“Losing its steam”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #49 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was my third (and longest) stay at Courtyard by Mariott in Bangkok, and I must say that even though it's still a nice and centrally located hotel, the wear and tear is starting to reduce the charm of the place. The rooms are getting a bit worn, the towels are getting raggedy and it appears that the number of staff has been reduced in recent years.

This time around, my only real positive note goes to the hard working and charming staff in MoMo café.

For my next visit to Bangkok, I will look for alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Flight17
Sanne E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Flight17,

First and foremost thank you very much for taking the time out to wirte your comments and feedback! We truly value your loyalty and would your to not only enjoy our continues good service and off course our newly upgrade amenities.
We be very pleased if we would see you again in the future as we continues strive to improve our business and services, so thank you for you feedback once again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for a week from 4 May 2012 when attending a very large conference in Bangkok. Our room was on the 4th Floor overlooking the front of the hotel and we thought it might be noisy but that proved to be not the case. The "just off the mainstream" location is excellent. The hotel was full to capacity during our entire stay but everything worked with the renown Thai smile, and you don't always find that in the City. The only small thing that seemed to bother some was the requirement to sign for the prepaid breakfast. I witnessed an aggressive stance by by another guest who simply refused to do so and was extrodinarily rude to the Thai staff. If you are asked, just sign, it is obviously a "charge back" system and you won't have to pay on checkout. I can only endorse the many other positive comments on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: I guess higher floors have a slight advantage with outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel has everything right. There is nothing that blows me away but more importantly, there's absolutely nothing to complain about. Everything, in my opinion, is a little above average. The rooms are very modern and comfortable. The bathroom is nice, the hotel is clean and always looking new and the food is real good. It is just a solid hotel. Just like the location. The hotel isn't far away from where you need to be but it also isn't the perfect location. It's just good. But the reality is you have to pay a lot more for great and this hotel is so good and so cheap that it's really a great decision. My only note against might be sometimes the price might be a little high and I notice that the Renaissance is almost the same price (and that's a hotel that does blow you away). If it's much cheaper I stay here, but if it's even close I stay at the Renaissance or JW. That said, you can expect a very modern (and spotless) courtyard.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Drew M

Dear Travelisfree,

Thank you very much for your great review and taking out the time to write it.
We truly appreciate your comments of our Hotel and Services - being all what you need and even more. Thank you very much for value us for what we are a very Good choice in a good location.
Hope to see you again in the near future at our Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok.

lovely hotel.

pros
1) good location close to siam and all shopping malls
2)close to CM2 disco
3)truly a marriott service-world class
4)complementary upgraded us to upper category
5)spacious rooms
6)lovely toilet

cons

nothing

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rockingrahul

Dear Rockingrahul,

thank you very much for sharing your pro and cons view of our hotel. And we are truly happy to see your appreciation for our staff service and hotel. We take pride in providing you with a excellent and seemless service - creating a refreshing experience at our hotel.

Hope to see you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Best regards

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I spent two nights at the Courtyard in Bangkok over a weekend in early May this year as I was transiting thru Bangkok on my way to Bali. I have been to Bangkok several times before and chose the hotel based on a recommendation of a colleague.

This hotel is at a great location, very central and in walking distance of the Siam and Radjdamri BTS stations which both offer convenient connections to and from the airport as well as to the most interesting sights. Recommendation: When arriving or departing at/from Bangkok Airport in day time, take the fast train into the city and change to the BTS there. Considering Bangkok traffic, this can well safe you a couple hours each way.

Siam Square with its shopping malls and good eateries is a few minutes walk away from the hotel too. I always felt very safe walking to and from the hotel, even at night time.

The hotel as such is superb in my view. It offers everything you need, with a good breakfast buffet, a good choice of meals from the menu if you like to dine in, spotless and very nice rooms, broad band internet and wireless lan free of charge, and the staff really do know what good customer service means! I used to stay in a 5-star hotel in the area in the past, but in the future, would really prefer the smaller, more intimate style of the courtyard.

Thank you very much again to the entire staff that made my stay great. I hope to see you all back again one day.

I'd like to recommend the Erawan Tea Room within the Hyatt building for dinner or lunch. It's a great place, and the quality of food is both outstanding, and well eadible for a westerner too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Andreas E
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here many times, and really like it. The rooms are modern, spacious and clean. The food is very nice and reasonable cost. Whilst I have seen families stay there, mainly I have seen couples and business travellers. Very handy location too for just about everything in Bangkok. Definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmanley001
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband ,daughter and I ,took a short break for four days in Bangkok,and decided to stay in courtyard-marriot.Needless to say, our decision was right.The hotel is perfectly located;close to the main road and sky train terminal,yet quietly tucked in, away from the maddening crowd.The staff is extremely courteous and gracious.
On our arrival, the front desk lady upgraded us to a bigger room as we were three persons in the room.The decor of the hotel is extremely modern,with delicate touches of colors.
The staff of momo cafe is extremely helpful.We had our dinners in the hotel and enjoyed the best penang curry,specially made by the chef as per our requirement.
The buffet breakfast is a great spread,from western to oriental.My teenage daughter simply enjoyed every meal in the hotel.
Courtyard by marriot has definitely won our hearts and we surely shall stay here on every visit of ours.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank meenakshi2000
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Meenakshi2000,

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel and service. Next time you need a short break in Bangkok - we will hope to see you here again.