“holiday”
Review of Bangkok City Suite

Bangkok City Suite
Ranked #585 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was looking for a good place to stay for me and my wife, reasonable in price and close to the city centre. Well, this hotel is perfect. Rooms are very clean and spacious and on suite. The breakfast room is very nice and the presentation of the BF is very well done. And the breakfast itself is gorgeous ... from Thai style to Western style, whatever you like.
The bar is a bit small but it offers you a cool drink till late.
As said, the hotel is in the city centre and for a few Baht, a taxi brings you in a a short time to China Town or wherever you want to be.
A good spot!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank daukmai

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was there for 5 days....,It is nice place to stay ,If you are planning to shopping @ Bobay market and fruit market it's very good place,But bit far from Bangkok City,Reception is very helpful,...But they have to have good communication with customers.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pasan S
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Was really surprised with the facilities for the price we paid(1000B/night)
pros:
Very neat and clean rooms
Ok breakfast buffet
We reached @ 5am but we just had to pay 300B for the early check-in ant not a whole one night charge
The cab driver near the hotel was very very nice and helpful. We did sight seeing in his cab. He is very reasonable and there is scope for negotiation
Good location. Just 80B by tuk-tuk to MBK , siam etc.

Cons:
Difficult to find. Not all cab drivers know this hotel
Other than that, not much

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Archana G
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travelled overseas to Bangkok Thailand last month with my brother and our parents together with my Dad's brother and his wife. We arrived almost midnight and our preferred hotel is fully booked. So we looked around and checked in at Bangkok City Suite in which we stayed for four nights and we added some amount of money so we can have our breakfast buffet. They have wifi but they don't have a swimming pool and available room that can occupy the six of us (or even for 4 persons ) so we got three rooms( 1 twin room for me and my bro, 2 double occupany room for our parents and for my Aunt and Uncle ) . Each room has its own TV, Airconditioning unit, a safe for valuables, Phone, Fridge, and toilet and bath. Let me start first with the TV, now this I think is the part of the room that my brother likes about! Its because our TV is also a desktop PC with the huge size of the flat screen monitor. Unlike the other 2 rooms, its just a normal TV. The airconditioning unit is like a split type that doesnt have a remote so you have to stand in order to change the temperature., a phone that you can use to call room to room. Like the normal, one pillow and one blanket for each bed for twin rooms. Two pillows and a blanket for double room.

As for the fridge, they provide 2 bottled water (0.6 liters each, I think thats about 600ML) per day, 2 ice cubes trays.You can request for an airpot at the lobby if you want hot water. And for the toilet, the hotel provides towels, tissues, a blower, 2 soaps with the size that any hotel usually gives, a shower gel,shampoo and shower cap and thats it! They dont even provide toothbrush,comb,shave. Good thing we brought our own toothbrushes. It has a bath tub with a shower curtain AND I wonder when was the last time they cleaned the shower curtain? It has mildew on it! For the price of 900Baht per night (twin/double occupancy room) what do we expect?!

And oh, did I mentioned about the "safe"? Yes! Each room has a safety deposit box in which you can set your own combination so you can keep your valuables inside (in which I dont trust after what happened)

There's two things we disliked about Bangkok City Suite (well aside for the mildew-y shower curtain) first, they dont have a shifting staff for you to call to make up the room especially for unexpected occurences.

Something quite fishy happened during our stay on the 3rd day, my father requested for their room to be cleaned while we are away shopping. My dad clearly remembered that he left his Dolce and Gabbana sunglass on top of the table near the door adjacent to the bathroom. When we get back at the hotel, his sunnies were missing where he left it. I told him to call the lobby because he requested to clean his room up. He did and reported that his sunglass was missing. They returned my Dad's sunglass! Now this surprised me- the room attendant said it was "mixed" on the bed with the sheets. Clearly that was just an alibi!

I dont know about hotel procedures but I think its a common sense to check everything on the sheets, under the pillow etc. just to make sure nothings "mix"with them. They dont even have the vigilance to offer you anything just to make up for their negligence.. as if nothing happened. As a foreigner, or "just a customer" I think it is important for any business establishment to keep your customer satisfied at any case or situation that needs it the most. Impressions lasts especially if you are offering a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: NOTa tip for a good room but please carry your valuables with you especially passport, gadgets or ev...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank cheriching
Reviewed August 2, 2013

good:
1. they have a 24 hrs wifi service
2. a pc ( with wifi) / tv in ur room
3. 30 mins away from airport (old airport), 1 hr away from the new airport.

bad:
- got cheated by the review. its really misleading
- its nothing near to the major shopping malls. they are non walking distance, you still need to take a tuk tuk to the places u wanna visit.
- staffs were really non friendly, and unhelpful
- do not even hav adapter for ur electronic devices. ( thank god i m an iphone user hence can charge my phone at the pc)
- a hotel without massage room service. the staff doesnt even wanna provide the contacts from other massage parlor.

ps: the cost is 1300 thb for a room to 3 persons. 850 bht is a single bed room. with a single bed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Evelyn T
Reviewed July 28, 2013

we got a very cheap rate from Agoda for two night stay with breakfast. We have a taken taxi from Phayathai BTS stn which is a last station on airport line and hotel is very near to this place hence make it very very convenient location not only for airport also very near to Pantip plaza ,Pratunam area,siam shopping area and old city Temples.
Rooms are small in size but adequate for two persons.There is also a left luggage facility free of cost and breakfast is o.k.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pran_panipat
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I spent a few days in BKK and looked around for budget hotels - this was the best at this price.

Pros:
Free wi-fi
Free breakfast
Good, cheap room service (a meal for ~70 baht)

Cons:
There's a bigger hotel called Bangkok City Hotel. Taxi drivers don't tend to have the best English, and three different taxi drivers tried to take us to City Hotel after we tried to make it as clear as we could that we wanted City Suite. To help, tell them "Petchaburi Road Soi 1", it's almost like a postcode, City Hotel is nearer Soi 6, 5-10 minutes walk up the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends