“worn out hotel”

Ranked #303 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
australia
“worn out hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel 4 times now , and the latest a month ago , its gone downhill ,as far as im concerned , and should not be rated 4 star , maybe 3 at the beat . stayed in a grand deluxe room on the 4 th floor , which was awful , views of outside walls , dirty smudge marks on the walls , horrible smoke smell , shower fixture broken, , check in staff and breakfast egg station cooks were all sour . and the breakfast was so poor , salad bar was filled with lettuce and some cold meat . will not stay here again till service smartens up , and rooms refreshed , far better places to stay in the area , at the same price , lift your game i residence

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cooperdes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Nice and cozy hotel at Chong Nonsi BTS station. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very affordable. Silom road is next to hotel with night market and nightlife. The rooms are quite large with a nice bathroom. WIFI is fast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VidNikolic
Southport, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel for the location only, although the rooms were clean and spacious if you had one with a kitchenette, they could have done with a little bit of updating. The breakfast did not blow me away and i found it quite hot in the eating area as if they had no air con on at all.

The Pool area was nice especially at night if you wanted to have a relaxing drink just chilling, the menu was ok nothing to write home about.

I would not by choice use again, i think their are much better options in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pete R
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Generally the hotel is well located with the BTS station is just few steps away, with lots of street foods along the road, center of the city, etc.

The hotel rental - I will say is value for money IF & ONLY IF .... All the followings is not on charge !!!

1) WIFI - I suppose a lot of cheap hotels are providing free wifi as well, anyway I should knw that this hotel is not providing fre wifi, but the thing I can't accept is, I paid for the wifi & is only can use for one gadget !!! Which means, we have 2 ppls in a room, each of us have to pay for it & also if each of us have more than one devices .. Say 2 gadgets, then total we need to pay is 200THB for 3 days x 4 gadgets = 800THB ..

2) Request to help to make a local call - well .. Is much ridiculous that they charged me RM2/min !!! I suppose this is their favour to help up their customer as their customer can't speak Thai ? & in fact the call, I thk is not more than 30second & they still charged us !! So bad !!

3) Breakfast not included - in other way, charge again

4) Room's Mini Bar - Everything is charged except the 2 small mineral waters ...

So ... Conclusion ! They only attract u with their lower room rate to attract u but when u are here, everything they charge ! So my advise is, is ok if u only stay for sleep only ... Then is fine .. In term of relaxing .. That I suppose u mau request more .. Then pls make other choice !

To the Hotel Management: Please improve !!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank JaceyChan
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Location is good to Thai nightclub area of Silom (walking distance). BTS Skytrain, (airconditioned public transport) Chong Nonsi station is right at the front door that takes you all over Bangkok. Local food sold at night all around the hotel. New Super Deluxe suites are cleaner, bigger and more modern than the older rooms. If you don't care, take the regular rooms. Breakfast and Pool on the rooftop is nice too. Really nothing to complain about at all. But remember the hotel is NOT the Hilton or Marriott so don't expect perfection. Staff are friendly and polite. Wifi/Internet is not free any more. But just 100 Baht for a 24 hour block (can log in and out to make it last longer).

Room Tip: Choose Super Deluxe (if you want newer rooms with more space) but pay a bit more.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank antonyaus
los angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The good: The rooms are comfortable and clean but a little worn around the edges. The price is unbeatable ($30 USD/night). The location is very convenient. The rooftop pool looks very lovely in the evening.
The bad: The quality of the rooms varies from one to the other. The service is about as warm as an ATM machine. The first impression the hotel gives is not great because it looks more like a check cashing company than a hotel. Some of the fixtures in the bathroom were rusty and loose.
They completely ignored my request for a non-smoking room. BUT, they did fix it after MUCH insistance on my part.

My experience in travelling through mid level hotels in Asia seems to hold: They will generally give you a room that suits THEM not you, despite your requests. If you have a special need, or if you are unsatisfied with the room, you must make it very clear to them when you arrive, and you must hold firm and they will usually accomodate you. I particularly can not stand hotel rooms that smell of smoke (sorry smokers), and I always ask for a non smoking room. This hotel sent me into a room in the smoking building (there are two buildings, one allows smoke, one doesn't). As soon as the elevator door opened, it was clear this was a smoker's hotel. The bellhop told me to see the room first. The room was large, and comfortable but it smelled badly of smoke. There was even an ashtray. I told the bellhop that I can not sleep in this room and he called the desk and they apologized and said no other room was available this evening. After I was polite but firm, they managed to find a room in the non smoking building. The room was much smaller, but it did not smell of smoke at all. Again, make your request known BEFORE you book, and politely make it clear what your needs are.
The room had a rattling air conditioner, but it was mostly a comfortable hotel. The shower ran hot and cold but nothing too bad. It was certainly not a 5 star luxury hotel, but it is the kind of place that a lone traveler, or a fun couple could happily call home for a few days. And the money saved on the room could be put to a daily massage or two.
One note for the squeamish: The "mini-bar" included a couple of packages of condoms for sale. This didn't mesh with the general vibe of the hotel, but, after all, it is Bangkok. The majority of other guests I saw were also from Taiwan, but there were a few Frenchies, Germans, and Australians there as well. All equally ignored/tolerated by the staff.

Room Tip: Smokers should be happy with the smoking tower. The room they showed in that building was quite lar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Benji W
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We are with a group of friends total we've booked and fully paid to the PYO travel on early Jan 2013. All together we have booked 12 rooms in I-Residence at Silom. When we booked we had remarked that we will check in late. When we check in the hotel today we are totally disappointed because the hotel only gave us a total of 10 rooms only and while our full payment booking were make are 12 rooms. The lady who claim herself as General manager at front desk are so rude and bad attitude and telling us we only can have 10 rooms to cater for about 24pax of us. Means some of my friends going to squeeze in 4 pax a room. Hotel reason with the room shortage is because of air-conditioner down and also is Songkran festival so hotel is fully booked. With this reason hotels still charged us the extra bed charges. This is ridiculous!

We fully paid for the 12 rooms fees, but you only get 10 rooms, with the extra bed for some of my friends they have to pay the extra bed charges. What is the hotel policies ?

Cleanliness, The reception area there is a foul smell of dead rodent. Room very small, interior furniture bad and smelly. Bad in-room sound proof, our room are just right beside the lift, foot step, phone tone, doorbell is so annoying.

We booked the hotel is because of the great location to celebrate Songkran Festival, with the bad experience and the attitude of this hotel, is totally spoiled our holiday mood. With this rate, we can find other better hotel at this area.

NO more 2nd time for this hotel. The ever worst hotel experience in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Antzhomme

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels