I-Residence Hotel Silom
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$316
$251
1,652 results
All reviewschong nonsi bts stationgrand deluxeboots pharmacyrooftop poolstreet foodconvenience storeeasy accesstraffic jamconvenient locationcomfortable hotelnice roomnight markettaxi driverbuffet breakfastsilommcdtrain
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel. I have already stayed many hotel in this area before.
This one is NOT the best option.
Ok, it is in Silom and very close to metro station. Also rooms were clean.

Stuff is not very nice at the reception. This may happen often in Bangkok.

Rooms are small. We stayed in a deluxe room. I thought there was a mistake when I saw the room but no, that tiny almost windows-less room was a deluxe room in their category.

Breakfast was ok. It is at the top roof next to swimming pool.

I will not go back to this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spt C
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a good hotel. No lobby. Room very nice, new, big and very comfortable. Staff ok. Exactly what I was looking for. Breakfast very poor. This is the third time I came to this hotel and I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I will start with the only two things in favour of this hotel, it has a good location and the staff are pleasant.
On the down side the hotel is old and in need of a complete make over.
They issue you with only one keycard no matter how many of you have checked in.
The place has a strange smell and the rooms are poorly lit.
The WIFI is so slow you are lucky to get a google page up.
The complimentry water must be for babies because you can finish the bottle in one mouthful.
And the top complaint is that they have parties on the roof on weekends and have the most disgusting singers I have ever heard that resembles a cat going through a meat saw but at night club volume.
You can not even hear the tv in your room no matter how loud you turn it up over the terrible noise of the low budget singing.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would not stay there again if it was free.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank browncat13
Reviewed November 15, 2012

For the price that i paid, about S$50 per night, it is really value for money, location is good, bed is clean, room well maintained hardly anything to complain about

however, an incident left a bitter taste..
one early evening about 7pm, after my friend and i went back to the hotel, i cant find the key card, and we went down and tell the front desk that i might had left the key card in the slot by the door..
A front desk staff escorted us up to the room and open the door for us and there i saw that the card was not in the slot
i told the staff that i might have lost the card, then she informed us that there will be a charge of 100thb which i accepted it, and i ask her to get me a new card now..
she then told me that she can only get me the card at 10pm! (three hours later!)
i asked her why does it have to take so long to get a new card, she tried to explain to me, but i cant understand her, then i just accept my fate and tell her i will get it from her later then

and just before she leave the room, she removed the card that turns on the power in the room and a minute later, my friend and i were left in the dark and air conless room.
my friend and i were so dumbfounded by the stupidity of the staff that sat in the dark room for a few minutes whether to laugh cry or get angry

luckily, my friend checked his wallet and realised the key card was with him all along but that is besides the point.

i have read in trip advisor that an incident like that had happened before, and i cannot believe that it actually happened to me and obviously the management didnt take feedback seriously and yet they still hang a trip advisor.com plaque on their wall..

based on the price that i had paid, i didnt have much high expectations, i have overheard some other guest asking for extra pillows, towels, and got upset because they will be charged extra, but hey.. it's only s$50. i think everything else about this hotel is good except the above unfortunate incident

i have written (yes, hand written) a two page letter to the manager because i think it's a good hotel, other than a stupid procedure that can be fixed easily to make it an even better hotel.

i will definitely choose this hotel to stay again, and either hope that they have fixed this problem or safe guard my key with all my life

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank utonium
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Spacious room I got at RM 911. Easily accessible to BTS. Now if only mid-price hotels in Bangkok can give a free wi-fi access then it really is amazing Thailand.I would definitely stay in my future visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo