“性價比高good value for the price”
Review of Urbana Sathorn

Urbana Sathorn
Ranked #327 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Taipei, Taiwan
“性價比高good value for the price”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Good location-Many luxury hotels around,and close to BTS saladaeng(if you take taxi)
Good service-bellboy will check whether you lost something in the taxi by flashlight
Not very clean-we stay in family room,and there's lots of dust on the floor

In brief,I'll recommend to my friend.

地點很不錯,附近都是高級酒店,但離BTS有段距離要坐計程車
服務也不錯,下車後會用手電筒再次檢查車內有沒有掉東西(我的錢包因此撿回來)
但有個缺點就是我們住的雙臥室公寓地板不乾淨,有灰塵,沒穿拖鞋的話腳沒多久就黑了
比起同公司旗下另一家飯店Urbana langsuan,這家好太多了!一定要選這家

總而言之蠻推薦的

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank 黃卉宇

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The nightmare started when i arrived at urbana sathorn.I happily proceeded to the front desk to do my check in. I provided them my particulars and even my reservation number. But the staff told me that they didn't have my booking inside their system. So i was prepared for this kind of hiccups, then i took out the printed email conversation with their reservations manager Mr Sengfat. The staff called him to clarify the issue but i was told that they didn't have my two bedroom unit because of a pipe burst. Then the front desk staff told me that they could either transfer me to anantara sathorn or provided me 2 individual one bedroom units.

I was furious due to the fact i had booked the rooms 6 months in advance. I told the staff that this was totally unacceptable. Then i requested to talk to the reservations manager "Mr sengfat" . What he said that this things was unavoidable and whole load of crap. He even suggested that if i wasn't happy i could change another hotel or i could stay in their 2 individual one bedroom apartment and check out tomorrow. Where do u find a hotel asking you to change another hotel when your guest are already at your doorstep.

Then i gave up and said i will might as well accept the offer to be transferred anantara sathorn 2 bedroom unit which was the option they provided me earlier. Suddenly, Mr sengfat over the phone told me that they didn't make a booking in advance and that they dont have extra rooms at anantara sathorn for me. What the front desk staff promised was totally different from what the manager said.

Then after much dispute over the phone Mr Sengfat promised to do a waiver for first night stay in the 2 individual units. So being in a foreign land i suck it up and took the 2 individual units offered but then i was told to make full payment for the rooms. But i told the staff that Mr sengfat agreed to do a waiver for the first night , The staff explained that whatever Mr sengfat had promised was between me and him, so i had to wait until the next morning to get the refund from Mr sengfat.

The Horror continued when the next morning we approached the front desk asking for Mr Sengfat then his staff handed over the phone to me with him on the line. Mr sengfat told me all sorts of crap that he was busy today and was out of his office and would be back late. So in the end we could not see him. The next day we were busy so we could not find time to approach him, but he didn't even offer to see us at all.

Then the following next day, my friend went to the front desk asking for another manager who could assist. This lady manager was nice and tried to listen to our problems and even called Mr sengfat to clarify the matter. Then when mr sengfat was on the line with my friend he was shouting over the line. It was so bloody loud that even the lady manager could hear exactly what Mr sengfat was saying. Mr Sengfat Said that he didn't make any promise to us that he wanted to do a waiver for the first night stay. But how could me and friend hear wrongly.

Then the lady manager tried to resolve our issue and offered us late checkout at 4pm and airport transfer. We were left with no choice but to accept the offer.

Being fair, the rooms was nice and clean. Housekeeping was perfect.

Overall, i will NEVER return to urbana sathorn again. If the hotel management is looking at this please do something about it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank lionel_hf
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip.

This is a nice service apartment in the Sathorn district. Rooms are huge and comes complete with a living room and kitchen.

Great for people visiting the offices in this area but very inconvenient if you're a tourist. The main road outside the hotel is infamous for its heavy traffic and many taxi drivers will refuse to make a trip to this area during peak hours. In addition, many taxi drivers will not know the name of this hotel and its advisable for you to take one of little cards with the hotel address in Thai that is provided at the reception desk.

Overall, nice service apartment but its starting to show its age. There's some renovations going on but things should be back to normal soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ErWei001
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel with lovely suites...wish i could have stayed longer. Great staff. Great pool and views. Would stay again.

The location is a little difficult as my taxi driver got a little confused and i couldnt help (ie its nowhere near koh san road) but thats probably one of the benefits really.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank jasminehoney
Lviv, Ukraine
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great hotel. The rooms are large and clean. Friendly staff. The location is very good - close to the subway and buses. Almost in the center of the city. It is only in a few stops away from the river taxi. We`ve already stayed in Urbana twice, and if we are in Bangkok again - will stop here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snizhana_Bezhnar
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I come to Bangkok for two weeks every year and this is always a good choice. The hotel is actually 1/2 hotel and 1/2 residences. The room I have is a 1 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and some plates, glasses, utensils and pots/pans. There is also a microwave and refrigerator. The bed is nice and has nice down pillows and the bathroom is full size. One complaint on the housekeeping is that they never replaced bathroom toiletries such as soap and shampoo and they don't provide hair conditioner so be sure to bring your own or buy some locally.

Breakfast is normally serviced in the restaurant, although when I stayed it was being renovated, so breakfast was in the residence lounge on the 7th floor next to the pool.

The hotel has a gym on the 5th floor with good equipment and very spacious. There is also a large indoor basketball court. The pool is large, but my only complaint is that the water is very, very salty. This is most likely due to how much chlorine they use and how often they fully replace the water with fresh water.

The hotel is only 5-10 min walk from Silom/Patpong area where there are many restaurants and the usual shenanigans in Patpong. I've been told by Thais that the bar scene in Patpong is considered by Thais as gay bar scene, but certainly they aren't all gay bars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I moved from another hotel into Urbana Sathorn to expect something better, it was awful! The furniture had stains all over the couch and the chairs, the bathroom was falling apart it just look totally old and dirty,- I am not sure why people said is "Luxury" the room they gave us was so moldy that I couldn't breath so I asked to move they moved me into another room but still I couldn't breath, I think there is something in the AC System my husband said it has probable never been clean :( horrible! I came back to Hong Kong with a terrible cold. The pool was freezing and the floor around it was coming out although the view is nice. It was also very very crowded my friends had to wait for breakfast .- Breakfast was not the best but not that bad just ok. The TV did not work properly, also there are building next to it so since morning I had noise from the building site. This place was luxury maybe 10 years ago for the price you can stay in another hotel with better condition this is not luxury in any way!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom rooms are nicer than the studio