“nice place - wll come back”
Review of Saxophone Pub

Saxophone Pub
Ranked #4 of 39 Concerts & Shows in Bangkok
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“nice place - wll come back”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I took my daughter - the place has a lot of character and many nooks and crannies to explore. We could not stay long for the music - Thai food was good as this is more a locals place. Pleasant staff eager to help.

Visited July 2012

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Jazalicious music”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We went here last night to have a drink & listen to the music.
No cover charge to get in. A small bottle of beer is 120 baht & a coke is a 100 baht.

The Thai 5 piece group that were on were belting out some really good jazz music. A bit later in the evening they were joined by a female singer who had a lovely melancholy voice.

This bar is definitely not a pick up joint. I did not see any working girls here.... mainly couples.

Visited June 2012
Cologne, Germany
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“Excellent music!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

(Western) live music in Thailand is often played so badly that it can ruin my evening. Maybe I'm a bit over sensitive, being a musician myself. Before I discovered the Saxophone Pub I had started to believe that in Thailand, live music was best avoided. I was really in for a surprise when seeing and hearing two bands at the this very nice club which is conveniently located near Victory Monument. Although labeled a "jazz club", the main band was playing funky cover tunes, however, on a very high level. Great musicians at work, surprisingly good vocalists, and the audience, a mix of Farangs and Thai, was very appreciative. The ambience and prices of the drinks are a bit on the upscale side but perfectly suitable for the place. I didn’t eat inside – just a few meters away there are food stalls which very cheap and delicious food. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Saxophone, I don’t believe it’ll get much better than that anywhere else in Thailand.
Die hard jazz fans may want to check out the jazz bar Brown Sugar, too.

Visited April 2011
Siem Reap, Cambodia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great music, great vibe”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

10 years ago I loved the Saxophone pub and yesterday I found out it's still great! They host live music every night (usually multiple performances) and the quality of the jazz is top-class. There is no cover charge, but the prices are slightly higher (we paid 140 baht for a big saxophone shaped mug of draft beer). Then again, you get a free concert, so it's not that bad.. Easiest to get there is to take a taxi or skytrain to Victory monument. It's on Victory point, a sort of park/market in the south-western point of the square. See their map on the website.

Visited November 2011
mumbai
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“SAX BETTER THAN SEX !”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Wow…this place is the most happening live music scene in Bangkok. We were lucky to have T Bone performing at the night of our visit. Amazing blues / reggae funk / jazz and rock ! Order your whiskey by the bottle. Fantastic steaks, and a huge menu. For directions, get off at Victory Monument BTS, and ask the locals. The club is just 2 mins. away, tucked away in a bylane. The music plays till 2 am…. one more great reason to visit Bangkok !

Visited October 2011