“Wonderful Evergreen Place - Wonderful Thailand!”

Evergreen Place Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 1,347 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I had wonderful experience at Evergreen Place during my 4-day shopping and sightseeing trip in Bangkok with my friends. The room is simple but with nice modern thai feeling, clean, with nice view and everything you need. The complimentary wi-fi in room and lobby is stable allowing me to connect with my mom anytime. Breakfast is simple but very tasty.. I requested for congee for a few days, which is nice and free! The location is near shopping area and close to sky train. on top, they got 7-11 in the compound so you don’t have to worry about snacks or beverages. Overall it has made our Bangkok trip a wonderful one. One comment is it is a bit far from Suvarnabhumi airport so we had to leave a lot of spare time as my flight is during rush hour.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Liv29_10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed November 12, 2010

Very good location, very good price. We stayed for a few weeks with the while family. The rooms very very large and clean. The property is not new, but it is well maintained and more than sufficient for a holiday stay. The amount of space is great - get a two bedroom - it will give you more than enough room to spread out and enjoy and relax.

The service is great from the warm greeting at the front door to the desk service - all you have to do is ask and they do their best to help. I was there with my kids and family and everyone enjoyed the stay. The staff was also really great with the kids as well. I was impressed - I stayed at this place in 2003 during my studies and the staff is still familiar and just as nice. I would highly recommend it. Good value for money, great location, comfortable and spacious and friendly service.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TMausH
Reviewed November 3, 2010

It's centrally located about a 5-minute walk away from the Ratchathawee BTS stop. Set in a little alley just off from the busy main street, the hotel is a lot more quiet and less hectic than other hotels in the area. The room is clean and spacious with a kitchenette, a living area, and a sleeping area. The bed is very comfortable and the linen is of good quality, especially compared to other hotels in the same price range. Overall you get a great value from this moderately priced hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank meethjoe
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am Japanese guy who happen to start working in Thailand since Nov. 2010
While I m looking for a place to stay as long term, I stayed in this hotel for few weeks during October 2010. And I found that it's safe, convenient, good service and reasonable price.

The location is unbeatable at this price, only 1 min to BTS (BKK mass transit) and only 1 station far away from Siam Square (you can walk actually). The great shopping area which include almost everything from very luxury goods in Siam Paragon till very cheap T-shirt. Or even electronics stuff in MBK.

For the food, restaurant in Siam Paragon is smart choice with various kind of food.
If you budget is limited, there are many delicious restaurant in Siam square area.

More over, if you are movie lover, you can find only alternative movie theater name Lido and Scala. There are always great movie which you just can’t watch in ordinary theater (like Major group EGV group)

If you like museum, it’s just 5 minutes walks to Bangkok Arts and Cultural center. I’ve been there many times, and it’s very awesome. It’s good place to spend your Sunday afternoon.

All in all, I think it’s closed to everything one need to comfort ones stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank boatjapan

Travel dates: 22-24 Oct 2010
Travelled with husband & another couple. This was a last minute hotel pick cause i didnt have time to scout for a low, and hotels.com first choice came up with this as best price. Here is my review:

Rooms:
Good points
1. I got a junior suite - with a spacious living room, a fridge with only 2 mineral bottles, 1 tiny bathroom (with only shower gel, shampoo & handwash) and 1 very nice bedroom with an awesome view of Bangkok
2. The entire apt was clean and spacious.. huge! u can throw ur stuff around and never trip on them
3. A TV & DVD player provided in the living room (with only 1 couch though)
4. Water pressure was strong so that was nice
5. U get 2 airconds - one for the bedroom & one for the living room. Both are individually controlled and it's in pretty good condition
6. Bedroom was with a queen size bed, very clean sheets and with a tiny balcony. we slept with the drapes open so that we can view bangkok's city lights

Improvement points:
1. Bathroom was small - cant fit 2 people if u need to use the sink etc
2. The safe was TINY - cant even fit my notebook laptop.. so instead, we didnt let anyone clean the room. Not that u require lots of clenaing unless u wanna party like crazy

Booking
Yeay points - very easy webpage to be used. u can always call up to reconfirm ur booking. staff speaks english quite okay...

Location
Yeay points:
1. Super near to Ratchatewi station - 2mins walk
2. Near to MBK - bout 8 mins walk
3. Supposed to be near to the canal too but i didnt go there.. supposed to be 2 mins walk too..
4. From aiport it will take u about 30 mins to arrive, 1 hour during rush hour. About 300-400 Baht. I suggest u take the train from airport all the way to Phaya Thai and then board the Sukhumvit line to Ratchethewi and walk from there.. cheaper and faster! 15 baht per person until end of 2010.. and max 45 baht afterwards.. that is if u dont have a LOT of baggage.. cause at ratchathewi, there's only stairs - no escalators etc
Improvement points:
1. For first timer, it's hard to find the locaiton. Even the taxi driver had a hard time. From the main road, u have to take a really tiny road to the hotel. U can hardly see the "Evergreen Place" signboard cause it's not on the main road. If you see a 7 Eleven before the Ratchathewi station, then take a turn to the tiny road there.. and it's there!

Price:
1. We paid RM200 per night with breakfast there.. that's about EUR50 per night.. not bad...

Internet is not free.. u have to pay and get a login id.
Breakfast wasn't great at all... but i loved the coffee.
No restaurants nearby, but there's a CocoWalk, similar like a bar area- but we didnt go there.
I would recommend it for big groups going and can share the apartment... the only other place i stayed in was Siam City Hotel, which was nice, but very much pricier. I will most likely try other hotels on my nx visit to Bangkok

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank misspeacha
Wutthiphon, General Manager at Evergreen Place Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Dear misspeacha, Thank you for your informative comments! We extremely appreciate it and are very keen to hear how we could improve our guests’ experience. We will actually be giving away our wifi from 1 November 2011. As for bathroom, we are changing configuration of some smaller ones to make it more spacious.. to the standard of our spacious rooms. We will also be providing more selection on our breakfast buffet, although many dishes are available upon request with no charges. We will be hoping for the opportunity to welcome you back and serve you again soon! Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2010

dont be put off by the location of this hotel. it is off track of a main road, and does not look very appealing. but once inside, everything changes. staff extremely friendly and helpfull.
room clean and well laid out. price very cheap for bangkok. when i stay in bangkok, definately consider this one.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sootymilne
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We are Japanese couples just back from our trip to Bangkok and stayed at the Evergreen Place for 4 nights. The room was very nice in modern thai-style, extremely clean and tidy. The bath tub and all the spa-amenities were also a nice touch. Their staffs were also very friendly and helpful and smiling at all time (no wonder they are calling Thailand a land of smile). In addition to European breakfast buffet we could also request for asian-style items free of charge. They also have an NHK channel and a Japanese newspaper which were very useful for us.

And best of all, the location. It is literally 1 min walk from the sky train, and very close to MBK, Siam Paragon, Siam square (which really helped our shopping :) ) I would recommend it to everyone looking for an accommodation in the middle of city. We sure will revisit the Evergreen Place again in our next Thailand trip soon!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple