . it ain't 30% better.

My room in the Courtyard was every bit as modern and elegant as was the room in the LeMeridian. O.k., the LeMeridian room did have push-button window shades, but aside from that little accessory I found the rooms to be comparable in style and appointment. In fact, the LeMeridian was slightly deficient in its utilitarian effect in that it had no drawers for me to store my clothes. I also found the design of the LeMeridian bathroom to be slightly odd in that you could close off the shower or the toilet (with the same sliding door) but not both. Not really a deficit, I guess if you are alone, and you can only use one or the other. O.k., I'll also admit that in addition to a regular shower head, the "waterfall" shower head in the LeMeridian bathroom was a nice little touch. (On the other hand, as a slightly negative drawback, the shower stall in the Courtyard was too small to hold two people, which was not a problem at all in the massive shower in the LeMeridian.).

Also as only a slight deficit at the LeMeridian, my dab gum, card key was tempermental as heck. I kept changing it at the front desk; but on way too many occassions during my six-day stay, I had to stand at my door for 2-3 minutes coaxing the key to slide, just right, across the fob to gain access to my room.

The service and attitude of the staff at LeMeridian was top notch; but so too the Courtyard. The LeMeridian staff have slightly better uniforms but aside from that, the staff at both hotels are full of smiles, guest name recollection and useful information.

I also worked out, daily, at the gym during my stay at both hotels. Both are well-stocked and well-maintained.

In terms of location, both hotels are approximately equidistant from their respective BTS stations (Courtyard/Ratchadamri station)(LeMerdian/Sala Daeng station). The Courtyard is in a slightly more ritzy shopping area and is also within a short five minute walk of the ultra-ritzy Four Seasons Hotel. On the other hand, the LeMeridian can claim proximity (a short two blocks) to the (in)famous Patpong Night market which hosts a variety of stalls selling various and sundry items (all of which are subject to negotiation); as well as the finest (or most tawdry--tending on your perspective) in, ahem, adult entertainment. Oh, go ahead and walk inside . . . you know you want to. (Some of the denizens of these establishments are 'jaw-droppingly' beautiful--but that's another report for another day.) For my money--literally and figurative--I preferred the sassy and brash spirit of Patpong to the elegance of Ratchadamri.

In summary, if you want to stay at the LeMeridian, by all means go for it. You will appreciate the elegant, yet warm and friendly attitude, of that fine establishment. You will NOT be disappointed. On the other hand, if you want the same level of service, convenience and a hotel that is every bit as spiffy (if only slightly less glitzy than the LeMeridian; and let's face it--do you really need a motor to draw your shades for you?) for considerably less 'cheddar', consider the Courtyard. I think that you'll like it.

3  Thank tony1200
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This Courtyard has become my preferred hotel to stay at while in Bangkok. Very good rooms, excellent food and the staff is very friendly. I usually try to book the corner room which is a bit more money but includes buffet breakfast as well. The MOMO cafe serves up very good food and is great if you are too busy to venture out. Overall, I always look to stay here when in town as I cannot fault this hotel for anything. Great job everyone at the Marriott Courtyard BKK!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kaotic363
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stayed here on a two day stop over. This hotel iseverything that you need for the purpose. Clean, modern rooms, good breakfast. I cant think of anything negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZZ29
Reviewed November 21, 2010

The first time my friend and I stayed at the Marriot Hotel. It's a good experience. Thank you for the Concierge team, they are helpful and friendly. Excellent hotel and good location.Well Done!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends