“4th time here and liking it...”

I-Residence Hotel Silom
Ranked #287 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“4th time here and liking it...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at G-hotel (pullman) nearby the last time for the namesake but I still like back this hotel, for its location and value.

Rooms - comfortable, and worth the $$$. Request for non-smoking if u r a non-smoker.

Bfast - reasonably gd spread. Generally comes free with the room, so just take it when offered.

Wifi - slow wifi - can't stream video. connects one device only. If u need a fast wifi, better buy a local sim card and u get fast 3G/ LTE speed.

Location - excellent. I can see the BTS from my room and u can pop in/ out from the street happening for a shower and back to shopping.

Pool - great for farang to sunbath, but for asian, this is too small to swim. Gym? forget it, it's a boxed up treadmill.

Night life - next to patpong crazy bars and decent pubs as well. There r family type foot massages along the way. With street stalls, u r next to everything for the adult and children.

Room Tip: Choose the block same as the reception. The other block has walls that r so thin, that u can hear th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Except for the delay in check-in ( we reached at 11 am and the check-in time is 2 pm), everything about the hotel was pleasant and serviceable. Right next to the Chong Nonsi metro station, the location was central and convenient. Easy access to nightlife (Silom & Sukhumvit), shopping (Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, Patpong night market) and access to great restaurants nearby made this the best place to stay in. The tariff is reasonable, the staff very friendly, the room service great, excellent buffet breakfast - in short, the stay was worthwhile and value-for-money.

Room Tip: check for rooms that accommodate more than 2 persons - they can easily accommodate and upgrade you
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed October 28, 2013

i go there for many years - perfect location near silom nad BTS chong nonsi - if there's availability they give free upgrades for returning customers - nice little swimming pool, what to say...the best in bkk for my expectations

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jcschlim
Delhi
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Everything was perfect about this hotel, except the fact the reception location.

The good stuff:
Room: 10/10. Our junior suite was spacious with a huge comfortable bed. The bathroom was decent and compact. The best part was the sitting room area (see picture).

Service: 10/10 very quick and efficient.

Pool area: 10/10 - we loved their terrace pool with bar. They usually have happy hours in the evening, but surprisingly we were the only people there on both the days.

Location: 10/10 - walking distance from Chong Nonsi BTS station, 7/11, massage parlors, restaurants and many street food carts.

Not so good / strange:
Reception area was in the basement car parking area - strange.

While checking in, we were asked to put a security deposit of 1000 THB, which was strange as we have traveled all over, but this was the first. We did not mind it so much since we got it back while checking out (but of course.)

Over all, I would recommend this place to all my friends because we had a very comfortable stay in every way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank skwatr
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited Bangkok in October 2013 and stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. Very good location as BTS Chong Nonsi station just right infront of the hotel. Many Taxi and tuk tuk around the place and have many hawker stalls outside the hotel. Everything was good just traffic abit congested. Will come back again if have the chance to visit bangkok again. :)

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here Nov 2012 with my other two best friends. We had booked one room for only 2 of us, so when we got there explained to reception that we needed an extra bed. With no fuss they said "No problem, come back and get our key in 1hr". With time to spare we changed in the Lobby toilet into our swimmers and headed up to the rooftop pool for a morning swim. The pool was clean & with a cute view of the busy city.
After time had passed we went and collected our key and headed up to our room...Wow! it was huge! haha There was a simple kitchen, dinning table and here is where they placed the spare bed. We couldn't believe how spacious it was, like a mini studio for the 3 of us.
The location of the hotel was perfect since it is located right next to a Sky Train, Super useful for getting around Bangkok without getting stuck in all the traffic.
We only stayed one night but it was perfect!
I've already booked for another night in Nov 2013 and very excited!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have a perfect staying in here! it was my second visit after 2011.
We're arrived at 11 am, therefore we can't check in. We are out for lunch since the location near the restaurant. When we returned at 12:30 we got a room upgraded to Junior Suite as my other room is not available yet. We were booking 2 rooms and we requested at the same floor, besides we understand the check in time is at 2pm.
We decided to go swimming and went around the hotel.
The room is clean, and being clean everyday during our 4 Nights there.
The location very near to ITF building, on walking distance because its my assembly.
I also love the fact that Chong Non Si station is just a step away, and when we want to go to Siam its only less than 5 minutes, also to Saphan Taksin, where we got river attraction places.
Will I go back for the third place? of course when we got to Bangkok we will return.
the staff also very helpful, and even the manager is friendly to my baby boy.

I dont know why people judging perhaps they just expect better service at low price.
i-residence service is much better than service that could give by hotel in Jakarta, lest say ibis super small but double price than i-residence.

Breakfast is ok, since USD 6 for two person? come on its way cheap for hotel breakfast!!

Room Tip: Better Choose room start at 6th level to avoid noise, I mean if there is, I barely hear anyway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family