“Nice place to be” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #592 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice place to be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

was the great experience of hospitality and service during my visit to Bangkok. Neat and clean room. friendly staff, verities of food during breakfast but i never try lunch and dinner. definitely will back again...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Suraj K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
semarang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were so enjoyed everytime we stayed there (2 times). Rooms are so spacious, nice, warmth, very okay for us. Staffs are great & so helpful. Foods in the hotel's menu are not expensive and very tasty.
Breakfast is reserved and not bad.They gave a sign if there's a pork, they will let us knew. So, it's very helpful information for us, moslems.They also offer some attractions in Bangkok like Siam Niramit etc which is in reasonable price and the guide is so friendly.
Outside, we find very friendly taxi driver which is always around the hotel. We forgot his name but he drove us to Samut Prakan and around because our daughter want to see the zoo. He's very patient to accompany us.
But in our 2nd visit there, we have to adjust our time because the hotel location is the place where demonstration will held. So, there's absolutely no red or yellow shirts :) But hotel staffs had warned us and thank God it's our last day in Bangkok so they'll transfer us to airport in the morning. Btw, they have airport transfer and it's free.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank puti a
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is very reasonably priced in comparison to those of the same standards in Bangkok. However, if you're a tourist, I'd choose another location. There are not many 'things to see' around the hotel and not a very walkable distance to the BTS system.

The hotel itself is just fine though. Only thing missing is tea/coffee facilities in the rooms, but the hotel menu is very affordable and generous. Breakfast too was an ample buffet, not too many western choices of food, mainly Thai/Asian.

The service was good, the room very spacious and clean. Only complaint I can make is the amountmayonnaiseaise that arrived on top of my salad...couldn't even eat it.

I'd definitely stay there again even though our taxi driver took half an hour to find the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SnapCooeee
seremban
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

When the 3rd sister hotel, The Bangkok City Hotel opened in October 2010, I was one of the first to stay during it's soft launch and promotional rate of 890 baht inclusive of an ABF and free Wifi. From that period until last week, precisely from on the 30th November 2011, I was still checking in at The Bangkok City Hotel only to be again told that there is not a single room on the smoking floors available.. and this was not the first time, this was the 3rd time that has happened to me. I understand that due to the flood situation, that hotel was fully booked by locals put up by their employees or simple local Thais in Bangkok for a break but I was not happy with the fact that something was amiss and that one of the very rude receptionist that 'purposely' put me in a non-smoking floor was on duty the evening that I wanted to check in. After checking that I was put on the 16th floor ( a non-smoking floor), I had decided that I prefer to check in The Bangkok City Suite, located on Soi 1, just a 40 baht taxi ride away. My reservation money was refunded in full, I took a cab and check in again after 1 year what was once the only hotel I stayed from 2005 till 2010.. It was indeed wonderful to be greeted by Khun Joy at the front desk, I was put on the 3rd floor facing the toll booth but it was okay. I was pleasantly pleased to see that the room has been completely upgraded and the lighting and the furnishings followed the same style as in the Bangkok City Hotel so it now looks very spacious and comfortable. The television channels have more selections and with a rate of 850 baht with free Wifi and ABF, I was at least comforted by the fact that there is another alternative if I do not get a room at The Bangkok City Hotel in the future. The only problem is that Muslim food is more nearer at Soi 7 near Petchbhuri so I have to walk a bit to the nearest 7-11 to buy some food. The room and the bed was always clean and tidy and it was a welcome return. The next morning, it was great to chat with Khun Ae again, I like the front desk here ... more smiles all around though a request for an electric pot was not possible, maybe they ran out of supply due to the high demands. Again, worth every baht to stay here..

Room Tip: Always choose the rooms facing the neighborhood beside this hotel as the rooms facing the tool or ex...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank norhisham
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Being a frequent traveller to Thailand with my family, at first, I was a bit hesitant to book this place seeing the rates they were offering. However I took the chance and am glad I did so.
Book for 4 nights and pay for 3 is a steal. 900B a room for 2 with b/fast is a great deal. The rooms are not that huge but quite cute. The bathroom is well equipped with a bathtub. Breakfast is pretty good. The location is great, just a 40B tuktuk ride to the heart of the city. The cab and tuj tuk drivers that are there don't overcharge. Mimi the guy at the travel counter is very helpful in arranging tours and taxis. Real value for money. Worth booking.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
18 Thank apintolobo
scunthorpe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Like the title says it's a nice place and the service is good.
Stayed there 4 or 5 times when in Bangkok.
It is a Buget Hotel on the same way that Premier Inn is in the UK.
All rooms have Air Con and bath with shower over
B/feast is included in the price. Buffet style
Mainly Thai food but fried eggs and toast was OK for me.
It is not in the centre of Bangkok but it is in a good location and Meter Taxis pass the door every min. Price for the room 2 People was 1000 Baht per night. in 2010.
For todays rate check on the web

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kengblack
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

we styed 3 night on room number 720 of this hotel for the period of 10-13 october 2011 . the room is Clean, comfortable excelent service . big Breakfast buffet and free wifi are included at the low price. closer to patunam market and MBK shoping center . we enjoed..... anyone who wish relax with affordable price Go for this . thanks

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family